Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro-life Want The Death Penalty!

danydandan

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

In the past I justified the inconsistency with innocence .  A fetus hasnt committed any sins whereas the criminal clearly deserved the punishment he got.

This is how I see it. A child is innocent, the adult criminal worked for it. I do not see a conflict as my pro-life view is not about life for all but a desire to protect the innocent, whatever their ages.

In any case, I do not feel the need to run outside and condemn others who chose differently than we did. 

Edited by Not A Rockstar
wording
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always wonder that if Pro-life people would see humans as a species of animals, would they still consider abortion to be a crime ?

16 hours ago, danydandan said:

So how can you be pro-life and ok with carrying out a potential death penalty? Fairly contradictory and oxymoronic isn't it? Any America's that can provide some insight into this?

Pro-life types have never really been big on consistency or critical thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Who gets to decide who lives and who dies? At least with the US system, chances are they at least did something to deserve death. You want to just take out normal law abiding people? Not that I'd agree with this either, but wouldn't forced sterilization be better then direct depopulation? What exactly are you saying here?

What? I said nothing about taking out law abiding people. I'm talking about criminals who will never see freedom, there is no reason to keep them in prison indefinitely.

I've had wondered if a system not unlike a Wheel of Life and Death would work when it comes to meting out Sentencing after a case , when found guilty , beyond any reasonable doubt, they get one Spin. Life , Life with a possibility of parole, Death by lethal injection , Death by the Chair of Happy Shocks , Death by the Swing of the Rope or a Nation wide Tour where they get to be paraded and pelted with things no harder than a golf balls ... for the rest of their Life ...

No free spins ... televised on Live National TV Networks ... I wonder if HBO will do it PPV

~

• Haha 1

The definition of pro-life is simple, opposition of abortion and euthanasia.

How can people call themselves pro-life and in favour of euthanasia? It doesn't matter if you believe a fetus is innocent or if a criminal is deserving of their faith. The illogical jumps to call oneself pro-life and pro-euthanasia is nuts.

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

The definition of pro-life is simple, opposition of abortion and euthanasia.

How can people call themselves pro-life and in favour of euthanasia? It doesn't matter if you believe a fetus is innocent or if a criminal is deserving of their faith. The illogical jumps to call oneself pro-life and pro-euthanasia is nuts.

I used to think as much myself. Truth is people are euthanized everyday. Even in places where it’s technically illegal. 

We begged the doctor to continue my Aunts massive morphen dose, even though he told us it would kill her. Her pain was so intense that it was the only merciful option left. 

I’ll always be grateful it was an option, instead of watching her scream in agony, just to get an extra day or two. 

And I know she was thankful for that option as well. 

I don’t see how that has anything to do with snuffing out the life of a innocent child. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I used to think as much myself. Truth is people are euthanized everyday. Even in places where it’s technically illegal. 

We begged the doctor to continue my Aunts massive morphen dose, even though he told us it would kill her. Her pain was so intense that it was the only merciful option left. 

I’ll always be grateful it was an option, instead of watching her scream in agony, just to get an extra day or two. 

I don’t see how that has anything to do with snuffing out the life of a innocent child. 

I agree that's a horrible situation. 

But if your against abortion for whatever reason and for euthanasia, your just anti-abortion not pro life. Aren't you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I agree that's a horrible situation. 

But if your against abortion for whatever reason and for euthanasia, your just anti-abortion not pro life. Aren't you?

Maybe. I’m personally not for euthanasia in the sense that people should be able to off themselves for whatever reason they want. At least not with the support of the state. 

Only under the circumstance I mentioned above. Only if it prevents the horrible suffering of someone who was about to die anyway. 

I wouldn’t describe those last few days as life. 

Edited by preacherman76

A single life is more important than the universe itself.  The idea that mankind for centuries has fought and killed each other just for the possession of their land is quite sickening.  Likewise, the idea that selfish mothers can be applauded for killing their own children because they don't want them to be a burden to their lifestyle is equally sickening.  The death penalty is a disgrace.  Murderers should be analysed and conditioned to become normal civil human beings again.  Let's call them stage 5 cases.  Mothers who have abortions for selfish reasons should be arrested and conditioned in the same manner.  Let's call them stage 3 cases.  Same goes for petty criminals and people who indulge in immoral practices.  Governments should lay down the rules of decency and morality and anyone who does not abide the rules should be conditioned to accept and embrace them.  The medicine might taste bad, but it's the best cure we've got.

Edited by Aaron2016

2 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

A single life is more important than the universe itself.  The idea that mankind for centuries has fought and killed each other just for the possession of their land is quite sickening.

it is not a human trait, but a universal one, it  is natural,  it's everywhere in nature, animals, insects......

1 minute ago, aztek said:

it is not a human trait, but a universal one, it  is natural,  it's everywhere in nature, animals, insects......

True.  That is why I can't bring myself to kill an insect.  I believe it has just as much right to be here in this world as I do.

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Imagine you live in a country where euthanasia is illegal like the UK. Technically it is allowed under two conditions although it is not termed euthanasia.

The first is to relieve extreme pain when there is no hope of recovery which you have mentioned. The second is when you have injuries incompatible with life to relieve your extreme distress (such as being splattered under the wheels of a bus). A massive dose of morphine is given in both instances which in 99% of cases will stop the heart pretty much instantly.

Both are instances are when a person is at the end of their life and is either in agony or extremely distressed.

24 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Imagine you live in a country where euthanasia is illegal like the UK. Technically it is allowed under two conditions although it is not termed euthanasia.

