Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pakistan moves in UN to stop free speech

RoofGardener

Pakistan is  promoting an initiative in the halls of the UN that will - if followed through to its ultimate expression  - make it illegal to criticise Islam. (it's already illegal within Pakistan, but this initiative seeks to spread that remit around the world)

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1852070/1-pakistan-informs-un-initiative-counter-defamation-religions/

"....“Together we need to encourage states to take steps to create an environment of religious tolerance, inclusiveness and respect”, she  (the Pakistan Ambassador) added.  "Now excuse me, I just need to pop out and murder some more Christians"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

UN should just move it up the notches and makes it illegal to defame all Religions ... let the Religious nuts draw up the guidelines, life will be better for one and all

~

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not surprised Pak would try such a thing, but Its scary that anyone thinks the UN should have authority to tell anyone what they can and cant say about, well, anything. I couldn't even imagine living in a place where it's illegal to criticize any religion, let alone one of the most oppressive. What a mess that would turn out to be. How much more bold would these religions become under such a law?

We have already seen a activist judge, I believe in Detroit(?) rule that protecting little girls from genital mutilation is unconstitutional. smh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

UN should just move it up the notches and makes it illegal to defame all Religions ... let the Religious nuts draw up the guidelines, life will be better for one and all

~

So you approve of anti-blasphemy laws ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

So you approve of anti-blasphemy laws ? 

What do I have to do with anything ? Its up to the religious nutters , if it keeps them busy for the next hundred years or so,. so be it ...

~

By the way ...

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

"Now excuse me, I just need to pop out and murder some more Christians"

Have you slithered out and murdered some more Muslims lately ?

~

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

What do I have to do with anything ? Its up to the religious nutters , if it keeps them busy for the next hundred years or so,. so be it ...

~

By the way ...

Have you slithered out and murdered some more Muslims lately ?

~

No. Because I'm not a member of a bloodthirsty and murderous cult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

Are you blind ? This is an attempt to muzzle criticism of Islam. Not just to "religious nutters", but to everyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Are you blind ? This is an attempt to muzzle criticism of Islam. Not just to "religious nutters", but to everyone. 

Which already happens on social media such as Twitter and Facebook. This, along with the imaginary "hate speech" laws, is all part of the left's goal to eradicate human rights, especially from Caucasians. 

• Like 1

The EU is embracing this cause as well.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/13204/european-court-human-rights-sharia

The level of overt, shameless cowardice among these countries astounds me.  If people are willing to be subjugated without resisting it then they are only receiving what they deserve.  They'll figure it out when the beheadings and amputations begin and by that time it will be a little too late.  

• Thanks 2

Patently ridiculous. Oh those poor fragile theists, having to deal with consequences for their terrible actions in the form of criticism. Religion is not special, it needs to be able to be criticised to the utmost extent. If it can't handle that criticism, it needs to take a long look at its own belief and practice and figure out why.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 1:22 PM, RoofGardener said:

They're going to find that it isn't quite so easy when they demand such "rights" in rural America ;)  :gun:   The one advantage to being a designated deplorable is the lack of concern over labels and demands for our conduct.  Down here we treat people as they treat us.  It's worked well for a couple of hundred years and we see no reason to change it because some "intellectual"  says we must.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just another group of power pigs trying to regulate free speech. If this passes, how soon do you think special interest groups like gays and transies will be demanding the same treatment? ... or you can't make Polish jokes or blonde jokes anymore. DAMN. 

Bad enough the bullets we have to dodge in America but now we have to start worrying about what voices all over the world don't want us to say?

On 11/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, third_eye said:

~

Why?

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Why?

So they can go at each other knowing exactly why and then so be able to know what to tell their respective divine entity / entities what happened exactly ...

~