Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

Looks like this is the real Atlantis with all the evidences of the location.

220px-Gades.jpghttps://www.ancient.eu/Gades/

Plato

The war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them.

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

Edited by docyabut2

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

220px-Gades.jpg

Plato

The war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them.

To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades

And yet, on top of everything else it’s not, there is no evidence of any such war having occurred. 

cormac

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And yet, on top of everything else it’s not, there is no evidence of any such war having occurred. 

cormac

Georgeos Diaz  finds the war,

2016-10-06_23_46_53-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-SCIENTIFIC-SEARCH-FOR-ATLANTIS_pdf_-_Maxthon_Cloud_Browser__.jpg?1671140

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:27 AM, DieChecker said:

I thought it was a Disney Resort in the Caribbean?

It's also a man made island in Dubai, and it looks a helluva lot like the mythical Atlantis.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

And it's apparently smaller than "all of Libya and Asia combined".

Just saying...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

2016-10-06_23_46_53-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-SCIENTIFIC-SEARCH-FOR-ATLANTIS_pdf_-_Maxthon_Cloud_Browser__.jpg?1671140

Are there any actual photos of these 'artefacts', or are they all just sketches?

9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Just saying...

just saying it was extent then Libya and Asia combined and if it  was  measured by sea  the Spain`s side would go out furthered in the ocean  then the  Libya and Asia side

77BAC755-FD60-463B-83A3-AE9F38529CE7.jpeg.da09eeeff52a70cfd69d5007e7bd62c9.jpeg

Edited by docyabut2

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

just saying it was extent then Libya and Asia combined and if it  was  measured by sea  the Spain`s side would go out furthered in the ocean  then the  Libya and Asia side

Why do you try to scramble the description?

If I said "something was bigger than three football fields end to end", would you try to say that I was talking about the parking lots?

The texts state "greater than Libya and Asia combined", it does NOT say anything about measuring it by the sea.

And just to be super crystal clear, the Mediterranean sea is NOT bigger than Libya and Asia.

21 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Sure he does......:D

It’s amazing what one can find when one assumes the conclusion from the start. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Are there any actual photos of these 'artefacts', or are they all just sketches?

Can`t post anything or its deleted out :( or watch the Atlantis Rising movie at the end :)

@docyabut2

I may have missed it, but I don't think you ever answered my question as to why you are so needful to make this a real thing.

You do know what an allegory is, yes?

If you do, do you think that any of Aesop's Fables were recordings of actual events? Ya know, like foxes and cranes having lunch together and talking?

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why do you try to scramble the description?

If I said "something was bigger than three football fields end to end", would you try to say that I was talking about the parking lots?

The texts state "greater than Libya and Asia combined", it does NOT say anything about measuring it by the sea.

And just to be super crystal clear, the Mediterranean sea is NOT bigger than Libya and Asia.

ancients would measure by the  sea

Early concepts of the Old World continents[edit]

The term "continent" translates Greek ἤπειρος, properly "landmass, terra firma", the proper name of Epirus and later especially used of Asia (i.e. Asia Minor),[41] The first distinction between continents was made by ancient Greek mariners who gave the names Europe and Asia to the lands on either side of the waterways of the Aegean Sea, the Dardanelles strait, the Sea of Marmara, the Bosporus strait and the Black Sea.[42] The names were first applied just to lands near the coast and only later extended to include the hinterlands.[43] But the division was only carried through to the end of navigable waterways

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Can`t post anything or its deleted out :( or watch the Atlantis Rising movie at the end :)

No thanks, I don't need to subject myself to torture. 

Simple question, requiring a simple answer:

ARE there any actual photos of those artefacts you posted earlier.

Because hun, I can sketch, not only a 'stone' depicting the "war", I could bloody well lay out the city planning map of Atlantis if I chose to,

Or Shamballah. Or Valhalla. Or Wakanda if I was asked.

Also, your posts are getting deleted because they either violate the rules of the forum, or are redundant. Currently, there are 7 threads on Atlantis in this section, Two of them yours, which are locked.

As I mentioned to you previously, There is no need to start a new thread on the subject everytime you have a brain fart!

Sorry Mods, not trying to do your job. Just trying to point out the bloody obvious.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

220px-Gades.jpghttps://www.ancient.eu/Gades/

Plato

Except Cadiz isn't round, it doesn't have concentric circles of water, its way smaller than Asia and Libya (Cadiz is a whopping 12 km2), it didn't sink and it was founded by the Phoenicians more than 7000 years after Atlantis dissapeared ..... otherwise you are spot on. :whistle:

I guess this is another docyabut2 Atlantis of the week post. Thera, the Guadalquivir delta, Cadiz... what will it be next week ?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Except Cadiz isn't round, it doesn't have concentric circles of water, its way smaller than Asia and Libya (Cadiz is a whopping 12 km2), it didn't sink and it was founded by the Phoenicians more than 7000 years after Atlantis dissapeared ..... otherwise you are spot on. :whistle:

I guess this is another docyabut2 Atlantis of the week post. Thera, the Guadalquivir delta, Cadiz... what will it be next week ?

Australia?

Because, ya know, the Aborigines draw concentric circles too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Georgeos Diaz does believe the artifacts he finds are related to Atlantis.

Edited by atalante
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Just saying...

Archive 2349 of Atlantipedia says that Plato was pointing toward an Egyptian origin for the "Libya and Asia" statement.  (i.e. Egypt regarded "Libya/Libu as a small and weak territory.) 

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/archive-2349/

Edited by atalante

Why the **** would anyone listen to a source that is so clearly biased that it's called "Atlanpedia"? 

I'm not at all sure you're the real academic you've previously claimed to be.

--Jaylemurph  

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, atalante said:

Georgeos Diaz does believe the artifacts he finds are related to Atlantis.

Atalante , can you show the map Georgeos showed.

@docyabut2

I'm asking again, since you ignored my last question:

Are there any actual photographs of the real stones you posted?

47 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

@docyabut2

I'm asking again, since you ignored my last question:

Are there any actual photographs of the real stones you posted?

Atalante posted it.

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Atalante posted it.

Sweetie, the video does NOT show the three images you posted.

Once more,

ARE. THERE. PHOTOS. OF. THE. IMAGES. YOU. POSTED?

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sweetie, the video does NOT show the three images you posted.

Once more,

ARE. THERE. PHOTOS. OF. THE. IMAGES. YOU. POSTED?

jo go to the youtube movie Atlantis Rising.  I can`nt post it.  Go to the end where the team goes to Spain, and Georgeos  Diaz shows all his discoveries, that he showed us twenty some years ago. I m going back to the Tartessos theory. I really believe this was the best one for finding Atlantis,

I put that link where I got the three images,  but it was deleted to.    

Edited by docyabut2

On 2/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, jaylemurph said:

Why the **** would anyone listen to a source that is so clearly biased that it's called "Atlanpedia"? 

I'm not at all sure you're the real academic you've previously claimed to be.

--Jaylemurph  

Jaylemurph,

Archive 2349 identifies an Egyptianizing detail for part of Plato's Atlantis story, together with an explanation of "why" an Egyptian origin is to be expected for this detail. 

Perhaps you can provide a more appropriate source.   Why did Plato compare "Libya and Asia combined" to Atlantis, in a story that was "strange but true"?

By the way, you sometimes complain that my spelling is not perfect in my posts; but here, yours is not perfect either.  Look at your Atlanpedia (sic).

Edited by atalante

• The topic was locked