Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained flashing light indoors

lumi0628

Hello, this is the first time posting here but here goes. We have a camera in our living room set up with a motion sensor and as recently as today we got an alert of movement. When we look at the clip(six seconds) the light from outside is shining through the window but the next second theres a bright white flash of light that illuminates the living room and the camera is set to night mode.

This is the second time it happens in the same vicinity. First time was near the dining room table, a quick flash and then it was gone. And then the living room area today.

We keep thinking what if it's an electrical issue but the lights turn on okay and theres nothing else out of the ordinary but the flashes. 

Since I cant upload a video, i uploaded screenshots. This is the flash that happens. The other screenshots wouldnt load because of file size 

Screenshot_20181126-195656_Video Player.jpg

Edited by lumi0628
  • Thanks 1

How about high beam lights from a car? is your house next to a crossroad or something? 

• Like 3

This seems to be brightness from outside the window, perhaps reflecting on a surface over the couch, like a mirror, which we can't see. I can see the flash from outside the edge of the window then it magnifies almost instantly like lightning from that unseen wall into the room.

1 minute ago, lumi0628 said:

Nowhere near a crosswalk actually. Theres no mirrors on the walls. Just the window the door and a couch and a palm tree on that side 

What's outside the house? Is that the entrance right? 

Well, I don't know your location but sometimes policemen during their night shifts/rounds they do use powerful flashlights and check houses in order to spot burglars or something lurking around.

TLR-1-25-Yards-Outdoors-1024x1024.jpg

It does look like the source is from outside and it is just a glimpse. 

• Like 2

What I mean is, burglars generally will stare and point flashlights inside windows for quite a while to check. Policemen wouldn't do that, they just do quick glimpses with their flashlights.
Source: a friend who's a police. 

• Like 3

I agree with you MrBene, if there is no mirror there then it is a high wattage light like a spotlight or tactical flashlight, such as police use. 

Nothing to be afraid of.

If your camera is set on flash then any movement or activity will set it off. The light from outside could be from someone walking their dog, they could have a torch or could be a car light....even in the distance. As night lights travel far.

The only time to worry is if you see someone coming through your door or window who should not be.

You camera is doing what it is supposed to do.

What make of camera is it and how long have you had it? 

I reckon it the camera flash has it take a photo

On 11/27/2018 at 4:26 AM, freetoroam said:

If your camera is set on flash then any movement or activity will set it off. The light from outside could be from someone walking their dog, they could have a torch or could be a car light....even in the distance. As night lights travel far.

The only time to worry is if you see someone coming through your door or window who should not be.

You camera is doing what it is supposed to do.

What make of camera is it and how long have you had it? 

Hi Freetoroam'

Yes, and is there a motion sensor light that was activated outside. Another possibility is the photosensor on the lamp post, I know that there are times that the light flashes when the sensor has been triggered by birds or dust (fowl dust):lol:

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Freetoroam'

Yes, and is there a motion sensor light that was activated outside. Another possibility is the photosensor on the lamp post, I know that there are times that the light flashes when the sensor has been triggered by birds or dust (fowl dust):lol:

jmccr8

Electriicity and lighting are wonderful, modern technology and sensors are great, i just do not get how today some people do not understand how they work or what effects they can make at night time.

Where have these people come from, some time travel from the middle ages? 

To believe in paranormal activity when a sensor goes off,  just baffles me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

To believe in paranormal activity when a sensor goes off,  just baffles me.

Belief in anything outside of the parameters of the Laws of Physics just baffles me.  

• Like 2

Is the ground limestone & is there flowing ground water under your house? I'm pretty sure that could produce an energy discharge & possible flashes of light but I'm not a physicist so don't quote me on that.