Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
markdohle

God and science

944 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

danydandan
23 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I mean no disrespect, but that is just your own homebrewed fantasy, to fulfill your own personal need for sense in life.
There are hundreds of God-interpretations, and they all claim to be the one true faith.

Myfantasyisbetterthanyourfantasyism.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
1 hour ago, danydandan said:

You mean the crap Harry Houdini debunked, and was perfected by Derek Acorah? 

Ah Derek Acorah.

Time to mention the obligatory "Mary loves Dick!"

Sorry. I thought it was par for the course when his name is mentioned confusedsn.gif

As you were.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
2 hours ago, danydandan said:

All that paranormal stuff has failed any and every test conducted with scientific rigour. 

One explanation a certain user here likes to make is that ghost or spirts know. 

What the hell is channelling?

This is channeled information and I would say very informative.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
6 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Ah Derek Acorah.

Time to mention the obligatory "Mary loves Dick!"

Sorry. I thought it was par for the course when his name is mentioned confusedsn.gif

As you were.

Mary does indeed love Dick. 

That show he was on was cringe worthy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Avinash Suresh said:

The problem comes with the conception of God. God for me, is the source of the universe. It is the fabric that binds all that is together. God is not, some human-like figure in the heavens waving his wand for Good and Evil, as most religions might get you to think. God has no gender. He is no human. Yet, he is within all. God is Light. Not just any light, but that light through which everything manifested.

Now if you don't like this, that's absolutely fine.

But if you are interested, start by reading Kingdom of God is within you by Leo Tolstoy. Also, research the children of the law of one.

It is important to experience things to learn. 

Instead of saying only Science is right or only God is right, why can't they both be right? I've found that both paths lead to the same principle of Oneness.

I agree and I think the Source or God is just the main energy we are all a part of. Not something that needs to be worshipped although many take that path or worshipping something outside themselves. Even Science can we labeled as God to some for they worship the mainstream science.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
3 hours ago, danydandan said:

All that paranormal stuff has failed any and every test conducted with scientific rigour. 

One explanation a certain user here likes to make is that ghost or spirts know. 

What the hell is channelling?

Do your own research.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I mean no disrespect, but that is just your own homebrewed fantasy, to fulfill your own personal need for sense in life.
There are hundreds of God-interpretations, and they all claim to be the one true faith.

Anyway, I can conclude that Science is only a part of the puzzle of reality.

Science does not include all of the knowledge which I wish to gain.

You can call it my faith or fantasy, but your label doesn't change what I know. It doesn't nullify my experiences. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
1 minute ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Anyway, I can conclude that Science is only a part of the puzzle of reality.

Science does not include all of the knowledge which I wish to gain.

You can call it my faith or fantasy, but your label doesn't change what I know. It doesn't nullify my experiences. 

It is only when you tell people how reality is, according to your belief, that I feel the need to counter argue.

In fact I respect your opinion/belief, unless you sound preachy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
19 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Do your own research.

Wow, try to have an amicable conversation with you and this is the type shyt I have to deal with. Have fun.

I didn't tell you b***** off and read up on the difference between a scientific hypothesis and theory. Even though you had no qualms asking me to alleviate your ignorance on the topic. 

 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

It is only when you tell people how reality is, according to your belief, that I feel the need to counter argue.

In fact I respect your opinion/belief, unless you sound preachy.

What's wrong in presenting my point of view for discussion?

I don't ask you to agree with me. All I'm asking is to consider the possibility.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Wow, try to have an amicable conversation with you and this is the type shyt I have to deal with. Have fun.

 

Sorry if I sounded rude.

All I was telling was to consider it seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
1 minute ago, Avinash Suresh said:

What's wrong in presenting my point of view for discussion?

I don't ask you to agree with me. All I'm asking is to consider the possibility.

1 minute ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Sorry if I sounded rude.

All I was telling was to consider it seriously.

When you present it as an obvious reality, that I only need to embrace, you go from giving your POV to being a missionary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, Avinash Suresh said:

Sorry if I sounded rude.

All I was telling was to consider it seriously.

nothing-matters.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
5 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

What's wrong in presenting my point of view for discussion?

