Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No sale for Australia's Knickers the bull

Still Waters

Knickers looms above the thousands of other cattle that he feeds with in rural Western Australia.

At some 1,400kg (220st) and 194cm (6ft 4in), the seven-year-old is believed to be the biggest steer in a country home to millions of cattle.

And his size has proved to be his saving grace. When owner Geoff Pearson tried to put him up for auction last month, meat processors said they simply couldn't handle him - so Knickers avoided the abattoir.

He will now live out the rest of his life on Lake Preston feedlot in Myalup, 136km (85 miles) south of Perth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46357449

Video:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-30/knickers-the-cow-avoids-knackery-due-to-large-size/10439510

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This seems quite apt...

Wow...That looks photoshopped. I believe it, but it still looks photoshopped.
That makes me think of an idea I had a long time ago about photos and video on the internet, though. In this day and age, someone could post 100% real UFO (or any bizarre/paranormal phenomena footage) and we'd all say it was photoshopped. End of story. Kind of like how we always complain about poor quality footage, if some strikingly good footage showed up, it'd be shot down immediately with the "that's CGI!" complaint. 

Nothing is real anymore. If things ever were real, lol.

Edited by Seti42
  • Haha 1

That's fairly good size for a Holstein steer. The last Holstein bull we sold weighed in at 2205 lb and he was affectingly know as "Bone Crusher" . The Holstein bull before that was much larger and at least a foot taller but I have no idea what he weighed when sold.

Just so you know a Holstein bull's temperament is usually just plain old MEAN. :angry:

Cattle are like people and while normal is under 6' for a male human there are nonetheless exceptions like Shaqille O'Neil. I also suspect that he is more of a steer than a bull from his body shape.

Edited by DanL

I once paid 25 cents at a county fair in Indiana to see the world's largest cow. It was much taller than 6'3.  It was in a large tent and it was little scary to be next to something so big.  It was like an elephant without a trunk.

Edited by Big Jim
Original comment was cut off.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

Has anyone cowculated his height?

His height was cowculated to be about Micheal Jordon.

His weight is 4000 hamburgers

source