Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychokinesis – The Forgotten True Story From

macqdor

Even if someone could telekinetically levitate a quarter. The brain uses roughly 1 1/2 calories for heavy thinking, this would levitation by thought would require a greater calorie burn, increasing body heat in the brain, possibly killing someone. It takes less energy to just pick up that quarter than it would mentally moving it. It isn't energy efficient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I am still waiting for someone to levitate a quarter for 1 full second with their mind.  No one can.  Why?  Because it is impossible obviously...but no one can even show where it has been done...because it cannot be linked to Personal Experience.

Once it was noticed that during prayer the elder Seraphim(Seraphim of Sarov) stood in the air. This case is told to Princess E.S:

Her sick nephew, Mr. Ya, came to her from St. Petersburg. She, without hesitation, drove him to Sarov to Fr. Seraphim. The young man was embraced with such ailment and weakness that he did not walk on his own, and they carried him on the bed to the monastery fence. At that time, O. Seraphim stood at the door of his monastic cell, as if expecting to meet the paralytic. Immediately he asked to bring the patient to his cell and, turning to him, said: "You, my joy, pray and I will pray for you; just watch, lie as you lie, and do not turn around the other way." The patient lay for a long time, obeying the old man's words. But his patience weakened, curiosity tempted him to see what the old man was doing. Looking back, he saw Fr. Seraphim standing in the air in a prayer position and cried out from the surprise and unusualness of the vision. O. Seraphim, after completing a prayer, having approached him, said: "Behold, you will now interpret to everyone that the Seraphim is a saint, praying in the air ... The Lord will have mercy on you ... And you see, protect yourself with silence and do not tell to no one before the day of my death, otherwise your sickness will return again. " G. Ya., Indeed, got out of bed and, although relying on others, but already, on his own feet, left the cell. In the monastery hotel he was besieged by questions: "How and what did Fr. Seraphim do and what did he say?" But, to the surprise of all, he did not say a single word. The young man, completely healed, was again in St. Petersburg and again after a few time returned to the estate of Princess S. Here he learned that the elder Seraphim had restrained himself from his labors, and then told about his prayers in the air. One case of such a prayer was inadvertently discerned, but, of course, the elder more than once was erected to the air by the grace of God during his long prayer feats.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/put/sv/seraphim_sarov.htm

51 minutes ago, Coil said:

Once it was noticed that during prayer the elder Seraphim(Seraphim of Sarov) stood in the air. This case is told to Princess E.S:

Her sick nephew, Mr. Ya, came to her from St. Petersburg. She, without hesitation, drove him to Sarov to Fr. Seraphim. The young man was embraced with such ailment and weakness that he did not walk on his own, and they carried him on the bed to the monastery fence. At that time, O. Seraphim stood at the door of his monastic cell, as if expecting to meet the paralytic. Immediately he asked to bring the patient to his cell and, turning to him, said: "You, my joy, pray and I will pray for you; just watch, lie as you lie, and do not turn around the other way." The patient lay for a long time, obeying the old man's words. But his patience weakened, curiosity tempted him to see what the old man was doing. Looking back, he saw Fr. Seraphim standing in the air in a prayer position and cried out from the surprise and unusualness of the vision. O. Seraphim, after completing a prayer, having approached him, said: "Behold, you will now interpret to everyone that the Seraphim is a saint, praying in the air ... The Lord will have mercy on you ... And you see, protect yourself with silence and do not tell to no one before the day of my death, otherwise your sickness will return again. " G. Ya., Indeed, got out of bed and, although relying on others, but already, on his own feet, left the cell. In the monastery hotel he was besieged by questions: "How and what did Fr. Seraphim do and what did he say?" But, to the surprise of all, he did not say a single word. The young man, completely healed, was again in St. Petersburg and again after a few time returned to the estate of Princess S. Here he learned that the elder Seraphim had restrained himself from his labors, and then told about his prayers in the air. One case of such a prayer was inadvertently discerned, but, of course, the elder more than once was erected to the air by the grace of God during his long prayer feats.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/put/sv/seraphim_sarov.htm

Those stories have nothing to offer that I cannot find in JRR tolkien's trilogy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joc said:

Those stories have nothing to offer that I cannot find in JRR tolkien's trilogy

Listen, superpowers of yogis have long been known and levitation is included in 8 great superpowers but you can remain in ignorance then knowledge will pass you by. Nobody will show them to the public considering that even an оrthodox monk hid it from ordinary people.

