Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

The stela that comes from is more than a thousand years after the culture that built the Motilla del Azuer, which was your earlier pic.

Motillas were built to guard water resources during a very dry period. There's a well in the middle of the one you posted. It's not a city - it's a fortification for the well.

Harte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harte said:

The stela that comes from is more than a thousand years after the culture that built the Motilla del Azuer, which was your earlier pic.

Motillas were built to guard water resources during a very dry period. There's a well in the middle of the one you posted. It's not a city - it's a fortification for the well.

Harte

As to offices and honours, the following was the arrangement from the first. Each of the ten kings in his own division and in his own city had the absolute control of the citizens, and, in most cases, of the laws, punishing and slaying whomsoever he would. Now the order of precedence among them and their mutual relations were regulated by the commands of Poseidon which the law had handed down. These were inscribed by the first kings on a pillar of orichalcum, which was situated in the middle of the island, at the temple of Poseidon,

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

I don`nt think it was many cities that sank, that each ten kings had ,  but only a temple of Poseidon,

Edited by docyabut2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

There are inscriptions on a stone in the museum  Badajoz,horses , a chariot ,  and there are boats in a cave in Campanario I  will try and find. 

badajoz-spain-november-21-2017-260nw-782074225.jpg

With the wheels and horses on their sides like that makes you wonder if they didn't inadvertently run off a cliff.

jmccr8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

There are inscriptions on a stone in the museum  Badajoz,horses , a chariot ,  and there are boats in a cave in Campanario I  will try and find. 

First, you would appear to be relying upon the interpretation of symbolism by an individual who is of questionable qualification.

Secondly, you would appear to have low expectations for the artistic sensibilities and capabilities of the vaunted "Atlanteans". Or were they notably less capable than representatives of the Magdalenian culture (~ 17,000 BP) or the notably earlier Aurignacian culture (~ 37,000 - 28,000 BP)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lascaux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvet_Cave

As always, note timeline and consider technological state. More detailed imagery is readily available.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Piney said:

What's the name of the cave? I'll poke around. 

Its all on a film  (Atlantis Rising Secrets Decoded) of National Geographic, that is not released yet.  

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Its all on a film  (Atlantis Rising Secrets Decoded) of National Geographic, that is not released yet.  

Hi Docyabut2

This is a real ancient map laid by an alien ostrich do you see Atlantis on it?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24091-carved-ostrich-egg-is-oldest-depiction-of-the-new-world/

jmccr8

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Missed this...

This actually shows a Early Bronze Age Indo-European burial. These people came out of the Pontic-Caspian Steppe and migrated downwards. 

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

As to offices and honours, the following was the arrangement from the first. Each of the ten kings in his own division and in his own city had the absolute control of the citizens, and, in most cases, of the laws, punishing and slaying whomsoever he would. Now the order of precedence among them and their mutual relations were regulated by the commands of Poseidon which the law had handed down. These were inscribed by the first kings on a pillar of orichalcum, which was situated in the middle of the island, at the temple of Poseidon,

I don`nt think it was many cities that sank, that each ten kings had ,  but only a temple of Poseidon,

...so you think Plato, who you have bored us into distraction by quoting at length, is wrong?!

--Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

This is pure madness, someone make it stop.

What you are saying goes AGAINST what Plato said.  Its location is questionable to where Plato says Atlantis should be, the size is wrong VERY VERY wrong, its not an island. So NO this is not Atlantis. Get over it. 

Also a picture of people looking at a map is evidence of nothing. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2019 at 10:53 AM, Will Due said:

Yes, the oceans are floating on top of the earth's crust while the earth's crust is floating on an ocean of magma.

Everything is mixing and fluid. Moving from side to side while bobbing up and down.

The earth is dancing with all this moving side to side, shaking, and bopping up and down. This Atlantis is just another game of hide and seek. Plato hid it, and all the simple Simons are seeking it. 

On 3/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I fail to see how it relates to this persons adamant belief in a mythical island nation. :)

Although the parameters for both beliefs are very similar: a complete disregard for reality...

