Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery seismic event leaves scientists baffled

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Mystery seismic event leaves scientists baffled

I read on NatGeo last night that the waves the event produced were highly unusual with a very low frequency, and that they were picked up at several observation points. My guess is some kind of rare underwater volcano activity?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

I felt it. I was drinking a beer and missed my mouth. I waw furious, blamed it on a earthquake, wife laughed. Who's laughing now!!!!

Probably still you wife.  They sometimes do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I read this story last night. Or at least half of it before my brain became too full of new terms and I had to rest it.

I think is not something that sounds,"good" in anyway.

In the course of my 45 years Mother Nature has done many amazing and incredible things I never thought possible. I do not like the fact that her imagination is far greater than mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

I think is not something that sounds,"good" in anyway.

Warmer planet, more tectonic and volcanic activity. It's going to get interesting in the next couple of centuries. :yes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

The article isnt so baffling, sounds like a volcano waking up.

Or a whole chain along a major fault. 

• Like 2

I guess we know what it was about now...Earthquake in Alaska 7.x on the Richter scale and tsunami watches..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or maybe one of particles accelerator experiments 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, joc said:

I guess we know what it was about now...Earthquake in Alaska 7.x on the Richter scale and tsunami watches..

My friends car fell in a hole in the road! Her and her kids are ok now but wow you dont see that coming... the road just falling apart while your on it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

My friends car fell in a hole in the road! Her and her kids are ok now but wow you dont see that coming... the road just falling apart while your on it.

I saw the pictures....car on road between massive cracks....phew....close one...glad they were okay Sweetheart!  

• Like 1

This didn't have anything to do with the Alaska earthquake...sorry y'all.

• Like 1

The Earth can speak, hear, see , feel, taste, smell, among other things.

And if a window to another dimension opens, then closes, who knows what that sounds like?

Perhaps the Earth received a transmission of some kind.

• Haha 1

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven .....

Since time is part of our dimension, when a door opens and closes to another, we might expect a disturbance.

So imagine what happens if an army crosses into ours.

‘And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Luke 16:26

Apparently, someone thought to explain, as best they could, what separates one dimension from another. 

Why bother explaining this, unless movement from one world to another, was possible, for those with the power to do so vs. those who are trapped?