Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychokinesis – The Forgotten True Story From

macqdor

Just now, XenoFish said:

Half rotten is the best. 

Maggots n all. Nom nom nom a nom.

• Haha 1

Let's think about this. If mediumship were 100% legit and easily trainable there would be no unsolved murders, no missing persons either. If telekinesis were 100% real and trainable then our tools would almost be useless. Same goes for telepathy, because if we can all read each other's minds, no crime could be committed. When you bring these supposed abilities down to a real world level things change. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, danydandan said:

No, the links in the OPs article.

Your one, while interesting, isn't mind to mind. It's mind to computer to internet to computer to mind.

Your choice to read all that crap, pal, your choice! :D

Mind -> PC/internet/PC -> Mind. Hmmm.... interesting!

14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Maggots n all. Nom nom nom a nom.

It's called Casu marzu!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Your choice to read all that crap, pal, your choice! :D

Mind -> PC/internet/PC -> Mind. Hmmm.... interesting!

Back to the skeptical vs spiritual section for me.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I'd say you have a history here on UM to accept any testimony given on the paranormal by total anonymous strangers. I don't recall seeing you ask for additional evidence. If you did do that, I've missed it.

I typically analyze likelihood based on everything known and estimate percentages. Anything but outright rejection constitutes belief to the vehement skeptic in their distorted analysis.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I typically analyze likelihood based on everything known and estimate percentages. Anything but outright rejection constitutes belief to the vehement skeptic in their distorted analysis.

Just say you believe every ghost story you read and be done with it. Because we all know you do. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Just say you believe every ghost story you read and be done with it. Because we all know you do. 

Just admit you are a hopelessly angry person and be done with it.

I could come on here under a different name and tell you I saw a lizard man walking through the woods and you've believe it georgie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Just admit you are a hopelessly angry person and be done with it.

I am. Figured it was quite obvious. Not like I deny it. Not like I'd recommend someone get a psychic to help their mentally ill mother. That would be messed up thing to do that. Poor judgement skills.

The thing is that when you pour your heart into something that you believe in. You practice it every single day. Just hoping to have some confirmation of an afterlife, psychic abilities, spirits, etc. And you come away with absolutely nothing solid. It's very disappointing. Every supposed psychic you met was a fake, if not down right delusional. The supposed magical warfare you got into was basically a contest of bluffs. You learn that it's all imagination and delusion. People who want so strongly to be important that they fall into a self inflating ego trap, but that bubble does burst Georgie. Like a red balloon. You like balloons Georgie? 

One of the thing I have noticed that people ignore what is for what isn't. If it doesn't conform to their beliefs they discard it. Sad thing is Georgie, I still want this stuff to be real. And I am constantly disappointed. All someone has to prove to me that the supernatural/paranormal is 100% real. Not this fake crap. Not from poorly done studies or pseudoscience. Not from believers who argue from the armchair. 

So, the conclusion of this thread must be that there is no evidence of Psi, unless it's Mind -> Computer -> Mind.

If I was a Psi fan I'd take the win!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

So, the conclusion of this thread must be that there is no evidence of Psi, unless it's Mind -> Computer -> Mind.

If I was a Psi fan I'd take the win!

Consider this thread is about psychokinesis it doesn't matter if it's a win or loss. 

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And I have found sufficient cumulative evidence for belief.

In all sincerity, I am glad for you that you have.  Best wishes.  I imagine it gets vexing to be surrounded by us who are skeptical.    Everybody sees things a little differently I suppose.  I tend to shoot holes in theories when I see a weakness.  It is not an evil intent. I would love to find the truth out there, but in my mind, any false claims I find just get in the way. 

• Thanks 1

I once thought that I'd used telekinesis to move something and it actually scared the **** out of me at the time. I was so relieved when I realised that I hadn't. I think it would be pretty overwhelming and an extremely dangerous attribute to have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I once thought that I'd used telekinesis to move something and it actually scared the **** out of me at the time. I was so relieved when I realised that I hadn't. I think it would be pretty overwhelming and an extremely dangerous attribute to have.

Back when I was practicing magick. Telekinesis was my benchmark. It was the one thing that would've prove to me all of it was real. Because if our thoughts could influence a small object then they could do so much more. Sadly, the word inconsistency took that belief away, along with false positives. The thing with micro-pk is that it's hard to distinguish probably from causal effect. Flipping a coin 1000 times and only getting 300 of the side you want isn't success.

All someone has to prove to me that the supernatural/paranormal is 100% real. Not this fake crap

Xenofish - news flash that's never going to happen.  The paranormal experience is as about as personal experience as they come.    People have reached out to me the world over.   Hundreds (all languages).  They've shared their similar experiences.  Its weird and funny sometimes - how can complete each others sentence almost when sharing our story.   Thats how personal the paranormal is.  No one can make you believe it.  You have to experience it for yourself. Life for reasons we can't explain hasn't introduced to it you.  Be careful what you wish for I say.   

