Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ivanka Trump used personal email account

Kittens Are Jerks

3 hours ago, joc said:

And on the other hand...the alligators in the swamp do play an important role in the ecology of the swamp.  So does the mosquito and the boa constrictor.  The problem is...we don't live in the swamp.  We work hard to create a better world for our children and when we encounter alligators and mosquitoes we remove them.  Hence...drain the swamp.   It is a well known fact that, in reality, Washington is a sewer of self-serving politicians who have set up a gravy train for themselves at the expense of the tax payer.  It is a seething cesspool of lobbyists, journalists, arms dealers, and good ole boys.  Be ye Democrat or be ye Republican...no difference in the game.

The Swamp seeks to divide us at every aspect of life.  Rich vs poor. Gay vs straight.  Minority vs majority.  Democrat vs Republican. Liberal vs Conservative.   The end game is...keep the Gravy flowing boys!   Long live the gravy machine!  

Specious analogies make for fine campaign slogans, but are not representative of reality. Politicians and bureaucrats are a necessary evil, with dirty jobs someone has to do. The political ecosystem must be managed and regulated, not decimated and depopulated. There have always been bad apples in the barrel of bureaucracy--we'll never be completely rid of all of them. So, instead, we yoke and harness them and put them to work. It has always been thus. We must promote dialogue and discourse, not persecution and reprisal.  All extremism does is promote divisiveness and resentment. Hate is a foundation of sand on which nothing built endures. Swamps, properly managed, are beautiful places and the only evil therein is that which we take with us.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, Tatetopa said:

Well, I have some money yes that's true, and desirable to many.  I am not pivotal to the function of the US or the world.  Somebody may get pi**ed at me and kill me, or a random shooter might take me out, but I don't have a position that makes me valuable either to preserve or take out.  I will take your advice about personal encryption, thanks.

And that is why the President is far more protected than you.  His security detail is very capable of defending him from low level threats as might be gleamed from emails Ivanka uses to coordinate itineraries.  It’s no different than what she had done prior to Donald becoming President.  The secret Service had fits when Obama wanted to use his personal phone.  Nobody in the press made any kind of deal over that.  It was a big deal in the security side of the house.  It caused all sorts of havoc at work.  Beforehand, people couldn’t bring phones in.

If you think the threat is trivial, OK.  I think we are living in some hair trigger times.  If anything happens to the President or his family from any source, violence will ensue before any investigation is even begun.  Rational people don't want that.

I guess you are not “getting it”.  Ivanka’s emails are so low threat that they are not part of the equation when it comes to sniffing out real threats on the President.  If the President’s itinerary needs to be secret, he’ll go dark.  Fake itineraries may even be posted.

Again, there are people involved with the President’s itinerary that don’t have a clearance but require the information.  There are websites that you can watch real-time info on where every commercial airliner is.  I would say that could produce a more serious threat to the nation then the President’s itinerary.  The bottom line is that this is just more noise spread by the MSM and the Progs.  Why waste a good manufactured crisis?  They still think that the majority of Americans are ignorant.

• Thanks 1

Honestly the biggest crime Ivanka (and the Trump familiy) did was stupidity.  It's like they are trying to copy every misdeed that the Clintons did in some form or fashion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Fully in control by either group is a folly best avoided. The ideologies of the Far Left and the Far Right are a sickness and blight on the body politic. Oscillating, wildly, between those two extremes is a recipe for disaster. For this country and it's style of government and democracy to survive, we must forge the middle road anew. I see good and bad in both sides and choose to exalt the good and commonality of our essential humanity. Politicians and their obsession with ideologies have their single hour upon the stage, but the people endure and it is in them I put my trust and hope for the future. We ARE America, Democrats and Republicans, Blacks and Whites and all shades of color between. We are all the future, not just one sect, division or ideology. We are fellow countrymen, we are family and what ever our differences, that is the one thing we must hold on to with all our strength and will and spirit. That is what makes us unique. That is what makes us, Americans.

