Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon oppression? Spirit of the dead? Shadow?

violetraven7

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Likewise.

You should have made that clear from the outset, instead of ending your story with a general "What do you all think?"

And since you've asked:

I'm aware of one person who's had an experience somewhat similar to yours. A former classmate who was sexually assaulted as a young child. She created an entity that eventually became quite real to her. A warrior. But not just any warrior, a dark one. He made her feel safe and protected. Over time she developed a crush on him believing they were intended to be together forever. I don't know if it ever got to the sexual stage, but do know that therapy helped her understand why she brought him into existence.

Trauma, whatever its nature, can do strange things to people.

Your talk about sex, rape and dark entities entering the room of a small child was, quite frankly, disconcerting. I am in no position to analyse your situation,. Indeed no one here is. I also don't want to jump to any conclusions or make stab in the dark assumptions. But given everything you've written, I will offer this bit of unsolicited advice: please seek professional medical assistance because where you're at now is not a good and healthy place to be.

I wish you all the best.

Read my mind.

• Like 1

I'm not angry that you're saying to seek professional help. I'm angry at how is feels like an assumption. It feels like you all fear this situation more than I do. 

I actually did ask specific questions. I was speaking to people who share link minded ideas. 

It just feels like you all are too dependent on that genre of seeking help. There are more than one way to seek help for this. Not mainstream therapy is what's best for everyone. 

I didn't even tell you all everything. I mean why don't you all ask me questions to have a better understanding of my situation before you say professional help is the answer. 

Thats fine if that's something you all truly feel is the answer. But I'm not looking for an answer. I was looking for opinions on the nature of the being. And for it to be expressed with a bit more humility. 

I can already say that the details of my story have been misconstrued. My first experience of this entity was when I was 5 years old. At my purist. Nothing traumatic had happened yet. 

I knew him for literally 10 years before the spirit sexual experience happened. This sort of thing isn't unheard of in the Occult world. Its not that alarming.  I'm not saying it can't be dangerous. But again pay attention to the details. Its happened once and it wasn't aggressive. I've heard of these situations being far worse for some and it lasted for yesrs. It literally happened once for me and it wasn't entirely disturbing. 

I understand if this raising alarms in the mind of a skeptic. I get it. But also know that these things and other things have been happening for many many years. And every event with each person doesn't define every other time. 

The human doesn't need to be told shes 100% crazy and should seek help from therapists when things like this are happening. 

Ive helped others that have dealt with spiritual warfare for a long time. And depending on the situation, it can be healed with Shamanistic Healing by working directly with the spirits. Basically an older and more in depth excorcism can be all that's needed. Or sometimes a direct communication connection with spirits that are haunting are sometimes the only thing that needs to happen in order to jumpstart a cleansing. 

Every situation is different. Im knowledgeable in the Occult. And i dont mean New Age. I'm very eclectic so to assume my path is silly. 

I just think that my own judgement is neing underestimated. I'm fully aware of all that you all have stated. I wanted to know what type of spirit would have connection to certain things I mentioned. 

The rape (with the female) I experienced the first time 7 years aftet i met the entity. And he wasn't presrnt when it happened. It went on for years. Then her husband, 10 years later raped me, again the entity wasnt there. 

The entity comes and goes. He would usually tell me what he thought was best for me. He would warn me of people. He would take over and defend me. But he never has claimed to be anyone in particular nor has he claimed to be benevolant or malevolant. Our conversations we're about my relationships and were rarely negative towards people. Not in the way most would expect. 

The entity has sense of humor, on the dry side. He doesn't volunteer information, he isn't flamboyant in  way that demons can be. Hes ndver harmed me physically. Doesn't whisper negative ideas to me. 

And when there is possession he attempts to manipulate the situation with respect and with no violence nor arguments. 

I was simply asking if some of these things could be connected or not. Along with what type of spirit he could be. My actual issues haven't been made known as a connection to him. 

I see my own issues as separate mostly. And im fully aware of why i have them. The issues that are of a mundane issue. 

I  asked if you all thought he could be connected to thr other stuff since if you look. Hw seems he isn't. Instead he seems to be showing me emotional Management and how to
Gain control over my situstion.

Anyways I appreciate the time youve spent. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, violetraven7 said:

I'm not angry that you're saying to seek professional help. I'm angry at how is feels like an assumption. It feels like you all fear this situation more than I do. 

No assumptions really, but yes, I personally do fear the situation more than you seem to.

But no judgement, only concern. And as I mentioned earlier, I really do wish you well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, violetraven7 said:

Every situation is different. Im knowledgeable in the Occult. And i dont mean New Age. I'm very eclectic so to assume my path is silly. 

You never answered my question about shamanistic psychology, I'm honestly curious. 

To be well read is one thing. To actually have a Society, House and be multi-generational and trained since youth is something else. Very few seekers become real spirit workers on their own. 

Your entity sounds like a Djab. But I never heard of one attaching itself to a random person. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

You never answered my question about shamanistic psychology, I'm honestly curious. 

To be well read is one thing. To actually have a Society, House and be multi-generational and trained since youth is something else. Very few seekers become real spirit workers on their own. 

Your entity sounds like a Djab. But I never heard of one attaching itself to a random person. 

