Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The books of the Bible

docyabut2

Let's not forget, the most important one of all:  A weapon of mass destruction.

13 hours ago, GoldenWolf said:

Turn the other cheek to evil, hate your family, deny yourself life, suffer, sacrifice your life for someone who calls himself your savior, pray for the end of the world, worship god.

New testament = Evil

"The one who has knowledge is a free person. But the free person does not sin, for the one who sins is a slave of sin "

(Gospel of Philip 77:15-18).

If anyone would just read about Marduk slaying Tiamat and spreading her entrails too create the cosmos, you'd get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2018 at 3:09 AM, and then said:

Jesus came to give the gospel to HIS people at that time.  Paul was anointed by Christ to carry that message to the Gentiles.  When Jesus returns, His first mission will be to physically save His people from their enemies, then to rule over the whole world.

Paul anointed by Jesus?  I don't believe Paul ever met Jesus.  Paul's only knowledge of Jesus came through a hallucination.

Actually, I don' think it was a hallucination.  At that time, there was a great deal of prestige in Christian circles for people who had a message from Jesus.  If you didn't have a real-life encounter with Jesus, you made one up.

For that matter, Paul's existence is doubtful.  He seems a very strong likeness of Apollonius of Tyana, aka "Pol."  While Apollonius was born in Tyana, his family moved to Tarsus when he was a child - "Pol of Tarsus?"  Appolonius' journeys are the same as Paul's, except in reverse order.  And "Pol" had a disciple named Damus - Thomas - who went to India.

The coincidences just keep piling up.

Doug

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 11:23 PM, DebDandelion said:

A) the bible has been translated so many times that the message stays the same (and relevant) but the sentence construction, translations etc became the translators perception and understanding

B )  understanding Jesus is not what the bible says. That's HIS history, HIS experiences, observations people had while He was here. Understanding Jesus comes from experiencing HIM

C) when I picture the bible being translated I always see people looking at each other asking how to best translate this word since it can be translated differently for some. So they chose the best word they thought would fit into the sentence, and there lies my challenge. 

D) again, the Bible is a mere starting point. The true knowledge comes from a personal journey

I began at the same place, but wound up in a vastly different one.  I guess you get out what you put in.  If you read the Bible with hate in your heart, you will become a hateful person; with love, you become a loving person; if you deceive yourself, you will deceive others.  The Bible becomes a mirror of ourselves and even at that, it is warped and often obscured by the accumulated grime of millenia.  Caution is in order.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

Paul anointed by Jesus?  I don't believe Paul ever met Jesus.  Paul's only knowledge of Jesus came through a hallucination.

Actually, I don' think it was a hallucination.  At that time, there was a great deal of prestige in Christian circles for people who had a message from Jesus.  If you didn't have a real-life encounter with Jesus, you made one up.

For that matter, Paul's existence is doubtful.  He seems a very strong likeness of Apollonius of Tyana, aka "Pol."  While Apollonius was born in Tyana, his family moved to Tarsus when he was a child - "Pol of Tarsus?"  Appolonius' journeys are the same as Paul's, except in reverse order.  And "Pol" had a disciple named Damus - Thomas - who went to India.

The coincidences just keep piling up.

Doug

I was about to explain the use of the word in the context but after reading the rest of your statement I didn't see any point.  Of course, he wasn't physically anointed.  As to his mission or his existence, believe what you will.  As will I.  Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

I began at the same place, but wound up in a vastly different one.  I guess you get out what you put in.  If you read the Bible with hate in your heart, you will become a hateful person; with love, you become a loving person; if you deceive yourself, you will deceive others.  The Bible becomes a mirror of ourselves and even at that, it is warped and often obscured by the accumulated grime of millenia.  Caution is in order.

Doug

Respect that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I was about to explain the use of the word in the context but after reading the rest of your statement I didn't see any point.  Of course, he wasn't physically anointed.  As to his mission or his existence, believe what you will.  As will I.  Have a nice day.

The events that created the Christian religion are so shrouded in time and "explanations" by both promoters and detractors that they are no longer recoverable in any meaningful way.  For the most part, there is no way to know what happened.  We have no choice but to leave it at that.

Doug

On 11/20/2018 at 1:23 AM, Clockwork_Spirit said:

"The one who has knowledge is a free person. But the free person does not sin, for the one who sins is a slave of sin "

(Gospel of Philip 77:15-18).

If only you realized that it's regurgitated Hellenistic philosophy.