Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

violent earthquakes and floods

23 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

All I can say is, go to that film( Atlantis Rising ) that Georgeos Díaz-Montexano shows to Simcha Jacobovici the ancient  map ,and points to a spot on the map. In seeing it shortly I saw he was pointing to the  Donana park area, and the map shows a shape of a island  there.    

I can `nt t post the film Atlantis Rising, I  tried  twice starting a thread but was booted. 

As kindly provided by Harte, your "ancient" map is a modern construct based upon a Byzantine (circa AD 395-1453) interpretation of the coordinates and information of Claudius Ptolemy (circa AD 100-170). Other late constructs are extant.

Given the verifiable dates involved, how do you reconcile these dates with the dates provided by Plato? To be more succinct, how could Claudius Ptolemy be aware of a landmass the subsided some 10,000 years prior to his existence?

Also, you may wish to take the time to translate the Montexano pdf. The interpretation of the utilized map lettering is highly questionable at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

As previously "revealed", the combination of late Pleistocene glacial wasting and active volcanism leaves little doubt that the current remnants of Atlantis are to be found in the Aleutian Island chain. Please do keep up with these brilliant discoveries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you get that merely quoting Plato at people is no form of argument, and hardly ever makes whatever point you’re trying to make clearer. You’re wasting everyone’s time telling us what we all already know you believe, despite the facts. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, docyabut2 said:

Look at the map in the movie  that was quickly showed.   

"That was quickly viewed", and then we are treated to a 'recreated" map.

Not arguing with you, you are clearly damaged and deluded.

And you never answered WHY this nonsense is so important to you. IMO, you are a sad individual, who blatantly ignores facts and rationality, to embrace your woo.

You have no scientific background, you cite irresponsible sources, and repeat over and over and over, the same sorry passages from Plato. This will be my last response to you, since you have no capacity for rational thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

Again more evidence of a island facing the country, which is now called the region of Gades

http://atlantisng.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/tartessos-mapa.pdf

33 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

You have no scientific background, you cite irresponsible sources, and repeat over and over and over, the same sorry passages from Plato. This will be my last response to you, since you have no capacity for rational thinking.

3 words

American Fundamentalist  Christian

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

3 words

While I agree with the sentiment, I fail to see how it relates to this persons adamant belief in a mythical island nation. :)

Although the parameters for both beliefs are very similar: a complete disregard for reality...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I fail to see how it relates to this persons adamant belief in a mythical island nation. :)

It's what this person is. 

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

Again more evidence of a island facing the country, which is now called the region of Gades

http://atlantisng.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/tartessos-mapa.pdf

Repeating the same inane things over and over again does not constitute "more." Unless you're referring to the time wasted creating or reading such posts.

--Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

3 words

She certainly is, but I remember her mention that she had suffered a stroke (post #2378) and she is also what you might call a senior citizen, having lost her husband aswell. So we are possibly looking at quite a few factors here to explain her behavior. 

Edit: The post I mentioned is in the Atlantis in the Sahara thread, not this one. Sometimes you get those Atlantis threads mixed up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

She certainly is, but I remember her mention that she had suffered a stroke (post #2378) and she is also what you might call a senior citizen, having lost her husband aswell. So we are possibly looking at quite a few factors here to explain her behavior. 

I know she's elderly. That's why I don't get greasy. :yes: 

.......now OVK on the other hand :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I know she's elderly. That's why I don't get greasy. :yes: 

.......now OVK on the other hand :devil:

I heard a lot a bout this guy, but he was before my time.

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

No he isn't. He's Roc Koch now. 

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

No he isn't. He's Roc Koch now. 

Luckily he doesn't post that much at the moment.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

So was tuberculosis, but I bet you won't go out and sniff some!

--Jaylemurph

• Thanks 1

It is interesting Georgeos Díaz-Montexano found a missing link.

A structure in Motilla Al Azure Spain- 1800bc

Looks like a Poseiden temple

It was also on a mountain that was described of the mountains surrounding Atlantis

Maybe there was a temple like that sank in the Donana park that was once a island

th?id=OIP.NvDUcsuGrUYwxv3GBEr9MQHaE8&pid

Iberia_Bronze.gif

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

This is a fascinating culture. It could possibly be connected to the Basque and Prehistoric Corsican culture one day if enough human remains are found with intact DNA.

You actually have me reading up on it now.

But they didn't have elephants and there is little sign of horses which means they didn't breed them or race them which makes it not Atlantis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

This is a fascinating culture. It could possibly be connected to the Basque and Prehistoric Corsican culture one day if enough human remains are found with intact DNA.

You actually have me reading up on it now.

But they didn't have elephants and there is little sign of horses which means they didn't breed them or race them which makes it not Atlantis.

Georgeos Díaz-Montexano was showing in a cave a picture of a chariot,  so there must have been horses,  and there might have been  pygmy elephants in southern Spain.

Georgeos Díaz-Montexano was showing in a cave a picture of a chariot, 

so there must have been horses, 

That looked Celto-Iberian to me. The Celts came later.

and there might have been  pygmy elephants in southern Spain.

The "might" part is still unproven. There are signs of them from a earlier period, but there was no sign of domestication later except when the Carthaginians used them and I think they were a different species.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

That looked Celto-Iberian to me. The Celts came later.

The "might" part is still unproven. There are signs of them from a earlier period, but there was no sign of domestication later except when the Carthaginians used them and I think they were a different species.. 

oh there are inscriptions of horses in that cave to, boats to ect,  wish I could post those pictures.

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

oh there are inscriptions of horses in that cave to, boats to ect,  wish I could post those pictures.

What's the name of the cave? I'll poke around. 

25 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Pity you can't post pictures that don't exist.

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

What's the name of the cave? I'll poke around. 

There are inscriptions on a stone in the museum  Badajoz,horses , a chariot ,  and there are boats in a cave in Campanario I  will try and find. 

badajoz-spain-november-21-2017-260nw-782074225.jpg

Edited by docyabut2

• The topic was locked