Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skepticism!

danydandan

58 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Soup, I say Unicorn deer soup. a pie would be a waste of some good unicorn antler ...

~

What about Special Gosht Palak.

sa1820329980_16.jpg

That's GOSHT.  I really mean GOSHT!

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What rules Bigfoot out is lack of evidence. Theoretically, it's not a huge leap for such a creature to exist, not like it is for the afterlife to exist. 

if anything like this really existed- we would know for a fact by now..... & imo, the fact that we do not know can only mean <it does not exist> as i'm sure you'll agree ;)

as i've stated many times in places like this= the likes of you & i can produce a FACT.. something no believer in this kinda rubbish has ever managed to do.. here it is: there ARE NO FACTS, that's a fact;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I invited him to visit me. After visiting Saturn and the 'planet of three-breasted amazons' (the greatest movie Roger Corman never made) I thought a quick astral trip over the ditch would be no problem.

I invited him to illustrate his remote seeing powers. Offered to leave the room, pick up a random object and put it on my desk. I challenged his super power to report here what it was, and I would confirm or deny the description. 

Crickets. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

What if I have no superpowers? 

Ah heck, you can make them up. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

if anything like this really existed- we would know for a fact by now..... & imo, the fact that we do not know can only mean <it does not exist> as i'm sure you'll agree ;)

Indeed I do agree! 

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

as i've stated many times in places like this= the likes of you & i can produce a FACT.. something no believer in this kinda rubbish has ever managed to do.. here it is: there ARE NO FACTS, that's a fact;)

I've said that to Walker. He has said his backyard god is as real as my dog. 

I can take a photo of my dog, I can take my dog on a trip to doubting people and meet them

His god seems unable to achieve these feats of mundaness. 

And my dog has the super power of cuteness. It's rare that a human can resist the temptation to give her a pat. 

Ultimately this means my dog has more super powers than walkers God. 

• Haha 4

Betty.jpeg.1e2d1366e5c22774a549884410eec8a6.jpeg

Yeild to the might of my dogs cuteness God of Walker!!!!!!! 

Muahahahaha!!!!! :devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Indeed I do agree! 

I've said that to Walker. He has said his backyard god is as real as my dog. 

I can take a photo of my dog, I can take my dog on a trip to doubting people and meet them

His god seems unable to achieve these feats of mundaness. 

And my dog has the super power of cuteness. It's rare that a human can resist the temptation to give her a pat. 

Ultimately this means my dog has more super powers than walkers God. 

yep= god being dog backwards- that works for me;)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

that's a haggis!!!! how did you get it to calm down like that!?:o you, psyche, are my god

• Haha 3

Awwwwww! She's adorable! :wub:

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

that's a haggis!!!! how did you get it to calm down like that!?:o you, psyche, are my god

She is really spoilt. :)

That was after a big day out and a bath. :)

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

She's got a beautiful personality too. My hairy child. :wub:

Yeah, she means the world to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

hmmm... i have to disagree= there is no such thing as an adorable haggis

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm... i have to disagree= there is no such thing as an adorable haggis

nor an edible one either. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, eight bits said:

a cultural concept you've picked up from those around you and which was formulated independently of any experience you've had.

100% wrong, I use the word "poltergeist" because it is the nearest thing that others may have heard of. I'll leave you with your idiotic unicorn comparisons !

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

And she's only 2.9 kilos! 

She is really spoilt. :)

That was after a big day out and a bath. :)

She's got a beautiful personality too. My hairy child. :wub:

Yeah, she means the world to me. 

She looks just like my little Rosey...is she Havanese?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

100% wrong, I use the word "poltergeist" because it is the nearest thing that others may have heard of. I'll leave you with your idiotic unicorn comparisons !

So. 

Your a Unicorn hater huh. 

We don't take kindly to your type in these here parts. 

shirt-1525668437-d8c11a48c822099744ad4a2

Prove they don't exist. Some claim to have photographic evidence even. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, joc said:

She looks just like my little Rosey...is she Havanese?

My Betty is Maltese cross Toy Pom :)

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Awww, looks like my Zenny a bit.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hmm. thinking about it:

backwards= special needs etc

god= dog backwards...

jesus= sausage backwards...

maybe the deities do have a <tongue in cheek> sense of humour as well, rather than the usual: 'let's give a 3-year-old little girl bone cancer'B) oh joy

i wonder what came first?:

god & jesus or sausage dog? this is one for the scholars  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

:rolleyes:

~

In all fairness to myself, I just don't care about your Lies and tall tales ... now you are just demonstrating sociological meaniness much befitting of a psychopath

~

It seems you deconstructed too much of what little there is which leads many to conclude that you are now reduced to mumbling mumbo jumbled jumbo lies ... are you feeling okay ?

~

I am glad your incapacity to comprehend my sincerity is perceived as failings here amuses you, it does allows me further great pleasure and opportunities to expose you to a far greater extent in such similar circumstances, don't you expire inexplicably on me now you hear ?

~

Oh one last thing for the today/tonight my dear benumbed poseuse, I am Malaysian of Chinese descent, English is not my first language. I have to haggle between UK English and American English on a noun pronoun basis. 

For someone who did claimed such great astute sensibilities and powers of observation such as you did on numerous occasions, it seems you failed again on another big one

Ahhhh ... the joys of exposing another of your benign lies. I shall remain, as ever your accommodating sensory reality checker, don't walk into any more walls now you hear ?

~

Ok Then i excuse and understand  your difficulty with English.

It is much better than my Malay and even my Chinese :) 

That doesn't excuse your tone  or ignorant personal commentary, but i guess that is just who you are. 

8 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, I offered an opportunity for MW to evidence that speed reading (one of his many grandiose claims) as opposed to reading for comprehension making speed reading the better of the two, especially, since he made this claim. 

He not only turned it down, he had a variety of excuses...

I concur, he pays a major role in the conclusions most have arrived at about credibility of his claims, specifically.

Not excuses. Reasons. I could  so easily have cheated,  and presented mind blowing results. You knew i could so easily have cheated  (and if i had produced mind blowing results, would then have said so ) and so the whole test was pointless. 

It is not up to me to prove any claim, but to allow you a choice of belief or disbelief. It is not about proofs or evidences, but about what you choose to believe/disbelieve and why.

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

There are those that are driven by faith cognitively. 

Why are you puzzled that  I would be on a skepticism forum especially, if I am seeking to be rooted in reality? 

You expect something, unproven in history to be revealed here ? Surely not. As I say, the best fare here is anecdotal, the rest of it is just sniggering disbelievers who have residual doubts, who'd rather not have those doubts. One suspects Mr W is such a focus here, because they think they have pinned down a "woo" promoter telling porky pies, and of course if one is found, that must mean they are all doing it, right ? 

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Why don't you find the Beaumont children?

lol

If i encountered the killer, or someone who knew where the y were buried, I might be able to do so, (no promises ) but the talent seems to  be extracting knowledge from the   mind of a person.

Ive thought about it  lot and even tried my mind at it 

All i get is a shallow grave in the sand with galvanised iron(tin) sheeting over it.  Maybe an old coastal well or water hole) I suspect they will only be found when development of coastal dunes occurs, if ever.   

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You expect something, unproven in history to be revealed here ? Surely not. As I say, the best fare here is anecdotal, the rest of it is just sniggering disbelievers who have residual doubts,

set your own forum up then, Sherlock! you won't have to put up with the sniggering disbelievers, will ya!? but here you are in conflict, as usual-- tell me= what is your point/ what are you trying to prove?.. i genuinely do not understand what it is you want from this:unsure:

• The topic was locked