Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

Van Gorp

5 hours ago, atalante said:

Jaylemurph,

Archive 2349 identifies an Egyptianizing detail for part of Plato's Atlantis story, together with an explanation of "why" an Egyptian origin is to be expected for this detail. 

Perhaps you can provide a more appropriate source.   Why did Plato compare "Libya and Asia combined" to Atlantis, in a story that was "strange but true"?

By the way, you sometimes complain that my spelling is not perfect in my posts; but here, yours is not perfect either.  Look at your Atlanpedia (sic).

I provide a more appropriate source each time I visit the rest room.

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, atalante said:

Georgeos Diaz does believe the artifacts he finds are related to Atlantis.

The map I`m looking for is the map he showed of a island in the Donana  Park .

Critias's description of Atlantis's Great Plain - in regard to both size and orientation - fits the combined watersheds of the Guadalquivir and Segura rivers in southeast Spain. 

This location was sheltered from "northern blasts".  By definition of "watersheds", they carried runoff water from higher ground (and high ground blocked winds somewhat).  In the following watershed map, the Guadalquivir has pale orange color; and the Segura has pink color.  The dark gray coastal watershed in the map was also part of Critias's Great Plain. 

These three watersheds, when combined, have approximately the area that Critias stated for the Great Plain of Atlantis.  They have approximately 3000 stades of frontage on the Mediterranean Sea; and they extend approximately 2000 stades inland from the Mediterranean Sea.  They include the region around Cadiz bay (and the Donana Park), which Critias said was supervised by Eumelus/Gadeirus,  And they have some shoreline both inside and outside the strait of Gibralter.

http://www.iberianature.com/material/photos/CUENCAHI.jpg

WATERSHEDS IN SPAIN

thumbnail?appId=aolloki&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
Edited by atalante

I have described the city and the environs of the ancient palace nearly in the words of Solon, and now I must endeavour to represent the nature and arrangement of the rest of the land. The whole country was said by him to be very lofty and precipitous on the side of the sea, but the country immediately about and surrounding the city was a level plain, itself surrounded by mountains which descended towards the sea; it was smooth and even, and of an oblong shape, extending in one direction three thousand stadia, but across the centre inland it was two thousand stadia. This part of the island looked towards the south, and was sheltered from the north. The surrounding mountains were celebrated for their number and size and beauty, far beyond any which still exist, having in them also many wealthy villages of country folk, and rivers, and lakes, and meadows supplying food enough for every animal, wild or tame, and much wood of various sorts, abundant for each and every kind of work.
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

The surrounding mountains?

rivers-sized1.png

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Maybe you could up your game and pay attention to which thread you’re posting?

Nobody needs or wants to see this dreck twice over. Haven’t you had threads closed for just this kind of negligence?

—Jaylemurph 

A 300 page book by Georgeos Montexano discusses, among other things, a group of ancient Egyptian documents about a legendary far-western region.  A 45 page preview is available online.  The summary index is on pages 8-12 of this preview.   The date range for his Egyptian documents is the time when Georgeos expects Atlantis was active.  

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=Xp7VDQAAQBAJ&hl=en_US&pg=GBS.PT13.w.15.0.0

• Thanks 1

I so convinced it was the Donana park.and the main points of Atlantis

Pass the pillars of Hercules

Facing the country of Gades

The country surrounded by mountains

Sunken  in mud

I believe the temple of Poseidon was sunken in mud is why we can`nt ever find it

Image: Atlantis rings

Edited by docyabut2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Image: Atlantis rings

Its a photoshopped image of the Guadalquivir delta. I believe I have allready told you that quite a few times. Yet for some unfathomable reason you keep posting it as if it was real. :no: 

Edit: We badly need a moderator to stop stuff like this.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its a photoshopped image of the Guadalquivir delta. I believe I have allready told you that quite a few times. Yet for some unfathomable reason you keep posting it as if it was real. :no: 

Edit: We badly need a moderator to stop stuff like this.

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island

50 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its a photoshopped image of the Guadalquivir delta.

Obviously photoshopped by Plato, in order to hide the real location of Atlantis.

Wasn't it Solon who said: "Don't trust everything you see on the internet"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Obviously photoshopped by Plato, in order to hide the real location of Atlantis.

Of course !

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Wasn't it Solon who said: "Don't trust everything you see on the internet"

No it was Caesar. You know the guy who invented salad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26fca70d71a86081ecfb2fe8432bc947.jpg

Lost city of Atlantis believed found off Spain

-led research team may have finally located the lost city of Atlantis, the legendary metropolis believed swamped by a tsunami thousands of years ago, in mud flats in southern Spain.

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island

Geez. Make some sort of /point/.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Geez. Make some sort of /point/.

--Jaylemurph

there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

Georgeos Diaz does show the map to Simcha Jacobovici' a island in the Donana  Park.

Edited by docyabut2

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

Georgeos Diaz does show the map to Simcha Jacobovici' a island in the Donana  Park.

Again go to the film( Atlantis Rising ). At the end  Georgeos Diaz  is showing  Simcha Jacobovici  a map.  It real quick, but you will see the map.   

On 3/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, docyabut2 said:

It is likely that a tsunami struck the region from Huelva to Cadiz bay ca. 1600 BC.

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=Xp7VDQAAQBAJ&hl=en_US&pg=GBS.PT39

Tsunamis leave deposits.  If a tsunami destroys a city, the deposits would be expected to contain considerable amounts of human detritus from said city.  Tsunamis that have hit coastal regions around the Gulf of Cadiz have left deposits.   These comprise entirely of sand, shells, boulders and pebbles.   But no human artifacts. 

See, for example, http://cdn.intechweb.org/pdfs/13085.pdf  and http://www.academia.edu/3128641/Evidence_of_high-energy_events_in_the_geological_record_Mid-holocene_evolution_of_the_southwestern_Doñana_National_Park_SW_Spain_

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, atalante said:

It is likely that a tsunami struck the region from Huelva to Cadiz bay ca. 1600 BC.

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=Xp7VDQAAQBAJ&hl=en_US&pg=GBS.PT39

I would say a little earlier as "present day" is 1950.   So 4100 to 3700 BP (as documented here ) would be 2,150 to 1,750 BC.

• Like 4

Wish I could show a picture of the map,  its looks like a island with water all round it.

Also didn't they show a stone structure under the mud? 

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

MV5BNDg0YjYxMDItZWJlOC00YTdiLWIwNjEtNTUzYWNhYWRmMzlkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk0NjkyODA@._V1_.jpg

There /are/ no extant ancient maps, just reconstructions. 

...you’ve given this charlatan money, haven’t you?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

All I can say is that the map doesn't look very old, does it?

Also, Simcha Jacobovici  - wasn't he the guy that went forward with his "Exodus Decoded" crockumentary even after finding out that the entire basis of his claim - the dates for the eruption of Thera - had been previously shown to be in error (too late)?

Yeah. Nothing worth any consideration if that guy's in the picture.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Harte said:

crockumentary

Consider than "stolen". :yes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

All I can say is that the map doesn't look very old, does it?

Also, Simcha Jacobovici  - wasn't he the guy that went forward with his "Exodus Decoded" crockumentary even after finding out that the entire basis of his claim - the dates for the eruption of Thera - had been previously shown to be in error (too late)?

Yeah. Nothing worth any consideration if that guy's in the picture.

Harte

Its a copy of the ancient map .

• The topic was locked