Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychokinesis – The Forgotten True Story From

macqdor

Psychokinesis – The Forgotten True Story From 1970’s Russia

Government agencies from many countries seek out individuals who may possess superhuman powers and can be used for government gains. During any major wars, this task is viewed as even more important. During World War II Soviet scientists discovered and studied a Russian woman named Nina Kulagina who had Psychokinesis: the able to move and manipulate objects with her mind.

Simple experiments had her move a box of matches inside a sealed transparent box. Other experiments went as far as have her manipulate and eventually stop the beating heart of the frog. This spooky ability may have been aimed at hurting enemies of the Red Army, but Nina admitted that she cannot do the same to a live human. It made her too tired.

more read at

https://articles.spiritsciencecentral.com/psychokinesis/?fbclid=IwAR3Slh5-kvvTFkLQyj3k3vvf8PrDw2c_uzZszVT5a6ALwYoAj_XRkXRudCI

spiritsciencecentral.com ??!!

Here's what is written about her on wikipedia:

Kulagina was suspected of utilizing hidden magnets and threads to perform her feats. She was caught cheating on more than one occasion, according to British authors Joel Levy and Mike Dash and American science writer Martin Gardner.

Many individuals and organizations, such as the James Randi Educational Foundation and the Italian Committee for the Investigation of Claims on the Paranormal (CICAP) express skepticism regarding claims of psychokinesis. Massimo Polidoro has written that the long preparation times and uncontrolled environments (such as hotel rooms) in which the experiments with Kulagina took place left much potential for trickery. Magicians and skeptics have argued that Kulagina's feats could easily be performed by one experienced in sleight of hand, through means such as cleverly concealed or disguised threads, small pieces of magnetic metal, or mirrors and the Cold War-era Soviet Union had an obvious motive for falsifying or exaggerating results in the potential propaganda value in appearing to win a "Psi Race" analogous to the concurrent Space Race or arms race.

Vladimir Lvov published an article in Pravda which accused Kulagina of fraud. Lvov wrote that she performed one of her tricks by concealing a magnet on her body. The article also reported that Kulagina had been arrested for cheating the public out of five thousand rubles. Science writer Martin Gardner described Kulagina as a "pretty, plump, dark eyed little charlatan" who had been caught using tricks to move objects. According to Gardner, she was "caught cheating more than once by Soviet Establishment scientists."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have heard of this before and found it very fascinating. I would love to see this stuff studied more deeply but like all paranormal subjects it geta bogged down by attacks that it is all fake (which is the most likely direction of this thread too).

Oh, well. Those of us interested can still learn what we can from the relatively few good sources out there.

I have heard of this before and found it very fascinating. I would love to see this stuff studied more deeply but like all paranormal subjects it geta bogged down by attacks that it is all fake (which is the most likely direction of this thread too).

Oh, well. Those of us interested can still learn what we can from the relatively few good sources out there.

what resonates with me @papageorge1 is the governments involvement.   The amount of gov't resources towards the possibility of Psychokinesis is astounding.  

i shared for that very reason. You get it!

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm like Fox Mulder. I want to believe! But so far there's zero evidence.

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

what resonates with me @papageorge1 is the governments involvement.   The amount of gov't resources towards the possibility of Psychokinesis is astounding.  

i shared for that very reason. You get it!

It's called propaganda.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So you missed this bit then? 

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This has been debunked to death, resurrection, and death again.

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

Always does. During the cold war research into psychic abilities was basically a urinating contest between powers. A whole lot of money was wasted for nothing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm like Fox Mulder. I want to believe! But so far there's zero evidence.

And I have found sufficient cumulative evidence for belief.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Didn't miss it at all, just, of course, disagreed with it. Resurrected arguments from anti-paranormal; groups like Guerilla Skepticism on Wikipedia. Such propaganda is not a source I respect as their agenda is a bit too obvious,

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And I have found sufficient cumulative evidence for belief.

But not an ounce of proof. Ever. See a pattern forming here?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

spiritsciencecentral.com ??!!

Here's what is written about her on wikipedia:

Why are there no specific examples of her cheating? I see a lot of people saying there is room for fraud, but no actual proven instances of them. 

If she had been caught cheating, then how? When? Under what circumstances? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Now that we're on the subject, I'd like to show this surprising find:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/long-fuse-big-bang/201503/mental-telepathy-is-real

What is that? How do you guys interpret this?

@danydandan @Harte ?

Well for one, it isn't mind to mind. That is all. 

22 minutes ago, Stiff said:

But not an ounce of proof. Ever. See a pattern forming here?

Yes, the pattern is that proof is not possible when lying and cheating can always be alleged.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, the pattern is that proof is not possible when lying and cheating can always be alleged.

Because it's all lying and cheating. Scamming and taking advantage of gullible people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Because it's all lying and cheating. Scamming and taking advantage of gullible people. 

I think the gullible people would resent you calling them gullible.  can everyone speak for themselves?

why do the skeptics fear information?

state your argument. your disbelief and let people make up their own minds.

who here is gullible? point them out to me.

for the record you just called someone a name. when u said "gullible."

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

who here is gullible? point them out to me.

The obvious 2 being you and papageorge

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2