Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Then on the other end of things this could be the greatest troll job ever conceived here......

If I was a betting man...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

gee Plato in the story  said at the time of Atlantis was at  the time in Athens  

You forgot to irritate someone, since you forgot the image so loved around here. No not our jaybird image, since this is the image I mean. The one that upsets our plumed, scholarly bird. A moron, if there was one to be called as such, although he labels others with that term, moron.

map-of-gades.jpg

4 hours ago, atalante said:

cormac,

The concluding sentence of the paper says two intruding migrations have been discovered, as overlays to the original farming population.

" the discovery of at least two migration events into the Aegean in addition to the first farming dispersal before the Bronze Age, and of additional population change since that time, supports the view that the Greeks did not emerge fully formed from the depths of prehistory, but were, indeed, a people ‘ever in the process of becoming’ 30. "

Do you have any evidence, I mean good peer reviewed evidence tat there was an advanced civilization somewhere (anywhere really) near the coast of Spain? No? I k new that that actually. Please pack up your  b.s conjecture with your assorted snake oils and peddle that on some other site. You and a few others have been spinning your tires in your own bull***t. It's time to move on to a place where people might actually believe this rubbish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

That's a mental health issue you need to have addressed. Or you know your lying. 

and......

You seem to be the only one in the world who believes this and your too pathological to see nobody is biting, and how come your only "spreading it" here and not throughout the web?  Then you address Harte who you know has you on ignore. 

Then on the other end of things this could be the greatest troll job ever conceived here......

Hard choice! As I'm to choose between being mentally ill, or a great troller. Is there not a third choice for me? That I'm telling the truth, in my own awkward way?

But if I have only the two you're offering, can I at least have a small compromise on the first option?

If I'm to be made out mad, then it's divine madness that I'm afflicted with, and not with the typical human infirmity. And as Socrates stated, there are four types of divine madness, and of which one of them is prophetic. Therefore, if I'm to be made out with mental issues, then I'm am apparent mad prophet who is divinely inspired.

SOCRATES: And of madness there were two kinds; one produced by human
infirmity, the other was a divine release of the soul from the yoke of custom and
convention.

PHAEDRUS: True.
SOCRATES: The divine madness was subdivided into four kinds, prophetic,
initiatory, poetic, erotic, having four gods presiding over them; the first was the
inspiration of Apollo, the second that of Dionysus, the third that of the Muses,
the fourth that of Aphrodite and Eros.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR.  The islands are named as ERYTHEIA

What do to think connected the islands?

The Phoenicians' ships.

Harte

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

If I'm to be made out mad, then it's divine madness that I'm afflicted with, and not with the typical human infirmity. And as Socrates stated, there are four types of divine madness, and of which one of them is prophetic. Therefore, if I'm to be made out with mental issues, then I'm am apparent mad prophet who is divinely inspired.

Prophecy is madness or superstition according to Shorin-Tendai teachings.:lol:

It's true the U.S has lost it's Tienming (National Karma) but anybody can see the country is fraying at the seams. No nation lives forever. They all eventually fall. It's the circle of things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world, he gave the name which in the Hellenic language is Eumelus, in the language of the country which is named after him, Gadeirus

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world, he gave the name which in the Hellenic language is Eumelus, in the language of the country which is named after him, Gadeirus

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

Repeating yourself proves nothing, other than the fact that you will purposely ignore what Plato said in order to promote your own particular fantasy. 

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Repeating yourself proves nothing, other than the fact that you will purposely ignore what Plato said in order to promote your own particular fantasy. 

cormac

Now we're going to see this map for a month. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Now we're going to see this map for a month. :blink:

Or more. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Prophecy is madness or superstition according to Shorin-Tendai teachings.:lol:

It's true the U.S has lost it's Tienming (National Karma) but anybody can see the country is fraying at the seams. No nation lives forever. They all eventually fall. It's the circle of things.

So you are saying the US will one day 'fall'...  maybe into the sea?  So America might be destroyed in a gigantic flood just like Atlantis?  And this is 'the circle of things'?  Circles are ROUND.  Atlantis was ROUND.  Time might be ROUND for all I know.  So the same event might happen again and again?  So America might have been destroyed before, say 11 326 years 4 months ago yesterday?  Which would tie in exactly to the day with Pettytalk's Plato's Solon's image.png.19a5d155fc33a84f1d18573eac20f77a.png's (he's the Egyptian priest by the way) account of the destruction of America Atlantis!

Hoist by your own petard, eh Piney?  Give up, mate: America is, was and ever shall be Atlantis; a huge mythical land ruled by Poseidon that doesn't really exist.  And you are NOT a native American - you're a revolting, sweaty Essex boy in a pub in Croydon at eight in the morning, already drunk.

(Christ, it's SO easy to win arguments if all you do is talk b0ll0cks...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

(Christ, it's SO easy to win arguments if all you do is talk b0ll0cks...)

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

you're a revolting, sweaty Essex boy in a pub in Croydon at eight in the morning, already drunk.

My mum was actually born in Bradford and I use to chill with some SAS mates in Bronte Country. Which makes me half Yorkshire Hominid. :yes:

Not one of those wispy blond, crooked toothed, mushed mouth Southerners........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I guess to put it simple, Atlantis facing a small island country called Gades , Atlantis`s island  had to be in that area,  1500`sbc  and earth changes ,  not way way out in the  Atlantic ocean:)

A map of the site of ancient Gades compared with modern Cadiz, showing the earth changes that have taken place since ancient times.

Edited by docyabut2

12 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I guess to put it simple, Atlantis facing a small island country called Gades , Atlantis`s island  had to be in that area,  1500`sbc  and earth changes ,  not way way out in the  Atlantic ocean:)

A map of the site of ancient Gades compared with modern Cadiz, showing the earth changes that have taken place since ancient times.

Just stop it.

Same pics, same everything.... JUST NO STOP IT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked