Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

He just started insulting me in another thread. :lol:

I hope you got some payback lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Piney said:

I'll point out why. It's been determined your a liar without facts on your side. Besides, do you think @Mellon Man has time for you?

Who elected you Thread Captain? 

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in shimmering Samite, held forth the sword Excaliber, proving that Pettytalk was - by divine right - the Thread Captain. 

Now then... what happened to all those "impassible shoals" that Plato described ? I don't recall the Bay of Biscay EVER being impassible ? People would have noticed it. You know.. sailors and tha' ? 

If the shoals exist, then perhaps Atlantis WAS a real place. If the shoals don't exist (and never have done), then it's all just a story that he made up. 

So then @Pettytalk, Habeas Shoalus Show us the Shoals, or for ever hold your peace. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

He accused me of lying about my martial arts rank when 3 people here know me from the circuit and spending time in the Byodo-In. :lol:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Now then... what happened to all those "impassible shoals" that Plato described ? I don't recall the Bay of Biscay EVER being impassible ? People would have noticed it. You know.. sailors and tha' ? 

He thinks Alantis is the current U.S. so I would imagine it the barrier islands in the Carolinas. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Piney said:

He thinks Alantis is the current U.S. so I would imagine it the barrier islands in the Carolinas. :lol:

Wait.. what.. the USA ? Umm.... but... but... Atlantis sank and was utterly destroyed. I think we would have NOTICED if that happened to the USA ? I mean... Trump would tweet about it at the very least ? Anyway, barrier islands aren't shoals. 

I DEMAND A SHOAL !

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Wait.. what.. the USA ? Umm.... but... but... Atlantis sank and was utterly destroyed. I think we would have NOTICED if that happened to the USA ? I mean... Trump would tweet about it at the very least ? Anyway, barrier islands aren't shoals. 

I DEMAND A SHOAL !

He says it's gonna happen and we have to accept Jesus to be saved.

Your not paying attention to the whole thread!!!! :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

@Pettytalk such intimate knowledge on using ignore button from Hanslooney. The dude that has claimed to have ignored many posters including yours truely YET still mysteriously responds. Kinda rich, isn’t it?

I know what you mean, if I may be allowed to use the term "know", loosely. I see how they mistreat you, as well. And in sharing our agony, them, we console our pains, and turn them into stones; ignoring those tiny pebbles in our shoes, and the little discomfort they cause us, as we march forward to Atlantis.

I have dealt with those types from long ago, and I can spot them from 50 stadia away. I get to giggle at their naivety, as they make themselves out to be masters of reality. Can there be anyone more foolish than they who claim to know reality? 

I keep emphasizing that only God knows reality, but it's futile, as they don't know God, to begin with.

1 hour ago, Peter Cox said:

Evidently not ignored considering you read it and replied to it.

Ignore - "Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally" 

Once again you have show your inability to do what you even claim you will do. 

If I may repeat it, you are even less than ignore. Like, I ignore to take you seriously, on account of you not having anything to offer which is worthy of my consideration, other then to keep reminding you that you are less than anything you could ever be.

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

He says it's gonna happen and we have to accept Jesus to be saved.

Your not paying attention to the whole thread!!!! :angry:

Meh.. I just dip in from time to time. I have minions to explain it all to me. 

So explain it all to me @Piney :P 

Anyway... WHERE ARE MY SHOALS ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

It was merely putting forth the truth and as such, it was not a payback. Besides, I'm not aware that piney has given me anything worthy of repayment.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in shimmering Samite, held forth the sword Excaliber, proving that Pettytalk was - by divine right - the Thread Captain. 

If the shoals exist, then perhaps Atlantis WAS a real place. If the shoals don't exist (and never have done), then it's all just a story that he made up. 

So then @Pettytalk, Habeas Shoalus Show us the Shoals, or for ever hold your peace. 

I'm always peaceable But to answer your question, seek out the holy grail on this forum, and you will find the answer to your question.

55 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I'm always peaceable But to answer your question, seek out the holy grail on this forum, and you will find the answer to your question.

So then.. where are my Shoals ? 

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I know what you mean, if I may be allowed to use the term "know", loosely. I see how they mistreat you, as well. And in sharing our agony, them, we console our pains, and turn them into stones; ignoring those tiny pebbles in our shoes, and the little discomfort they cause us, as we march forward to Atlantis.

I have dealt with those types from long ago, and I can spot them from 50 stadia away. I get to giggle at their naivety, as they make themselves out to be masters of reality. Can there be anyone more foolish than they who claim to know reality? 

