Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

its all in making  of  Plato `s Atlantis  true :)

Hi Docyabut

To be honest this is all I can see here and I still like you./:D

jmccr8

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The vast majority of conspiracy theorists, paranormal believers, religious people..I could go on.:lol:

Hi ThereWeAreThen

Yes and it would seem to appear that there is a descernible number that are multi-tasking with several at a time.:rolleyes::whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 12:10 AM, docyabut2 said:

Such was the natural state of the country, which was cultivated, as we may well believe, by true husbandmen, who made husbandry their business, and were lovers of honour, and of a noble nature, and had a soil the best in the world, and abundance of water, and in the heaven above an excellently attempered climate. Now the city in those days was arranged on this wise. In the first place the Acropolis was not as now. For the fact is that a single night of excessive rain washed away the earth and laid bare the rock; at the same time there were earthquakes, and then occurred the extraordinary inundation, which was the third before the great destruction of Deucalion

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

So what was the third flood and extraordinary inundation of Athens , the same time of Atlantis`s  earthquakes and flooding ? 

Following the logic of Plato, i think it is safe to conclude this happened 9000 kalender turns prior to the events around a point in history we label nowadays 570 BC :-)

As we all know Atlantis (still following Plato) disappeared in a time we agree to call the very early 13th century BC (9000 mooncycles earlier than Solon's visit to Egypt), it must have occured at that time.

The answer could then be: let's take a look at possible extraordinary inundations of Athens in 13th century BC.

Should I stand idle, and let both skeptics and believers of a real Atlantis make a mockery of the truth?

Again, Plato's mention of the combatants in the war against Atlantis, who were on Athens' side is, again, one of symbolic meaning.

Using Mellon man's  "Lamb's" English translation of the Critias, we see those combatants named. What anyone who does not allow for the supernatural does not see, is what these half-god creatures symbolize. 

In this way, then, the names of the ancients, without their works, have been preserved. And for evidence of what I say I point to the statement of Solon, that the Egyptian priests, in describing the war of that period, mentioned most of those names
— such as those of Cecrops and Erechtheus and Erichthonius and Erysichthon and most of the other names which are recorded of the various heroes before Theseus.

Practically, we are being told that Athens' combatants against the "turned-evil" Atlantis, the "Beast" which is the Atlantis that evolved to the point of valuing material wealth above spiritual virtue, are the heroes of old, the direct sons of the gods. These Athenian heroes are fighting on behalf of heaven. And would justify why a vast inferior force will defeat a much greater numbered opponent in the war to come.

And we could not have a better representation of this war between an earthly, beastly empire and heavenly half-god humans than we see in the book of Revelation, and the war depicted therein.

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Should I stand idle, and let both skeptics and believers of a real Atlantis make a mockery of the truth?

Again, Plato's mention of the combatants in the war against Atlantis, who were on Athens' side is, again, one of symbolic meaning.

Using Mellon man's  "Lamb's" English translation of the Critias, we see those combatants named. What anyone who does not allow for the supernatural does not see, is what these half-god creatures symbolize. 

In this way, then, the names of the ancients, without their works, have been preserved. And for evidence of what I say I point to the statement of Solon, that the Egyptian priests, in describing the war of that period, mentioned most of those names
— such as those of Cecrops and Erechtheus and Erichthonius and Erysichthon and most of the other names which are recorded of the various heroes before Theseus.

Practically, we are being told that Athens' combatants against the "turned-evil" Atlantis, the "Beast" which is the Atlantis that evolved to the point of valuing material wealth above spiritual virtue, are the heroes of old, the direct sons of the gods. These Athenian heroes are fighting on behalf of heaven. And would justify why a vast inferior force will defeat a much greater numbered opponent in the war to come.

And we could not have a better representation of this war between an earthly, beastly empire and heavenly half-god humans than we see in the book of Revelation, and the war depicted therein.

Fella, it's just a story. Does Hogwarts actually exist? Did frodo really destroy the one ring? Are xenomorphs really attacking human colonies on other planets?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

So Atlantis isn’t America anymore, it’s the forces of The Beast Itself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Van Gorp said:

Following the logic of Plato, i think it is safe to conclude this happened 9000 kalender turns prior to the events around a point in history we label nowadays 570 BC :-)

As we all know Atlantis (still following Plato) disappeared in a time we agree to call the very early 13th century BC (9000 mooncycles earlier than Solon's visit to Egypt), it must have occured at that time.

The answer could then be: let's take a look at possible extraordinary inundations of Athens in 13th century BC.

Neither the Greeks nor the Egyptians confused months with years.

According to Plato, Atlantis engaged in this war sometime around 11,600 BC.

That's not the 13th Century BC.

Harte

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

You're basically try to teach a rock english here fella. Zero point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

You're basically try to teach a rock english here fella. Zero point.

Well, I've had some success in the past.

I can teach a rock to say "conk" when it hits your head.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

Well, I've had some success in the past.

I can teach a rock to say "conk" when it hits your head.

Harte

Pretty impressive. Letting the teaching of English to these rocks continue.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Van Gorp said:

We agree on no such thing. Plato specifically says: 

ἐνακισχίλια ἔτη

That literally means "nine thousand years". There is no room for reinterpreting it to mean something else. The words can be found in Liddell and Scott's Greek-English Lexicon on pages 470 and 593 respectively. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Atlantis believer: "When Plato wrote about Atlantis he was absolutely right. Apart from the location, timeframe and how it dissapeared he was spot on !"

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Genetically as a whole the Greeks appear to have been a combination with Mycenaean Greeks having an extra admixture as seen in the following: 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318862250_Genetic_origins_of_the_Minoans_and_Mycenaeans/link/5a9d4ade45851586a2aec6a8/download

The "ultimate source" in the text (which dates to August 2017) given for the Mycenaean Greeks appears to have occurred between the 2nd and 3rd millenia BC. 

cormac

cormac,

The concluding sentence of the paper says two intruding migrations have been discovered, as overlays to the original farming population.

" the discovery of at least two migration events into the Aegean in addition to the first farming dispersal before the Bronze Age, and of additional population change since that time, supports the view that the Greeks did not emerge fully formed from the depths of prehistory, but were, indeed, a people ‘ever in the process of becoming’ 30. "

13 minutes ago, atalante said:

cormac,

The concluding sentence of the paper says two intruding migrations have been discovered, as overlays to the original farming population.

" the discovery of at least two migration events into the Aegean in addition to the first farming dispersal before the Bronze Age, and of additional population change since that time, supports the view that the Greeks did not emerge fully formed from the depths of prehistory, but were, indeed, a people ‘ever in the process of becoming’ 30. "

Yes, which is in reference to both genetic migrations for the Mycenaeans coming, in part, from the northern Steppe region and a Levantine origin concerning more southwestern Anatolian migrations. Since I said it was a combination and the question concerned the Mycenaeans what is your point? 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Where are the impassible shoals ? 

If you don't have impassible shoals, then your theory is  NOTHING ! 

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR.  The islands are named as ERYTHEIA

What do to think connected the islands?

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So Atlantis isn’t America anymore, it’s the forces of The Beast Itself?

It's still America, an American Empire turned evil that will require, as the story itself alludes, the possible intervention of Providence, to bring back it back in tune. The closing of Plato's Critias, translated by Jowett.

By such reflections and by the continuance in them of a divine nature, the qualities which we have described grew and increased among them; but when the divine portion began to fade away, and became diluted too often and too much with the mortal admixture, and the human nature got the upper hand, they then, being unable to bear their fortune, behaved unseemly, and to him who had an eye to see grew visibly debased, for they were losing the fairest of their precious gifts; but to those who had no eye to see the true happiness, they appeared glorious and blessed at the very time when they were full of avarice and unrighteous power. Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows.......

Unfortunately, the true essence of the story of Atlantis cannot be put forth without invoking the supernatural religious theme. Because the story of Atlantis begins in religion, and it will end in religion. 

There are some sources out there that make America out to be the "beast" of Revelation, but have no idea of the existence of another prophecy, yet from the same source, which once truly understood, it will surely will corroborate their mere suspicions on America in prophecy. And for which they interpret from the book of Revelation, and other Biblical accounts. There is a true prophetic meaning in the story of Atlantis, and also the spirit of warning, since the sentence has yet to be pronounced by the God of gods, Zeus, who is surely a symbolic representation of "the" Father and God of all, as represented in the Timaeus dialogue, where the story of Atlantis is first introduced to the world.

The following is just one example of America being suspected of being the Beast. And if read, it also echoes many of the religious sentiments that some express on this forum, both pro and con.

America in Bible Prophecy

On this page you will not only find out that America is in Bible prophecy, but also that America will be the main nation to bring on the mark of the beast and cause the world to take it. In Revelation 13 we have two beasts. One that rises up out of the sea, and one that rises up out of the earth. And it is the 'earth beast' which 'causes the world to take the mark of the beast'. So for this earth beast to be able to cause the world to take the mark of the 'sea beast', it needs to be a global superpower.

"America is not only the first, as well as the only, truly global superpower, but it is also likely to be the very last." ('The Grand Chessboard' by Zbigniew Brzezinski, (Former United States National Security Advisor)

Even though there have been world empires before like Babylon and Rome, Mr Brzezinski is talking about the fact that America is exercising power truly all over the world, which is what the earth beast does in Revelation 13. There is only ONE nation on earth that appears on the world stage "lamb like" ('Christian') but ends up "speaking as a dragon", and has the power and influence to cause the rest of the world to take the mark of the 'sea beast' - And that nation is AMERICA!

AMERICA - THE NATION AT WAR WITH THE WORLD - US AT WAR IN OVER 150 COUNTRIES!

http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/america-bible-prophecy.html

1 hour ago, atalante said:

That happened in many areas the PIE folk migrated into.  The first group were the warrior-raiders looking for wives and loot. The second settlers after the warrior caste ruled the region. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR.  The islands are named as ERYTHEIA

Plato never mentions the islands. 

He merely talks about a shoal that blocked navigation Westwards. 

Show me the Shoals, or forswear Atlantis. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Show me the Shoals, or forswear Atlantis. 

Howabout I do both. :yes:

download (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Howabout I do both. :yes:

download (1).jpg

They're very...  pink. 

Hmm... will these assuage my thirst for knowledge of ancient Atlantis ? 

Hmm.. possibly... possibly... 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

I hate to agree with snobs that ignore other snobs like me, since I may be a bigger snob because I ignore both skeptics and seekers when it comes to Atlantis, as I know “better”. And I'm being rather modest when I say “better.”

The majority of those that some here address as "Atlantidiots," may have beaten you to the punch already, as they have, from long ago, discounted the possibility of Solon having misunderstood those 9,000 solar years. And from a different perspective, Solon is also blamed of having mistaken the Egyptian symbol for 100 with the one for a 1000, since this too has been claimed by some, to also place Atlantis in the bronze age, since a tenfold reduction will numerically make the 9,000 become 900 years before Solon, 1,500 B.C.  "As early as 1572 Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa suggested the application of lunar ‘years’ rather than solar years to Plato’s figures. Augustin Zárate expressed the same view in 1577, quoting Eudoxus in support of it."  (Atlantipedia)

Some Atlantis seekers want to use Solon as a scapegoat, when their hypotheses on Atlantis are staged for the bronze age period. And the main reason for needing to use this bronze age period is because they don't know how to account for that approximate date of 11,600 B.C. And also because they get taken in by Plato's symbolic representation of the military arms/equipment descriptions. And therefore they are left between a rock and a hard place, in having to choose between a date where history discounts altogether any existing civilization at around 9,600 B.C., and the one that is viable historically, and which is the later part of the bronze age of around 1,500 B.C.

And therefore are left with "cherry picking," picking to use the excuse of substituting months with years, making out Solon to be in error on understanding the Priest's verbal date account, or of his error in exchanging the two numerical symbols in reading the story in the Egyptian “sacred texts themselves. Therefore it's obvious that those staging Atlantis in the bronze age, by proposing Solon's misunderstandings as justification, will not accept the truth that it's Plato, and not Solon that first gave us the story of Atlantis. But still, just to humor them, if it really was Solon who got the story from Egypt, someone as wise as Solon was reputed to be would never have made such errors. As I'm certain that he would have questioned the Egyptian priests further, upon hearing or/and reading such a wild and totally unknown story about his own native Athens, nor had any other Greek before, wise or "other-wise."

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/date-of-atlantis/

There are roughly three schools of thought regarding this important detail. The first group persist in accepting at face value Plato’s reference to a period of 9,000 solar years having elapsed since the War with  Atlantis up to the time of Solon’s visit around 550 BC. The second group are convinced that the 9,000 refers to periods other than solar years, such as lunar cycles or seasons. The third group seeks to identify the time of Atlantis by linking it to other known historical events.

50 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

It doesn't matter what connected the islands as Plato doesn't say Gades/Cadiz is Atlantis. Besides, Cadiz was never the size of the capital of Atlantis nor was it surrounded by a 3000 X 2000 flat stadia plain nor was said plain further surrounded by a 10,000 stadia ditch. 

cormac

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I ignore both skeptics and seekers when it comes to Atlantis, as I know “better”. And I'm being rather modest when I say “better.”

That's a mental health issue you need to have addressed. Or you know your lying. 

and......

56 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

It's still America, an American Empire turned evil that will require, as the story itself alludes, the possible intervention of Providence, to bring back it back in tune.

You seem to be the only one in the world who believes this and your too pathological to see nobody is biting, and how come your only "spreading it" here and not throughout the web?  Then you address Harte who you know has you on ignore. 

Then on the other end of things this could be the greatest troll job ever conceived here......

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked