Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odds of Human Evolution

StarMountainKid

What are the real odds of a species capable of developing technology on an extra-terrestrial planet?

If we take our human species as an example, my question is, what percent of change in geological, climate, ecological parameters in the history of the Earth would have precluded the evolution of humans?

Would just a few percentage points of difference have prevented humans from having evolved? In other words, did all the parameters determining our evolution have to have been randomly finely tuned for our evolution?

How much deviation from Earth's history could be changed and still allow for our evolution to our present state?

• Like 1

I believe complex life is best explained by intelligence and intent in the mix. How do you put a number on it?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

Would just a few percentage points of difference have prevented humans from having evolved? In other words, did all the parameters determining our evolution have to have been randomly finely tuned for our evolution?

It is impossible to prevent development because from the moment of the big bang there was already a plan for the development of the universe at different levels. A person can influence the nature and quality of his life but he cannot influence the great plans for creating and forming the planets of the solar system because the planetary gods are in charge but we can slow down our evolution but do not cancel it.
So gods, avatars, angels,natural forces are engaged in the evolution and development of the races and  animal species. It is said that so much power is invested in the creation of a grasshopper as well as in the creation of civilization but we don’t see this hard work for us there is a struggle of species, survival, adaptation but this is all the surface that we observe.

Glory to the gods and all the powers because without them a man would have long fallen into the power of the devil!

• Thanks 2

These are stupid answers. We are a result of natural processes, not the other way around. If things were different we may not be here at all. Gods are a waste of time and useless in every sense.

If mammals hadn't survived KT, if higher primates didn't evolve, if the australopithicines didn't live in a changing climate, etc.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

What are the real odds of a species capable of developing technology on an extra-terrestrial planet?

-About the same as the odds of one going from yelling at each other to cellphones.

Think about it. If we look back it is amazing to see the development of technology and the ideas that people had to improve circumstances. Big question is, what stimulated those minds to start the process, cause without the first telephone there would be no spring board for the development of something better. So for me, under the right circumstances, someone would be challenged to do just that, move to a new planet. And then someone else will improve on that and so on ...

If we take our human species as an example, my question is, what percent of change in geological, climate, ecological parameters in the history of the Earth would have precluded the evolution of humans?

- depends on your definition of evolution, cause even today we are all still evolving on a micro biological level. (Example...some people are being born without wisdom teeth, popular theory is since we don't need it anymore that's why we don't have it)

We evolve intellectually in leaps and bounds. Me myself, I am not as talented as these guys refining systems, technology etc. So there has to be evolution as such (but again, depends on our agreement o which evolution we are referring to)

- that's just it. Irrespective of the definition of evolution we are referring to, certain parameters need to be met for that evolution to kick into gear. For a lack of a better explanation , for me, its the same as the butterfly effect?

Things have to fall in place for that evolution of thought to take place.

Now asking if it is random depends on my view. Any bodies view actually. Me, based on my religion don't believe in random. Other people will say there is no such thing as God hence yes it was random, heck, some people will say irrespective of their faith things are not random ever etc.

How much deviation from Earth's history could be changed and still allow for our evolution to our present state?

- interesting point. A while ago I remember we asked how history would be different if Hitler actually decided to not go into politics and how his life 'random events' determined ultimately what path he will follow. 

This is actually the reason I replied to the whole post LOL, cause if u take away the development of the phone would be have cellphones/ smart watches today? 

I understand this might not be the evolution u r referring to, but again, evolution takes place on many levels.

Thanks for your replies. One reason I'm thinking about this is, there are probably many Earth-like planets in our galaxy, what are the probabilities that intelligent life can evolve on these planets? If evolution to humans depends on finely-tuned circumstances, then intelligent life on these planets would be rare.

This would be an answer to the Fermi Paradox. I would think primitive life would flourish on these Earth-like planets, but their evolution to an intelligent technological species may never occur, or only very rarely.

It also seems to me that a species evolves to its most efficient state, then its evolution stops. I don't imagine humans evolving further than we already have. If we are to develop into more intelligence, we must alter ourselves artificially. Just another thought.

12 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

Thanks for your replies. One reason I'm thinking about this is, there are probably many Earth-like planets in our galaxy, what are the probabilities that intelligent life can evolve on these planets? If evolution to humans depends on finely-tuned circumstances, then intelligent life on these planets would be rare.

