Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I wasn't going to post this but......(ghost?)

OverSword

Okay, this happened last August.  I wasn't going to post this but.... what the heck.

So I'm walking down Broadway in the early evening and there is nobody around me that I can see.  I am walking in front of Watson's Funeral Home (of all places) and I hear someone do the type of whistle that sounds like "Yoo Hoo" and then the clearing of a throat.  I step to the side and prepare to give this person a very passive aggressive "what the heck?  All this sidewalk and you're like 18 inches away from me?" look but there is absolutely no other person on my side of the street for blocks.  

I'm positive I really did hear this and wasn't having some kind of acid flashback, was not drunk, stoned or fantasizing.  Although this is only a couple hundred feet from Jimi's statue his funeral was down the street at a funeral home which is now a pub called the Pine Box (highly recommend it) so it was unfortunately not the master trying to contact me.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 8

Why are you so sure it was not the master?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Why are you so sure it was not the master?

Maybe I need to rethink that.  I brush my hand on the shoulder of his statue a hundred meters or so up the street every time I walk by it, which is frequently.  I'm still thinking about a way to time travel so I can go meet him in person :tu:.  I'm pretty sure that if I find a way I can walk right up to him and say "Hi Jimi, I traveled back in time so I could hang out with you for a bit" and I think he wouldn't even question it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have it on good authority that Jimi is hanging out with Freddie, David, and James. :D

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm pretty sure I want this all to end.

Meaning? (you big party poop)

Edited by OverSword

33 minutes ago, acute said:

I have it on good authority that Jimi is hanging out with Freddie, David, and James. :D

I think it's Keith, Brian, Janis, Jim and probably George.

• Like 4

Who knows, it's just one of those things. It ghost exist then it could be a ghost, if ghost don't exist then it is probably just a random brain bleep from neurons crossing wires or something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Meaning? (you big party poop)

Nothing. Just venting on a random thread. Not having a very good time right now. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Who knows, it's just one of those things. It ghost exist then it could be a ghost, if ghost don't exist then it is probably just a random brain bleep from neurons crossing wires or something.

Yeah, and I wouldn't rule that brain bleep out.  Every time I walk past there I'm hoping it will happen again but no such luck. It really sounded real.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Okay, this happened last August.  I wasn't going to post this but.... what the heck.

So I'm walking down Broadway in the early evening and there is nobody around me that I can see.  I am walking in front of Watson's Funeral Home (of all places) and I hear someone do the type of whistle that sounds like "Yoo Hoo" and then the clearing of a throat.  I step to the side and prepare to give this person a very passive aggressive "what the heck?  All this sidewalk and you're like 18 inches away from me?" look but there is absolutely no other person on my side of the street for blocks.  

I'm positive I really did hear this and wasn't having some kind of acid flashback, was not drunk, stoned or fantasizing.  Although this is only a couple hundred feet from Jimi's statue his funeral was down the street at a funeral home which is now a pub called the Pine Box (highly recommend it) so it was unfortunately not the master trying to contact me.

Sound travels. 

Quit beating around the bush, tell us how you really feel.....:lol:

• Haha 2

Nirvana was okay when it was new but their music absolutely does not withstand the test of time.  Listened to nevermind a few weeks ago and it's just boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1