According to some forms of Shaivism, the eight classical siddhis (Ashta Siddhi) or eight great perfections are:

Aṇimā: reducing one's body to the size of an atom
    Mahima: expanding one's body to an infinitely large size
    Garima: becoming infinitely heavy
    Laghima: becoming almost weightless
    Prāpti: ability to be anywhere at will
    Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires
    Iṣṭva: supremacy over nature
    Vaśtva: control of natural forces

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

some people have faked levitating but levitation is not fake.  

It's fake. No one can levitate. It is physically impossible for a human to suspend themselves unassisted off the ground. Unless you've got factual, testable, and repeatable proof to the contrary. 

36 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You do know that the levitation is fake, right?

Of course, this is a fake. This is one of them and this has nothing to do with real levitation.

Do not think that if a person levitates, then he loses energy or calories equal to the weight of the body being raised ... here another process is involved.

• Like 1

I can't speak to humans levitating.   I believe that its possible.  Their are nations, customs that speak of it.  I have seen with my own eyes objects levitate.  List as follows

1.) plant ( dart inches off the ground, 360 spin and fall back the ground)

2.) Plates

3.) candles

4.) More lamps than I can keep track of

5.) iron and ironing board

6.) beer bottle (twice)

7.) freaking bar stool and a 

8) chef knife

ive seen each object move (levitate) no less than twice

so in my mind. my universe. my paradigm yeah people can levitate.

can i prove it to you?  Nope.  if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes and on a few occasions ducked I wouldn't believe it either.

but i saw it so there

House warming party 2012

Two guest saw a plant levitate and zoom across the room

Totally unexpected.    One guest saw it better than everybody else.    Talk about mind blown.

changed their belief system totally.  rightfully so

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Anecdotal accounts mean nothing. 

And then experimental results (like Kulagina's) are dismissed by prejudiced skeptics just by anyone's unproven allegations of cheating and that the experimenters are ALWAYS incompetent. This type of skeptic (really just anti-paranormalists and not skeptics) create a game that they can't lose but many people that look deeper eventually become skeptical of the skeptics and see through the game.

I have come to honestly believe the anecdotal and experimental evidence for telekinesis is overwhelming.

Edited by papageorge1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And then experimental results (like Kulagina's) are dismissed by prejudiced skeptics just by anyone's unproven allegations of cheating and that the experimenters are ALWAYS incompetent. This type of skeptic (really just anti-paranormalists and not skeptics) create a game that they can't lose but many people that look deeper eventually become skeptical of the skeptics and see through the game.

I have come to honestly believe the anecdotal and experimental evidence for telekinesis is overwhelming.

I'm not even skeptical to this nonsense anymore. I don't believe. I don't believe because every psychic that has been put to the test has failed. The "psychic arms race" was a massive waste of money by the U.S. and Russia. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm not even skeptical to this nonsense anymore. I don't believe. I don't believe because every psychic that has been put to the test has failed. The "psychic arms race" was a massive waste of money by the U.S. and Russia. 

Or it was such a raging success that we've all had our brains altered via psychokenesis to make us believe it didnt work. :blink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Or it was such a raging success that we've all had our brains altered via psychokenesis to make us believe it didnt work. :blink:

That would be telepathy not psychokinesis.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

That would be telepathy not psychokinesis.:rolleyes:

Man i typed telekenisis first but didnt think that was right either , im just no good with mythology :lol:

Honestly I've seen and been involved in too many situations throughout my life where some unconscious form of intuition turned out to be accurate for me to not think that somewhere someone has figured out how to master that kind of stuff......but you're not wrong the facts certainly dont seem to point in that direction.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Man i typed telekenisis first but didnt think that was right either , im just no good with mythology :lol:

Honestly I've seen and been involved in too many situations throughout my life where some unconscious form of intuition turned out to be accurate for me to not think that somewhere someone has figured out how to master that kind of stuff......but you're not wrong the facts certainly dont seem to point in that direction.