The first is to relieve extreme pain when there is no hope of recovery which you have mentioned. The second is when you have injuries incompatible with life to relieve your extreme distress (such as being splattered under the wheels of a bus). A massive dose of morphine is given in both instances which in 99% of cases will stop the heart pretty much instantly.

Both are instances are when a person is at the end of their life and is either in agony or extremely distressed.

In my state euthanasia is illegal. Like you said though, they just don't call it that. My wife works for hospice. She see's it happen near daily. Doctors in hospice have a lot of room to administer lethal doses of pain medications,  cause otherwise the patient would be in to much pain. They are allowed to use as much as needed to make them comfortable. Often that is a lethal dose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

A single life is more important than the universe itself.

That's quite possibly one of the most selfish and narrow-minded views I have ever read.

• Like 1

I'm from Ohio, you're thinking of the hearbeat bill. It bans abortion once there is a heartbeat detected.

Govener Kasich(R), i voted for this fellow, vetoed the bill when it came around 2 years ago.

Sadly in January a new guy is coming in because of term limits, Dewine (also an R, I did not vote for this loser). He supports the heartbeat bill. Kasich said he would veto the bill agaon, but it's a lame duck term, they want to stall the vote tell janurary when Dewine comes in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Podo said:

That's quite possibly one of the most selfish and narrow-minded views I have ever read.

How so?  Do you believe a materialistic object is more important than a living creature?  Anything that is alive certainly is more important.

6 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

How so?  Do you believe a materialistic object is more important than a living creature?  Anything that is alive certainly is more important.

If you view the universe as a whole to "a materialistic object" then you're an idiot. Our lives do not matter and never have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Podo said:

If you view the universe as a whole to "a materialistic object" then you're an idiot. Our lives do not matter and never have.

Why do you believe your life does not matter?  Everyone's lives matter.  From the largest animals to the smallest insects.  Even the tiniest microbes.  They all matter.  If the entire Universe was dead of living organisms and the only living creature alive was a single frog, then that frog would be the greatest and most precious achievement of that entire universe.

Every life is sacred.

frog.png

Edited by Aaron2016

8 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

A single life is more important than the universe itself.  The idea that mankind for centuries has fought and killed each other just for the possession of their land is quite sickening.  Likewise, the idea that selfish mothers can be applauded for killing their own children because they don't want them to be a burden to their lifestyle is equally sickening.  The death penalty is a disgrace.  Murderers should be analysed and conditioned to become normal civil human beings again.  Let's call them stage 5 cases.  Mothers who have abortions for selfish reasons should be arrested and conditioned in the same manner.  Let's call them stage 3 cases.  Same goes for petty criminals and people who indulge in immoral practices.  Governments should lay down the rules of decency and morality and anyone who does not abide the rules should be conditioned to accept and embrace them.  The medicine might taste bad, but it's the best cure we've got.

Somewhere in there is a quite flawed and naïve assumption that you can fix someone who is severally disordered. There is no cure for narcissism, sociopathy, or psychopathy. The people with these conditions have development problems going on in their brains which cannot be fixed by current medical science.

In my opinion a death penalty for offenders is a good thing. In our society there are those who think we shouldn't take revenge out on criminals. But in psychology the act of getting revenge is shown to help victims as well as the friends and family of victims. It makes them feel good and gives them a better sense of justice being carried out than simply locking someone up.

I think all criminals who commit an offence which requires 5 or more years in prison should be put through a psychological assessment to see if they have a personality disorder. If the answer is yes they should receive an automatic death penalty for their crime(s). With lessor offenders who commit crimes requiring prison sentences less than five years three strikes and you are out should apply - death penalty for them too.

With pregnant women the law for abortion is set at 24 weeks here because after than point their foetus is developed enough to have some conscious awareness. Therefore for me before 24 weeks is okay. With later abortions I realise some women do it due to a deformity in the foetus which I understand. Or some do it because the pregnancy is putting their life at risk which I also understand. But all other instances of aborting after 24 weeks are illegal here. They are normally treated as manslaughter which is normally less than five years in prison.

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Why do you believe your life does not matter?  Everyone's lives matter.  From the largest animals to the smallest insects.  Even the tiniest microbes.  They all matter.  If the entire Universe was dead of living organisms and the only living creature alive was a single frog, then that frog would be the greatest and most precious achievement of that entire universe.

Every life is sacred.

frog.png

You're a looney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, danydandan said:

I have issues particularly with the amount of concurrent sentences handed down here. As in just last week a guy was charged and convicted of raping his daughter 13 times he got ten years in prison. A similar case was heard in the US somewhere, the guy got 10 life sentences in the US. 

Irish justice system is a joke.

Jeeze only ten years!! Was he a judge or priest?

I support abortion in many cases but not for women who are irresponsible and who purposely get knocked up so they can abort and brag about it on Twitter; brag about how "empowered" and "strong" they are. Additionally, the same people who call themselves "pro-choice, " are the same ones who oppose free speech, support "affirmative action" and "political correctness" and want laws passed that restrict or eliminate rights and freedoms. Yeah, "pro-choice" indeed. 

3 hours ago, Cruel_Cahal said:

I support abortion in many cases but not for women who are irresponsible and who purposely get knocked up so they can abort and brag about it on Twitter;

I thought it was mostly guys that bragged about that stuff.  Now if you really want to stop premarital sex, do a paternity test and throw the father in jail for 10 years to life.    That will keep the zippers up.   I thought it was a bunch of male legislators who wanted to pass laws to restrict or eliminate rights and freedoms.   Or are you just mad at uppity women?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Your naivety is even more sickening.  Murderers should never be allowed back in society.  This kind of irresponsibility leads to rapists and murderers being released to continue their crimes.

• Like 1