You can handle this Piney. I'm bowing out. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You can handle this Piney. I'm bowing out. 

Before you go. What is the proper term for a personal thought form again? Djab is the Vodou term. I want the generalized one.

Just now, Piney said:

Before you go. What is the proper term for a personal thought form again? Djab is the Vodou term. I want the generalized one.

Off the top of my head, a mental construct. I can't say a servitor based on the description because that would be an intentional creation. Plus servitors are for a single function. A familiar might work, but has more to do with a bound spirit. My favorite is imaginary friend with benefits.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Off the top of my head, a mental construct. I can't say a servitor based on the description because that would be an intentional creation. Plus servitors are for a single function. A familiar might work, but has more to do with a bound spirit. My favorite is imaginary friend with benefits.

Oh, A servitor was what I was thinking. But you just explained the difference. "Guardian Spirit" is so abused and misconstrued, I don't like using that one. People always connect that with animals. 

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Oh, A servitor was what I was thinking. But you just explained the difference. "Guardian Spirit" is so abused and misconstrued, I don't like using that one. People always connect that with animals. 

What happens a lot of times is people accidentally create these thoughtforms/constructs as a psychological protective mechanism. Think of a guardian angel. However like the tulpa they are, they eventual go rogue and become feedback loop from hell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

guardian angel.

I hate that term.

However like the tulpa they are, they eventual go rogue and become feedback loop from hell. 

That's why Djab fits.  They are "mercenary" and can turn in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I hate that term.

I'll admit ignorance concerning voodoo. Never had an interest in it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What happens a lot of times is people accidentally create these thoughtforms/constructs as a psychological protective mechanism. Think of a guardian angel. However like the tulpa they are, they eventual go rogue and become feedback loop from hell. 

Isn't tulpamancy a way of creating a form of dissociative identity disorder? I understand the differences between the two, but the end result in some instances is similar, whereby the brain supports more than one sense of self.

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't know much about Djabs other than they are believed to be spirits who attach themselves to an individual (and that sometimes the same Djab will attach themselves to generations of individuals within the same family). They are also sometimes described as bête noirs, which is why perhaps you refer to them as mercenary. But they are not deemed to be mental constructs, or are they?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Isn't tulpamancy a way of creating a form of dissociative identity disorder? I understand the differences between the two, but the end result in some instances is similar, whereby the brain supports more than one sense of self.

From what I can tell, tulpamancy is like an imaginary friend on steroids. But I do think that it could be similar. If said tulpamancer were to start having bouts of missing time, then that might be a cause for concern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I don't know much about Djabs other than they are believed to be spirits who attach themselves to an individual (and that sometimes the same Djab will attach themselves to generations of individuals within the same family). They are also sometimes described as bête noirs, which is why perhaps you refer to them as mercenary. But they are not deemed to be mental constructs, or are they?

They are multi-generational helper spirits for Vodou families and Houses.  "The Quick Ones"  who can help or hurt ( which is what I mean by "mercenary") but they can be mental constructs that are passed on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From what I can tell, tulpamancy is like an imaginary friend on steroids. But I do think that it could be similar. If said tulpamancer were to start having bouts of missing time, then that might be a cause for concern.

An imaginary friend or also possibly another (perhaps more desirable) version of one's self. But an imaginary friend on steroids is a good way to describe it. A sentient being taking up prime real estate in one's head.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

They are multi-generational helper spirits for Vodou families and Houses.  "The Quick Ones"  who can help or hurt ( which is what I mean by "mercenary") but they can be mental constructs that are passed on. 

Like a belief system whereby it's passed from one generation to the next.

And are there stories of such spirits engaging in sexual relations with whomever they're attached to?

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

An imaginary friend or also possibly another (perhaps more desirable) version of one's self. But an imaginary friend on steroids is a good way to describe it. A sentient being taking up prime real estate in one's head.

A sentient being that the individual created. That's what separates a tulpa from a servitor. A servitor has no other 'programming' that what it's purpose it. It's a next level sigil. A tulpa has a personality, appearance, emotions. It can embody as you put it, the most desired version of oneself. They can also reflect the darker aspects. Violence, hatred, uncontrolled lust. The problem is this acts like a 'shadow' impulse. The individual might find they fly into a rage with little effort or get some strange 'cravings', because that tulpa is like a repressed emotions. And those always explode at some point.

• Like 3

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

And are there stories of such spirits engaging in sexual relations with whomever they're attached to?

No, although some Mambas will allow themselves to be posessed. Sex with a spirit is a big no-no. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, although some Mambas will allow themselves to be posessed. Sex with a spirit is a big no-no. 

Everyone has dirty thoughts. Best to never get carried away by them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone were to create a fantasy lover. They will never find them in real life, no one will ever meet their expectations. Because their expectations are exaggerated.

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If someone were to create a fantasy lover. They will never find them in real life, no one will ever meet their expectations. Because their expectations are exaggerated.

Or why create a fantasy lover when you have one in real life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Or why create a fantasy lover when you have one in real life.

Because people want what they can't have.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Because people want what they can't have.

Or what they need, or think they need. My best guess is that in some instances they get so caught up in their 'creation' that they start to develop emotional attachments that sometimes lead to sexual attraction.

• Thanks 1