Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God and Universe

Probe

1 hour ago, Reignite said:

Do you consider yourself rude or just plain annoying?

Little or both, though it really depends on my mood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Little or both, though it really depends on my mood.

I guess it's a good thing you're honest about yourself.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Reignite said:

I guess it's a good thing you're honest about yourself.

I can only be who I am

• Like 3

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

Where is this study is there a link? I can't find it and I've read back a number of pages to where MrWalker claimed a study was conducted. 

Trust is a funny thing. It's probably the only thing us humans can say is Relative, Situational and Absolute. 

I'm taking your word on that, I trust you enough with that, I believe he cross referenced the studies over at Jodie's thread about trust too, I trust you can find it there ....

(see what I just did here ?)

:lol:

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Yep That prevents me seeing even the simplest object in my mind.  It is one reason i know i do not see imaginary things. I never have images in my mind while i am awake and not under powerful pain killers  This does not prevent me seeing things which are there but it prevents me imagining things which are NOT there.  Of course it also means i cannot construct images of things which are real like an animal or a chair . i don't see ANYTHING in my mind, once my eyes are closed 

Pure confabulation. The inevitable consequence of being able to see what is there, occasionally seeing what is not there, has nothing to do with mental visualization in the sense of entertaining voluntarily selected or tolerated thoughts with a pseudo-visual quality. Not for you, not for any sighted person.

You tell yourself too many stories as it is; you can afford to lose this one. There's even an upside - you won't have to explain how you can have visual experience in your many entertaining dreams and yet lack the ability to form any image of anything that isn't really there. You know, those triple-breasted Amazons.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

I think assuming you are correct all the time is the epitome of arrogance. Obviously second guessing what you perceive is redundant, but anomalies should be questioned. Your perception is constructed by your brain, based on sensory input, past memories that can (and often are) personalised, confabulated, distorted, contaminated (Mandela effect) and even fused with other memories. These things can happen each time you bring up a specific memory, so your recollection of an event can literally change each time you bring it up.Your perception is biased to your memories and your memories are biased to your perception. So not questioning yourself sometimes is stupid, and assuming your perception and memories are infallible is arrogance and ignorance. And everyone person is effected by this. Not mention our flaws in logic and cognitive biases. 

Brilliantly stated! :nw:

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, joc said:

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that you cannot really trust anyone...only in degrees.  Pedophiles hide behind Pastoral Robes and Teaching Certificates...Men of the church hide affairs...as well as women of the church...High Moral Politicians hide behind powerful committees ...morality is a myth...at the end of the day, we are all human, and at the end of the day, humans cannot be trusted. 

Having reached this point on this long and winding road to enlightenment, I will add that even God and gods cannot be trusted. And most of all, we cannot trust ourselves, being humans ourselves. I tell you this in trust!