Intuition is a normal human function. It's largely based on past experience. 

• Like 1

I've had some weird intuitions. weird coincidences that happened multiple times. Quadruples times.  I'm talking an infinite amount of times

1.)  I've left my house singing a song. get into my car and the song is playing,  radio and i are both on the same lyrics.   I've sung songs in my head, humming and person next to me is humming the same song. seconds later we get in car enter a restaurant or bar and the song is playing.  same verse and lyrics we're on

2.) Intuition - my ex could back me up on this.  we're sleeping . its dead of night. i wake up abruptly and raise up from my bed.   There's a spider in the house.   I hate spiders. GF hears me and yawns awake WTf%$# r u talking about about.  I get up. roam the house and sure enough. down stairs or elsewhere is huge spider crawling across the floor or ceiling. plain sight. Thats happened three times in the course of 5 yrs

3.) almost identical scenario - wake up abruptly.  There's a door window or door unlocked.   I walk around and sure enough one of the windows is open. GF forgot to close it before bed.  Weird thing about it.  I never knew the window was open n the first lace. GF looking at me dumb founded. "How did you know a window was open?"   Answer: I felt it  

Window was on far end of the house.  Thats happened several times. With doors and windows

4.) MOST PROFOUND - Aug 10th 2002 -

I had to rush from work to the ER. Immense heart palpitations.  Im talking serious chest pain, angst and anxiety.  Walked into the ER they hooked me up immediately. Running the whole (check for heart attack) procedure. had to have been 5pm Eastern Time.   They finally let me go around 11pm.  They couldn't find nothing wrong.   I had all the symptoms of a heart attack, except I had no heart attack. I get home around 11:30pm. My answering machine lights flashing. I press <PLAY>  Three missed calls from home. Mom called twice. Brother called once.

I called my mom. She said my dad had passed away(Central Time Zone).  Earlier that day (the time when i was on my way to the ER) She had dad were watching Dr. Phil on TV. He leaped up from the couch, grabbed his chest and fell over.  Died of a sudden heart attack. Mom asked me why was I so hard to get a hold of. I told her I was at the ER.  I checked myself in after having chest pains. Dr's found nothing wrong.    I was in the ER six hours.

I'm my dads oldest son. 1st born.  I know his passing and trip to the ER are spiritually/psychologically linked.

whats even weirder My Dad died Aug 10th 2002. His dad died Aug 10th 1992 [ten years to the day]

both death certificates have the same time of death. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

whats even weirder My Dad died Aug 10th 2002. His dad died Aug 10th 1992 [ten years to the day]

both death certificates have the same time of death. 

I'd have been a nervous b****** on 8/10/2012 if I were you.

• Haha 1

Spiritual peoples subjective experiences and the world of scientific reality don't mix. They never will.

The only reason for the arguing going on in this thread is because the OP used the words "true story" in the subject, and presented PK as a scientific fact, based on a person who has been caught cheating on several occasions. We will not let that pass.

If you want to discuss this as a personal subjective matter, present it as such, and we will not "attack" you. There would be no reason to (unless to tease a little). But if you try to make it science fact, we will counter-argue and shoot it down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

George you're a fine example of who the market caters to. The more outlandish, the more they know you'll buy into it. 

Actually I think there is an anti-paranormal clique that is worse and caters to a certain crowd with Randi, Guerilla Skeptics, CSICOP and etcetera made their scriptures.

My best honest analysis tells me the so-called paranormal is real beyond all sensible doubt and some people just don’t like it. Oh well. I’ll move on. I’ll argue some with those types just to edify bystanders not as studied on these subjects as me.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’ll argue some with those types just to edify bystanders not as studied on these subjects as me.

Just remember that you wrote this. Studied not practiced. You're an armchair commando George. 

Edited by XenoFish