The definition of something being fake is not 'because they can't prove it you.'  The definition of fake is you was there when the fakery occurred.   You witnessed it.    Someone of you have taken the word "debunk' "hoax" and "fake" to a whole new level.   Somethings are just means not be figured out.    Doesn't mean its "BS" like some of you like to say.

That expression "it takes one to know one" has never been more true.  People who experienced the paranormal know it better than their own name.    And lets analyze that word paranormal' for a second.   Paranormal doesn't mean the impossible.  It means the scientific (not logical) reason for why something hasn't happened as not been figured out yet.    Key word is YET.  That's all the paranormal means.

Less than 1% of this world population has experienced something paranormal.  Truly paranormal.   There's no way for them to prove it to the remaining 99%. Why?  Because the experience is personal.    The only silver lining from my experience has been a) its introduced me to some wonderful people, people I call friends now.   -People who went through something similar and b.) its got me asking questions I never imagined I'd be asking.    I wish you could see a chair levitate on its own. Or an object go through a wall.  Sorry.  That decision doesn't belong to me.  I didnt ask to see what I've seen.  I was chosen. As were the other 1%

Prove something to the skeptic?  That's a fools errand.

If you want to claim something supernatural or paranormal is real and can not prove it so you are useless. If these things are purely subjective then they are empty. Because without objective factual evidence at most it's a trick of the mind, at worst a delusion. All that's left are stories that should be treated as stories. Not treated as facts, not treated as real. Not believed in. Just a story. If it's real, it can be proven. Since it can not be proven, it isn't real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to claim something supernatural or paranormal is real and can not prove it so you are useless. If these things are purely subjective then they are empty. Because without objective factual evidence at most it's a trick of the mind, at worst a delusion. All that's left are stories that should be treated as stories. Not treated as facts, not treated as real. Not believed in. Just a story. If it's real, it can be proven. Since it can not be proven, it isn't real. 

you're statement contradicts itself.  I'm not trying to that THIS is real.  I'm retelling my own personal experience.   People with similar experiences identify with me. I identify with them.   I'm not trying to prove anything.   Your thinking is: No one should talk about the paranormal unless they can prove it 100%.  That's how your mind operates. My mind doesn't operate that way.    

How can I prove an object went through a wall when it only happened once? LOL

How can I prove a book caught fire by itself when the book didn't give me 24 hrs notice.  LOL

If the bible said Keith at 3:45 tomorrow I'm gonna catch fire.  That would get me some warning.  I would have some lead time to get people over to my house. 3:45 come, the book catches fire. Ah ha!   Its real. 50+ people saw it.  Doesn't work that way. Instead I share my experience.  Someone 3,000 miles away has had a similar experience or worse.  We can relate.

You and those like you. Are on the outside looking in. That urks you I can tell. You've never witnessed what I've witnessed. Odds are you never will.   Sorry!  The decision was not mine.  I didnt ask to see what I saw. I just did.   Being called a hoax, a faker, etc.  Comes with the territory.    The silver linings I mention ABOVE out weigh that.     A LOT !

15 hours ago, macqdor said:

what resonates with me @papageorge1 is the governments involvement.   The amount of gov't resources towards the possibility of Psychokinesis is astounding.  

i shared for that very reason. You get it!

Apparently the CIA worked with charlatans like Uri Geller

The perpetuation of lies annoys me. With so many How To videos/sites on telekinesis you'd think that someone would be able to authenticate such an ability. Hasn't happened, because it won't happen.

In our time, people got to the bottom of what scientists then lied that she does not possess telekinesis in order not to destroy the modern laws of physics.
But these experiments cost Kulagina a great loss of energy and health. She could also put her hand on the arm of another person and cause a burn or strong heating of a part of the body.

I don’t think that Christ cured sick people only by laying hands on, which means that the transfer of energy and power to restore human health is possible remotely in order to make changes in his body. And it is even more difficult to restore the decaying body of Lazarus.

We know that even non-physical creatures (poltergeist) can move and throw objects, and a person having developed supernormal abilities can also do it only it is not considered so important to develop.

12 hours ago, macqdor said:

You have to experience it for yourself.

Personal Experience is the most contrived BS on the face of the planet.  All magic, all religion has at its fundamental base...personal experience.  It's a sham.  We all have the same five senses.  We all know the Laws of Physics.  We all know that they govern not only every atom on the Earth, but every atom in the entire Universe.

I am still waiting for someone to levitate a quarter for 1 full second with their mind.  No one can.  Why?  Because it is impossible obviously...but no one can even show where it has been done...because it cannot be linked to Personal Experience.

And yet...some believe Ghosties can move physical objects because Consciousness is a powerful entity.  The only Power that Consciousness has is in the thoughts that take place in the Human Mind.  When the Human Brain dies...the Human Mind also dies.  

There are no ghosties...there are no supernatural happenings of any kind.  Every single thing in existence is governed by the laws of physics...which we did not create by the way...they are whether we are or not.

• Like 3