I keep emphasizing that only God knows reality, but it's futile, as they don't know God, to begin with.

Yeah i was also on the back end of Hanslooney's malice. I survived and so will you. March brave soul towards Atlantis march with God by your side. Fear not the darkness from the evil cabal (i gave them that nick name) but rejoice in the knowledge that you Sir are the keeper and discover of ancient wisdom.

Until next time old friend.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

If I may repeat it, you are even less than ignore. Like, I ignore to take you seriously, on account of you not having anything to offer which is worthy of my consideration, other then to keep reminding you that you are less than anything you could ever be.

Evidently not ignored considering you read it and replied to it.

Ignore - "Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally" 

Once again you have show your inability to do what you even claim you will do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Anyway... WHERE ARE MY SHOALS ? 

If they were up your butt you'd know it!!!!! :o

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah i was also on the back end of Hanslooney's malice. I survived and so will you. March brave soul towards Atlantis march with God by your side. Fear not the darkness from the evil cabal (i gave them that nick name) but rejoice in the knowledge that you Sir are the keeper and discover of ancient wisdom.

Until next time old friend.  

Let it be known again, my friend, that those who are evil are evil due to their ignorance. Because it is said that, anyone of sense would never act evil, intentionally. And I fear no man, as I fear not those that can hurt only the body. There is only One we should all fear, and that is He who can hurt not only the body, but also the soul.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Let it be known again, my friend, that those who are evil are evil due to their ignorance. Because it is said that, anyone of sense would never act evil, intentionally. And I fear no man, as I fear not those that can hurt only the body. There is only One we should all fear, and that is He who can hurt not only the body, but also the soul.

Less of the blither-blather. Bring Forth the Shoals ! I want my shoals !

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

If they were up your butt you'd know it!!!!! :o

Butt I don't, so they aren't ! 

• Haha 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Butt I don't, so they aren't ! 

Here you go mate! Pink was all they had left...

But then again, you do drive a Vauxhall Corsa. :yes:

download (1).jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

evil cabal (i gave them that nick name)

Ahem........cough, cough!! 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Less of the blither-blather. Bring Forth the Shoals ! I want my shoals !

Would you settle for some sand dunes?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Piney said:

Yes "plak" is PIE for flat but the PIE folk were originally steppe nomads. Which is why the term "sea of grass" can be found in many IE and Indo-Iranian languages. The Paleo-Balkan folk were also mountain dwellers and branches have come down into the plains where they dwelled and were named for it. 

So it could be "Flatlanders".

The sea people were many different ethnic groups including the ancient Sicilians and possibly the Minoans. Coastal dwelling Greeks no doubt participated, including the Pelasgians.

So it could be "Sea Dwellers".  

Murrays etymology isn't superior. It was just one of many. Since I consider the Pelasgians Greeks who didn't live in the hills. I'm going with "Flatlander". 

Piney (and Jaylemurph),

We were discussing two etymologies for the word Pelasgian.  My post showed that one of those two etymologies (Klein's) was phonetically "impossible".  Therefore, I concluded (by rejecting the impossible) that the other etymology, Murray's, was superior.

If the timeline of Robert Drews is reasonably correct (in The Coming of the Greeks), then the "Greeks" entered Greece and Peloponnesia ca. 1600 BC.    Thus I agree with your category of "paleo-Balkan folk", for the Pelasgians.

But this 1600 BC chronology for Greek immigration also confirms that any "pre-Greek Pelasgians" should be dated long before Egypt's confrontation with Sea Peoples (who are implied in Klein's inferior etymology).

When you said the Pelasgians were a "waste-bin", that was an exaggeration.  According to Herodotus, the Pelasgians were an important middle link in declaring the names and functions of the gods to the Greeks, as relayed by Homer and Hesiod.  (Herodotus 2.52.1 through 2.53.2)

8 hours ago, Piney said:

No. 

Just no. 

If any Atlantidiot mentions... the thing that happened there, I’ll be very mean. 

1 hour ago, atalante said:

Piney (and Jaylemurph),

We were discussing two etymologies for the word Pelasgian.  My post showed that one of those two etymologies (Klein's) was phonetically "impossible".  Therefore, I concluded (by rejecting the impossible) that the other etymology, Murray's, was superior.

You didn’t prove /anything/ impossible. You cited the opinion of someone else, an opinion that is hardly a consensus in the field (not that you know the field). 

You picked the one you like better and took it as fact, without further justification. That’s not scholarly work. 

—Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked