Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Futurists imagine life in 2050

Still Waters

From family holidays in space to robot doctors and an end to work… Four experts predict what life will be like 30 years from now.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/nov/25/futurists-the-world-in-2050-science-medicine-food-travel-predictions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only things that decides the future is the law of the market, and human stupidity. Technology can't compete with those.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The only things that decides the future is the law of the market, and human stupidity. Technology can't compete with those.

stupid people did not invent the computer you're using right now & all the amazing inventions that help the human race.. you come out with some ridiculous crap at times mate!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

stupid people did not invent the computer you're using right now & all the amazing inventions that help the human race.. you come out with some ridiculous crap at times mate!

Stupidity is the second thing I mentioned, the first one - the law of the market - is more important, but it is ruled by short sightedness (human stupidity).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

There is a lot of truth to that sci-nerd.   The economic system of things has a horrible way of stagnating true human progress..

..... Unless something BIG happens....I suspect ways of life will not change all that much in the next 30 years.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

There is a lot of truth to that sci-nerd.   The economic system of things has a horrible way of stagnating true human progress..

..... Unless something BIG happens....I suspect ways of life will not change all that much in the next 30 years.   

Michio Kaku  disagrees when speaking of medical progress:

"We will become gods. We’ll have the immortal body of Venus. The speed of Mercury. The power of the mind of Zeus." 

I always suspected the little guy had a screw rattling around in that magnificent brain. ;)   When he went on to say we'd be nearly immortal, it occurred to me that some very basic drives in humanity would have to be restrained or beaten out of us for that to happen.  I can't think of a more basic one than a desire for a family.  Since overpopulation would quickly become critical, who would decide who could have children, and how many?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dino-Mario said:

I'm still hoping for a future as envisioned by Dougal Dixon...

acuatics.jpg

We can only hope lol

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2018 at 3:10 PM, Still Waters said:

From family holidays in space to robot doctors and an end to work… Four experts predict what life will be like 30 years from now.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/nov/25/futurists-the-world-in-2050-science-medicine-food-travel-predictions

The average temperature on Mars Is -80 F.   The average temperature at the South Pole is -57 F.

Why are we not colonizing the South Pole?  At least it has oxygen to breathe. The atmosphere on Mars is 95 % carbon dioxide.