Man, you are preaching to the choir.  I do not dispute a single word you have written.  The above is a prescription for returning sanity and soundness to our country.  That said, how, exactly, do people of goodwill who want to bring the nation back to a sane course convince the media to stop dividing us with propaganda, or do you not believe their actions are coordinated and purposeful?  When I first came to UM nearly 7 years ago, I thought those who regularly spoke of globalist cabals were nuts.  I just couldn't believe such a thing was possible in America.  I tend to be fair-minded when trying to evaluate the actions of others and to try my best to give them the benefit of a doubt when I disagree but the media treatment of Trump prior to the election and then the close coordination and all-out assault on him since the election have proven beyond any doubt that the modern Progressive movement is not interested in America's health and prosperity.  It is interested in dividing and conquering us.  That is not hyperbole, it is a simple, quantifiable observation of their actions.  If our nation falls into chaos and violence at some point, it will be the media that has engineered it.  FTR, I have always understood the need to compromise and that without it we cannot keep the country strong but the modern Left no longer compromise on any of their values.  They simply demand surrender.  We've reached the point now where the old adage of "live and let live" is unacceptable to them.   They DEMAND that their views are accepted and promulgated and dissenters are punished.  That isn't America.  

Your definition of what Americans are is exactly what I grew up being taught in south Alabama in the 60s.  I fully believed and still believe it is true.  The disconnect comes when we see waves of people coming into the country without permission and with the expectation that the rest of us will pay their way and allow them to transplant their culture here in lieu of our own.  The melting pot has become an a la carte offering and many, if not most of these new people don't even have a desire to be citizens.  No one can close their eyes to that reality if they want America to survive.  If sanity doesn't return, the only thing left of America in 50 years will be the name.  

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Specious analogies make for fine campaign slogans, but are not representative of reality. Politicians and bureaucrats are a necessary evil, with dirty jobs someone has to do. The political ecosystem must be managed and regulated, not decimated and depopulated. There have always been bad apples in the barrel of bureaucracy--we'll never be completely rid of all of them. So, instead, we yoke and harness them and put them to work. It has always been thus. We must promote dialogue and discourse, not persecution and reprisal.  All extremism does is promote divisiveness and resentment. Hate is a foundation of sand on which nothing built endures. Swamps, properly managed, are beautiful places and the only evil therein is that which we take with us.

Dirty jobs someone. has to do...

...uh...

That would be cleaning  the toilet.

Platitudes are what campaigns are made of. Real politics  is all about who you know, who you blow, who has your back, who's back needs scratched.

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I guess you are not “getting it”.  Ivanka’s emails are so low threat that they are not part of the equation when it comes to sniffing out real threats on the President. 

Maybe I am not getting it RavenHawk.  I don't think the threats are directly at the President, however it would be tragic and consequential if something happened to his family or a cabinet secretary's family.   But you are the expert.  I am not going to manufacture a crisis.  I said my piece.  If my concerns are groundless, I will defer to you.  I have my own life to worry about.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:22 PM, RoofGardener said:

Remind me again.. which official elected or appointed government office does she occupy ? 

She has a top secret security clearance and her official title is adviser to the president.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Dirty jobs someone. has to do...

...uh...

That would be cleaning  the toilet.

Platitudes are what campaigns are made of. Real politics  is all about who you know, who you blow, who has your back, who's back needs scratched.

Sounds real nasty, having to know what to kiss and when, seems to fit the definition of dirty job. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sounds real nasty, having to know what to kiss and when, seems to fit the definition of dirty job. 

Well, I am glad to see that we are in agreement.  B)

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

She has a top secret security clearance and her official title is adviser to the president.

Perhaps. But she is neither an elected representative, or a federal employee ? 

I'll admit.. the security clearance IS worrying. 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Her job as Assistant to the President is as a Federal employee: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/29/521963433/ivanka-trump-to-be-an-official-white-house-employee-covered-by-ethics-rules

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

What Tiggs said :D

I am curious (and google didnt provide a conveniently quick answer) how normal it is to have unpaid advisors with access to top secret information. That just seems like a whole ton of problems waiting to happen. Just generally, take the Trumps out of the equation if you like.

4 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Ooooh right.. thanks for that Tiggs. 

I didn't realise that a member of the Presidents staff was a federal employee ? 

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Ooooh right.. thanks for that Tiggs. 

I didn't realise that a member of the Presidents staff was a federal employee ? 

As far as I'm aware -- normal situation is for the Government to pay for their salary.

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

What Tiggs said :D

I am curious (and google didnt provide a conveniently quick answer) how normal it is to have unpaid advisors with access to top secret information. That just seems like a whole ton of problems waiting to happen. Just generally, take the Trumps out of the equation if you like.

Well, the whole host of problems related to the form of corruption known as "Nepotism" was brought up but dismissed by Trump's ardent supporters.  This particular issue is just one of them coming to light.

• Like 2

Good ol'wholesome family value fun ...

~

[00.01:24]

~