Who made you judge of reality? Anyway, reality can only be grasped with the mind's eye, as it is not visible to the material eye. You completely disregard Socrates'/Plato's overall and true philosophy, and therefore you cannot be a judge in any matters relating to Atlantis and the question of its reality. Therefore it is you who fails to see the relation to anyone's adamant belief, although the person you are addressing cannot be a judge either, because she seems to know and understand Plato's work even less than you. In short, you both fail to see Atlantis, in reality.

Because Atlantis never existed, in reality.

Harte

• Like 5

After viewing both films, Plato's writings,  and  Georgeos Díaz-Montexano  `s findings.  I`m so more convinced that Atlantis is in the Tartesso area.

Beyond the pillars of Hercules

Facing a country called Gades

The mountains surrounding the country call Atlantis, that had the ten kings cities

A Poseidon temple. Maybe there was a Poseidon temple on the little island in the Donana park

I kind of believe the Athens warriors attacked the country Atlantis in their ships, when a violent earthquake and a tusumi hit them, destroyed the temple.

Like the story said  Zeus only punished them.  

• Haha 1

I have described the city and the environs of the ancient palace nearly in the words of Solon, and now I must endeavour to represent the nature and arrangement of the rest of the land. The whole country was said by him to be very lofty and precipitous on the side of the sea, but the country immediately about and surrounding the city was a level plain, itself surrounded by mountains which descended towards the sea; it was smooth and even, and of an oblong shape, extending in one direction three thousand stadia, but across the centre inland it was two thousand stadia. This part of the island looked towards the south, and was sheltered from the north. The surrounding mountains were celebrated for their number and size and beauty, far beyond any which still exist, having in them also many wealthy villages of country folk, and rivers, and lakes, and meadows supplying food enough for every animal, wild or tame, and much wood of various sorts, abundant for each and every kind of work.

Its where it was when the other kings had cities

rivers-sized1.png

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I have described the city and the environs of the ancient palace nearly in the words of Solon, and now I must endeavour to represent the nature and arrangement of the rest of the land. The whole country was said by him to be very lofty and precipitous on the side of the sea, but the country immediately about and surrounding the city was a level plain, itself surrounded by mountains which descended towards the sea; it was smooth and even, and of an oblong shape, extending in one direction three thousand stadia, but across the centre inland it was two thousand stadia. This part of the island looked towards the south, and was sheltered from the north. The surrounding mountains were celebrated for their number and size and beauty, far beyond any which still exist, having in them also many wealthy villages of country folk, and rivers, and lakes, and meadows supplying food enough for every animal, wild or tame, and much wood of various sorts, abundant for each and every kind of work.

Its where it was when the other kings had cities

rivers-sized1.png

The plain you indicate is not only not facing South (as your quote from Plato clearly states,) but is also only about half the size of the plain Plato describes (again, in your own quote.)

Harte

6 minutes ago, Harte said:

The plain you indicate is not only not facing South (as your quote from Plato clearly states,) but is also only about half the size of the plain Plato describes (again, in your own quote.)

Harte

Where is it when

surrounded by mountains which descended towards the sea

Yes it also said pointed to the south, but that could be a description of the whole Spain `s land.

it was smooth and even, and of an oblong shape, extending in one direction three thousand stadia, but across the centre it was two thousand stadia

could mean the plain.

Edited by docyabut2

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Yes it also said pointed to the south, but that could be a description of the whole Spain `s land.

it was smooth and even, and of an oblong shape, extending in one direction three thousand stadia, but across the centre it was two thousand stadia

could mean the plain.

That's inane.

What country doesn't "point to the south?"

And the plain, as I already told you, is only about half the size of the one Plato descibes.

Harte

Edited by Harte

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

That's inane.

What country doesn't "point to the south?"

Harte

Yes it also said pointed to the south, but that could be a description of the south of the whole Spain `s land.

Edited by docyabut2

Just now, docyabut2 said:

In what way does "the whole Spain's land" point toward the south?

Harte

1 minute ago, Harte said:

In what way does "the whole Spain's land" point toward the south?

Harte

harte to me its describing  southern Spain.  

So, why isn't Atlantis in, say, Greece, which is pointing even more southward than Spain?

Harte

rivers-sized1.pngto me Spain is also a island considered  in ancient times,  and why the Vikings carried  their boats to get across :) 

Edited by docyabut2

ok all, its why its was explained that all Atlantians  weren't  destroyed

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, 

• The topic was locked