Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jon Benet Ramsey.

Newfrance

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Regi said:

I'm talking about what I think Foreman may have or could have been referring to, that according to the Ramsey's, they'd "answered police questions" over that time period.

There is really nothing more I can say because here you've just began reaching for it any way possible.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, Vincennes said:

There is really nothing more I can say because here you've just began reaching for it any way possible. 

Following that info is info. regarding other circumstances which occurred during that same time frame, that is, before the family left Boulder for the funeral in Georgia.

2 hours ago, Regi said:

Following that info is info. regarding other circumstances which occurred during that same time frame, that is, before the family left Boulder for the funeral in Georgia.

Well you know all the flap there was about LE with holding the body from the family as "hostage" because they were trying to get an interview with the family.  So that should show you ….. there was no interview before the funeral !

4 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Well you know all the flap there was about LE with holding the body from the family as "hostage" because they were trying to get an interview with the family.  So that should show you ….. there was no interview before the funeral !

(Btw, do you know whose idea it was to not release the body?)

I know that detectives eventually asked the Ramsey's to "interview" at the police station and that that didn't happen, but I also know that up until then, those same detectives had continued to have contact w/the Ramsey's, and so I think Foreman could have been referring to questioning which occurred during that time frame.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, Vincennes said:

Well, since we've been arguing over this for years now perhaps I could interest you in a deal.  I'll read Douglas book on JB if you'll read Thomas.  Actually, we'd probably both learn a bit from the other standpoint.  (This is, of course, based on if we can find copies at the library or other reasonably priced source )  I'll start looking tomorrow if you're willing.)  

That is interesting.  I had NO idea that it has already been used so often !  However, my concern is that last line.  

"Civil libertarians have said the use of websites such as GEDmatch by law enforcement raises legal and privacy concerns"

Seems to me if the Libertarians have concerns, it's only a matter of time until the ACLU challenges it's use and starts appealing convictions and things always seem to go in favor of the criminal rather than the victim.  

Honestly, if you submit your DNA to any website for researching anything, you need to be prepared for ramifications regardless of the terms of use.  When deciding to submit my “spit” for an ancestry test, I know full well that there is a potential probability that such DNA may be shared with others.  While I understand that terms of use should be followed, I do not think that anyone today expects the, to be.  I believe that it is even possible that my results could potentially lead to solving other crimes via familial DNA.  I have an entire side of my lineage I know nothing about.

To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that dna is being pulled from babies at birth and put in a system.  I don’t think this, but it wouldn’t shock me.  Data mining is a lucrative business.  And some businesses can be particularly sneaky.

Tip of the day....don’t submit your DNA for any form of testing unless you are willing to accept potential breaches of your privacy.

• 2 weeks later...

There is going to be new Jon Benet Ramsey Documentary on April 11th....................Doe anyone know the content................If so pleas post....................From the trialer it looks like they are going to explore that it might have been a real kidnapping..................................

• The title was changed to Jon Benet Ramsey doc.

Last nite's show was interesting but it appeared to chase exotic leads that seem to lack substance............Can they take the DNA from that case and do what they did with the Golden State killer case.................If so why is  that not being pursued?   Anyone know?  pls post .....................