Listen, forget about the circumstances if there was a plan to populate the planet, then there will be life and if there is no life on the physical level, then on the nonphysical will be because if there is a planet, then there can be life on it since every object in the universe performs its vital function. And if the planet is in the life belt as the Earth and there is water in the liquid state and the atmosphere, then the probability is great that physical life is there because the conditions for life are created. And if there is no need in the planet for some reason, then it collapses.

What is the probability that a healthy woman can conceive from a man and have a baby if they want it? The likelihood is high when conditions are met, the same way with the planet, so it’s not the circumstances that decide and the intentions of the creatures.

This would be an answer to the Fermi Paradox. I would think primitive life would flourish on these Earth-like planets, but their evolution to an intelligent technological species may never occur, or only very rarely.

Life cannot remain primitive because creatures will meet the blows of nature, the struggle between species,desire to transcend their limitations  and   death and  it is inevitable in evolution because overcoming imperfection lies in the plane of knowledge of the spirit as the ruler of the universe.The period of technological development can be and the more immersion in the material consciousness and life, the more the creatures will need technology.

It also seems to me that a species evolves to its most efficient state, then its evolution stops. I don't imagine humans evolving further than we already have.. Just another thought.

Evolution never stops because God has no limit to perfection (but this does not mean that perfection runs away from us, it is, only from higher to even higher). For example, on our planet, although there are animals but in the future they will become reasonable creatures and animal species as such will not. Can we say that animals have ceased to exist? Yes, but they, as conscious beings, have gone on to develop further and are already evolving as intelligent beings.

If we are to develop into more intelligence, we must alter ourselves artificially

You just need to open yourself to the true one and it will show you the right way, and our mind only comes up with artificial crutches and deceives us.

On 22/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, Coil said:

Listen, forget about the circumstances if there was a plan to populate the planet, then there will be life and if there is no life on the physical level, then on the nonphysical will be because if there is a planet, then there can be life on it since every object in the universe performs its vital function.

What on earth does this mean? What do you mean by "object", "vital" and "function"??

And if there is no need in the planet for some reason, then it collapses.

Eh???

Evolution never stops because God has no limit to perfection (but this does not mean that perfection runs away from us, it is, only from higher to even higher).

Evolution is nothing to do with "perfection" and you do you not get "higher evolution".

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

What on earth does this mean? What do you mean by "object", "vital" and "function"??

All living things, therefore, each biological body or “non-living” stone object has its purpose, as if it exists in the universe, it fulfills some purpose in life and evolution.

Well, take for example the human body. As long as a person lives his body supports life and when a person dies his body decomposes. Therefore, if a certain planet rotates but there is no physical life, then life is on a different level and the planet exists while it has a superphysical function. I think I explained it in an accessible and logical way using the example of the body.

Eh???

If a planet or satellite performs a bad function and threatens the life of other planets, it collapses (asteroids between Mars and Jupiter)
There is also a transformation of a planet or a star when it can disappear from the physical plane or go to another state as supernovae, dwarf stars are red giants and this is also an explanation but science will not know what happened to this planet on a mental level because science considers life only from the physical side and everything else for it is a star with different parameters.

Evolution is nothing to do with "perfection" and you do you not get "higher evolution".

You are simply unfamiliar with this but in relation to ordinary people a spiritual person is a higher (divine) stage of life, and we are still at the level of a thinking mind and egoistic inclinations, and these people have surpassed human defects. But the spiritual level of human consciousness is not yet complete perfection.

On 23/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, Coil said:

All living things, therefore, each biological body or “non-living” stone object has its purpose, as if it exists in the universe, it fulfills some purpose in life and evolution.

Well, take for example the human body. As long as a person lives his body supports life and when a person dies his body decomposes. Therefore, if a certain planet rotates but there is no physical life, then life is on a different level and the planet exists while it has a superphysical function. I think I explained it in an accessible and logical way using the example of the body.

If a planet or satellite performs a bad function and threatens the life of other planets, it collapses (asteroids between Mars and Jupiter)
There is also a transformation of a planet or a star when it can disappear from the physical plane or go to another state as supernovae, dwarf stars are red giants and this is also an explanation but science will not know what happened to this planet on a mental level because science considers life only from the physical side and everything else for it is a star with different parameters.

You are simply unfamiliar with this but in relation to ordinary people a spiritual person is a higher (divine) stage of life, and we are still at the level of a thinking mind and egoistic inclinations, and these people have surpassed human defects. But the spiritual level of human consciousness is not yet complete perfection.

Ab. Sol. Ute. Codswallop.