Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hang glider cheats death in terrifying video

UM-Bot

28 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Most people couldn't hang on their own weight for long before letting go. He held on for 2:14 seconds.

Not that I've experienced anything like that...but it isn't called a death grip for nothing. You'd be surprised at the sudden inner strength you can come up with. 

• Haha 1

Note to self... Do as many pull ups and chin ups as possible before I hang glide which I'll never do. I skydived 1x. Went up15K feet while strapped to the instructors harness. The fall itself wasn't bad. Kind of euphoric but when he released the parachute & I saw the ground thousands of feet below while I'm dangling I just looked across the horizon straight & said never again LOL... I'm happy I did but won't again especially a hot air balloon. That's more insane

Well, at least the "instructor" didn't eat the memory card this time!

Go ahead, google it...

Edited by TrikeTrash
spelling

"...had been looking forward to the spectacular views over Switzerland,"

Somehow I don't think this is what he had in mind. ^_^

Edited by Unfortunately

"In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes"

- Andy Warhol -

• Like 1

Equally amazing is that he doesn�t appear to be planning to sue anybody anytime soon!

Didn't have brown pants ! But he will never forget to attach himself after that! Good teaching !

Edited by Jon the frog

wow, a close call.

my brother in law and i love flying,  we wanted to get a 2 seat gyro copter, but decided against it, after a short flight, . we got  4 seater plane, that is almost 40 years old, after some work, and engine overhaul, it is better than it was new,  kids love it more than anyone, they love flying and me and my brother in law love that we can take kids for a flight early in the morning on a weekend, have  either my wife or his take them home in the afternoon, and we get to spend time "maintaining the plane" , and wives will not be ringing our phones off the hook. so we have a day to hang out with other guys who own planes. talk about planes, and other stuff guys talk about.   some have garages for that, and work on cars, we live in a city,  in a condo. no personal garage,  so we have an airport and the plane instead.