Nothing at all. However, when you present your point of view as being the only view that matters. Well, that's how things go the hell faster and furious.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

When you present it as an obvious reality, that I only need to embrace, you go from giving your POV to being a missionary.

People usually get, snarky when their beliefs are questioned and such. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
5 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

When you present it as an obvious reality, that I only need to embrace, you go from giving your POV to being a missionary.

I never said anything was obvious. As I said, what may be true to me, may not be true for you.

Did I preach? All I did was to share my knowledge with others, while at the same time learning from others.

Bringing up the topic of channeling for discussion was a hint to consider things like that.

I don't have a habit of dismissing things for being unscientific.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
2 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

I never said anything was obvious. As I said, what may be true to me, may not be true for you.

Did I preach? All I did was to share my knowledge with others, while at the same time learning from others.

Bringing up the topic of channeling for discussion was a hint to consider things like that.

I don't have a habit of dismissing things for being unscientific.

Don't worry pal, I'm not offended. Just save the instruction manual for later, the next time you discuss God. It's not a good idea to start with it.

And dismissing things as unscientific is a good thing! It is one of the pillars of science in fact. We aim to kill bad ideas! :tu:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
13 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Don't worry pal, I'm not offended. Just save the instruction manual for later, the next time you discuss God. It's not a good idea to start with it.

And dismissing things as unscientific is a good thing! It is one of the pillars of science in fact. We aim to kill bad ideas! :tu:

Did you like the holographic link I sent you? Or have you seen before it's kinda interesting.

Sorry for going off topic.

But back on topic, there is no place for bringing your beliefs (no matter what they are) into any scientific research. Science must be unbiased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avinash Suresh
7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Don't worry pal, I'm not offended. Just save the instruction manual for later, the next time you discuss God. It's not a good idea to start with it.

And dismissing things as unscientific is a good thing! It is one of the pillars of science in fact. We aim to kill bad ideas! :tu:

Of course, but we must be careful in discerning the truth from falsehoods.

Not all things are superstitions or product of fantasy.

Anyways, I really liked your kind attitude. I'm sure you have at least once experienced love. That's why you are reflecting it.

This love we have for others is what makes the essence of God(you don't need to agree on that). So even if you don't believe in God, you still know him. It's just that you are unaware that's Him.

God cannot be proven. The only way to know God is by experiencing Him.

If you are interested, you may read the books in Full Circle section of Eagle Spirit Ministry.

Again, I'm not preaching anything, just giving out information to those whose seek it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
10 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Of course, but we must be careful in discerning the truth from falsehoods.

Not all things are superstitions or product of fantasy.

Anyways, I really liked your kind attitude. I'm sure you have at least once experienced love. That's why you are reflecting it.

This love we have for others is what makes the essence of God(you don't need to agree on that). So even if you don't believe in God, you still know him. It's just that you are unaware that's Him.

God cannot be proven. The only way to know God is by experiencing Him.

If you are interested, you may read the books in Full Circle section of Eagle Spirit Ministry.

Again, I'm not preaching anything, just giving out information to those whose seek it.

What if god is an idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

What if god is an idea. 

 

But what if it's just an idea, that God is an idea?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
52 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

nothing-matters.jpg

Another view is that everything matters.  Some people believe that all of us individuals comprise a “collective” shared reality, if even on a subconscious level.  Another view is proposed by the butterfly effect which states that the smallest change in a complex system can have vast changes in that system, which would indicate that everything does actually matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Another view is that everything matters.  Some people believe that all of us individuals comprise a “collective” shared reality, if even on a subconscious level.  Another view is proposed by the butterfly effect which states that the smallest change in a complex system can have vast changes in that system, which would indicate that everything does actually matter.

No not really. When the last human dies and the sun either swallows the earth or kicks into the void. It'll be like we never existed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No not really. When the last human dies and the sun either swallows the earth or kicks into the void. It'll be like we never existed. 

Well, I guess that depends upon your perception of time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Well, I guess that depends upon your perception of time.

It's the inevitable. Nothing we do matters. Life is nothing more than consumption, reproduction, and death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.