Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God and Universe

Probe

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Aliens more probable than God to be honest.

If Aliens created the universe...who created the Aliens?  God!  If God created the universe who created God?  The Universe.

If the Universe created itself...who created the Universe?   The Universe

How could the Universe create itself?  That is the question only a few actually have a desire to ask and answer.

3 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The universe is 13,800,000,000 on years old and the concept of religion is probably around 40,000 years old. Its not even close.

I corrected your ....numbers....in the future...please use commas where necessary...you almost gave me a seizure! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, joc said:

I corrected your ....numbers....in the future...please use commas where necessary...you almost gave me a seizure! 

I actually did it on purpose to clarify just how much older the universe is.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The universe is 13800000000 on years old and the concept of religion is probably around 40000 years old. Its not even close.

Is that 40,000 years a typo? Is that true?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Is that 40,000 years a typo? Is that true?

We can't say for sure how old religion is, hence why I wrote "probably", but we have evidence of humans being buried with small sculptures from around 40,000 years ago. That could indicate some form of religious practice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I actually did it on purpose to clarify just how much older the universe is.

I'll further clarify it as well:

• T H I R T E E N       I    L      L     I     O       years old.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

We can't say for sure how old religion is, hence why I wrote "probably", but we have evidence of humans being buried with small sculptures from around 40,000 years ago. That could indicate some form of religious practice. 

That's interesting I shall have to do some research on that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

That could indicate some form of religious practice. 

I don't know if it is safe to make that logic leap into religious concepts, after all it could just be something to remember dear old Mom by ...

~

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's interesting I shall have to do some research on that.

According to my American Indian  book...Ancient Eskimos crossed the Bering Strait 27,000 years ago...

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

I don't know if it is safe to make that logic leap into religious concepts, after all it could just be something to remember dear old Mom by ...

~

If that is the case it only makes the universe that much older than god....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If that is the case it only makes the universe that much older than god....

In that case , back then it is quite possible that Mom was greater than any, as yet to be any man made, god ....

~

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

In that case , back then it is quite possible that Mom was greater than any, as yet to be any man made, god ....

~

Isn't that still the case ? 

Afterall my mom made me. (With some help from dad) :P

• Thanks 1

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Isn't that still the case ? 

Afterall my mom made me. (With some help from dad) :P

Exactly ... and dear old dad will have little else to say about it too ... :D

~

19 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Here is a place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

That's interesting, but jumping to religious intend is pre-mature isn't it? 

43 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The universe is 13800000000 on years old and the concept of religion is probably around 40000 years old. Its not even close.

When the universe was created and our solar system, then the gods were close to man, so there was no need for religion because they exerted their direct influence, and when man began to forget the gods as a result of material development, they needed religions, teachers and the path to God so as not to break ties otherwise a person without support from above quickly degrades morally. It would be time to understand that God is the Creator and the universe is created and has a beginning and a completion.

It is described that the life expectancy of Brahma is 100 "years of Brahma", which is equal to 311,040,000,000 Earth years. After the life of Brahma comes to an end, there comes a break, also lasting 100 years. After that, another Brahma Creator re-begins the process of creation. This cycle goes on forever.By these calculations the life of Brahmā seems fantastic and interminable, but from the viewpoint of eternity it is as brief as a lightning flash. In the Causal Ocean there are innumerable Brahmās rising and disappearing like bubbles in the Atlantic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalpa_(aeon)

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's interesting, but jumping to religious intend is pre-mature isn't it? 

When it comes to the intent of things like this there is allways an element of guess work involved. Anyway it was just to make a point of the massive difference in the age of the universe and the concept of religion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coil said:

When the universe was created and our solar system, then the gods were close to man, so there was no need for religion because they exerted their direct influence, and when man began to forget the gods as a result of material development, they needed religions, teachers and the path to God so as not to break ties otherwise a person without support from above quickly degrades morally. It would be time to understand that God is the Creator and the universe is created and has a beginning and a completion.

It is described that the life expectancy of Brahma is 100 "years of Brahma", which is equal to 311,040,000,000 Earth years. After the life of Brahma comes to an end, there comes a break, also lasting 100 years. After that, another Brahma Creator re-begins the process of creation. This cycle goes on forever.By these calculations the life of Brahmā seems fantastic and interminable, but from the viewpoint of eternity it is as brief as a lightning flash. In the Causal Ocean there are innumerable Brahmās rising and disappearing like bubbles in the Atlantic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalpa_(aeon)

In your next post I assume that you will provide evidence that the Universe is that old ? Evidence other than human writing that is........

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

In your next post I assume that you will provide evidence that the Universe is that old ? Evidence other than human writing that is........

Doesn't Coil always provide proof for the nonsensical ramblings?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

In terms of Hinduism, if the universe is from 12 to 15 billion years old and the day and night of Brahma is 8.64 billion years, then the universe and we have lived for about two days or less and 311 trillion 40 billion years is how much the universe will live at all.
Only it is necessary to take into account that science considers only the physical plane of the universe and its age, and how much time has passed given all the non-physical levels from which the universe has begun to be impossible to calculate since time goes there more slowly than ours.
(Nevertheless, somewhere that information slipped that our Brahma is more than 50 years old so that our universe is no longer young)

I trust Hinduism, they know more than science knows, so until you can prove the opposite, it is better to allow the possibility of lifetimes of the universe and periods.

• Haha 1

God and the universe mutually emerged. Actually, there is no God and there is no universe. 

All we experience is our perceptions. All we experience is mind that perceives. But its perception is not the thing itself, it is always a model, a mental construct.

Take "light", for example. There is no such thing as "light", there  is electromagnetic radiation, which is not "light". EMR is interpreted by the brain as "light", and this is what the mind experiences.

So, concepts such as God and the universe are interpretations of something completely different than what is perceived and created within mind.

So, what are we discussing? We're discussing our experience, but not the reality, of which we cannot know. 

Just a thought.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Coil said:

In terms of Hinduism, if the universe is from 12 to 15 billion years old and the day and night of Brahma is 8.64 billion years, then the universe and we have lived for about two days or less and 311 trillion 40 billion years is how much the universe will live at all.

I'd like to see where you plucked this sort of nonsense from ... links ? Please ? Pretty pretty please ?

~

52 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

So, what are we discussing? We're discussing our experience, but not the reality, of which we cannot know. Just a thought.

With such success, the entire experience of consciousness can be brought under a precarious basis and you will not come to any correct point of view.
That is why you have so many questions and spaces that you cannot personally answer, because the other point of view, the right one, is not caught in your head, so you walk in a circle that does not put you on the right path.

Religious explanation is just another explanation to which science cannot penetrate and this knowledge from the Creator, from the planner of all life on earth. It seems to me that even if God himself wrote on the forum there would be a bunch of dissenters with him about the development of the universe, our history , the development of the solar system, the device of man and he would have to leave here because people have their own prejudice as to how everything developed.

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'd like to see where you plucked this sort of nonsense from ... links ? Please ? Pretty pretty please ?

~

In my post number 41 a link read the Hinduism section and absorb instead of immediately showing your incompetence.

I honestly think this is pointless. This is needless speculation, any answer is an assumption. Nothing more than an exercise in futility. 

• Like 3