Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ares_Zeusson

What martial arts do you practice?

37 posts in this topic

Ares_Zeusson
On 11/30/2018 at 11:52 AM, third_eye said:

The point is, dangerous to who ?

~

On 12/3/2018 at 12:09 AM, Avalanche said:

Some pick up martial arts just to assult and beat the **** out of some random drunk just for fun. 

Well.....There was one time my twin brother & I were drunk & fighting in the yard as usual & I did a downward ridge hand windmill thingy & just smashed his collar bone & permanently injured my thumb but that was over a decade ago & my brother is the only person on earth who's ever made me lose my temper & he's only 3 inches shorter than me but outweighs me by more than 60lbs so when I hit him I'm hitting him with a purpose because he will mess me up if I don't get him first.

Normally in any other altercation I'm not throwing any kinda strikes at all except for maybe a chicken wrist to the chin if it's feasible & viable. Never underestimate The Chicken Wrist!

danydandan
2 hours ago, Kid_Marx said:

Normally in any other altercation I'm not throwing any kinda strikes at all except for maybe a chicken wrist to the chin if it's feasible & viable. Never underestimate The Chicken Wrist!

I don't understand this, how can you not throw strikes in an altercation? 

Do you wrestle them? 

Ares_Zeusson
1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I don't understand this, how can you not throw strikes in an altercation? 

Do you wrestle them? 

No, I just mean I tend to stick to joint locks & throws.

danydandan
7 hours ago, Kid_Marx said:

No, I just mean I tend to stick to joint locks & throws.

Take it you've never actually been in a fight so? Joint locks? 

You finish a fight in the first three seconds. Kick to the balls, Wing Tsun style kick to the knee, headbutt to the centre of your opponents face. Or simply run away. 

Ares_Zeusson
29 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Take it you've never actually been in a fight so? Joint locks? 

LOL! Nah, I've been in a few. Unless someone likes having their shoulder dislocated joint locks are plenty sufficient for giving someone an attitude adjustment real quick.

29 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You finish a fight in the first three seconds. Kick to the balls, Wing Tsun style kick to the knee, headbutt to the centre of your opponents face. Or simply run away. 

I can't really argue against that. Seems about right. I'd just rather wait for my opponent to act first then react accordingly.

third_eye

I remember the one time during training when Master Teacher cracked us all up, How do you win every fight by avoiding any fighting ? he asked ...

~

Spoiler

... with a smile

~

Ares_Zeusson
12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I remember the one time during training when Master Teacher cracked us all up, How do you win every fight by avoiding any fighting ? he asked ...

~

Reveal hidden contents

... with a smile

~

Poop your pants?

MainerMikeBrown

If I ever decide to take up martial arts, I'd prefer to learn grappling.  But hopefully I'd never have to use it in a real fight.

Podo

I did Wing Chun for many many years. I've also done Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, xingyichuan, and chen tai chi. You'll have a good time with anything, as long as you stick with it.

• Like 1

Ares_Zeusson
On 12/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, MainerMikeBrown said:

If I ever decide to take up martial arts, I'd prefer to learn grappling.  But hopefully I'd never have to use it in a real fight.

Sambo maybe? It's one of those eclectic styles that utilizes aspects of Jujutsu, Aikido & Judo just to name a few.

Chronus

I don't yet. I want to though

Scholar4Truth

Karate.