Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Evil spirits' prompt curfew in Colombian town

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to 'Evil spirits' prompt curfew in Colombian town

With the curfew in effect, minors are no longer permitted to visit 17 public places between 7 in the evening and 5 in the morning unless accompanied by a parent or guardian

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/323590/evil-spirits-prompt-curfew-in-colombian-town

This is confusing, what places and what has it got to do with whatsapp? 

evil spirits' that have been spread through the mobile messaging application WhatsApp.

The most dangerous part about all this is they should not be even thinking about evil spirits. How about take the phones away and spend some time with their children, do something productive, go for a walk if need be, but just be their for the child and talk and listen to them.

Teenagers have always gone through dark times, but this spirit thing is becoming ridiculous and the social media is causing major problems.

Yes they all love their phones, but social media is not mixing well with a lot of youngsters.

Many i meet do not know how to look someone in the eye when talking and their main concern is getting to their phones. Something is going seriously wrong and in this case, encouraging the idea of spirits is playing with fire.

• Like 4

As a  believer in the spiritual realm of reality, I think there is a real spiritual danger in children playing around with Ouija boards and spirit applications. A materialist will blame all the effects even the physical ones on psychological causes, but I believe this may only sometimes be the case and even psychological effects can mix with real spirit influences.

I think parents should try to keep their kids away from this kind of stuff. But I'm not sure I want the government involved though.

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

As a  believer in the spiritual realm of reality, I think there is a real spiritual danger in children playing around with Ouija boards and spirit applications. A materialist will blame all the effects even the physical ones on psychological causes, but I believe this may only sometimes be the case and even psychological effects can mix with real spirit influences.

I think parents should try to keep their kids away from this kind of stuff. But I'm not sure I want the government involved though.

They are blaming WhatsApp, Papa. This is as rational as blaming Facebook for Hillary losing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think your papa-meters broken.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think your papa-meters broken.

It's working like a charm, Xeno.

37 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

They are blaming WhatsApp, Papa. This is as rational as blaming Facebook for Hillary losing.

Well social media can be used in many ways. I know it's not the technologies fault but the actions of the users. The article didn't cover what the kids were actually doing with the app.

fair enough, Papa but emailing a demon seems a bit much.

I think Freetoroam has it closer to truth, these kids need to get their phones taken away and more reality time in person, imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It's working like a charm, Xeno.

No it doesn't and you know it. You didn't even pay attention to the link. You and your knee jerk reactions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

fair enough, Papa but emailing a demon seems a bit much.

Well a Ouija board can be called cardboard and plastic but the key is the openness and intent. I think teenagers are more prone to drawing in activity too.

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I think Freetoroam has it closer to truth, these kids need to get their phones taken away and more reality time in person, imo.

I am good with that too.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Its hard to know much when we arent even told what it has to do with whatsap or those locations, but have we even ruled out drugs here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its hard to know much when we arent even told what it has to do with whatsap or those locations, but have we even ruled out drugs here?

Most likely ...

~

Fentanyl is an opioid used as a pain medication and together with other medications for anesthesia. Fentanyl is also made illegally and used as a recreational drug, often mixed with heroin or cocaine. It has a rapid onset and effects generally last less than an hour or two. Wikipedia

Formula: C22H28N2O
Molar mass: 336.471 g/mol
CAS ID: 437-38-7
ChEMBL Id: 596
Trade name: Actiq, Duragesic, Fentora, others
PubChem CID: 3345

~

~

Don't quote me on this but there is widespread suspicion that this is the real reason why many countries are rethinking the harm and danger associated with Cannabis

~

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Most likely ...

~

Don't quote me on this but there is widespread suspicion that this is the real reason why many countries are rethinking the harm and danger associated with Cannabis

~

Wait your saying its cannabis or fentanyl? Definitely not weed.

1 hour ago, NicoletteS said:

Wait your saying its cannabis or fentanyl? Definitely not weed.

No , definitely not weed.of course

~

Knock and the door shall be opened