Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skepticism!

danydandan

4 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Nothing made up. The perspective is an accurate one.

You claim abilities that appear fantastical to others. You claim to be a great altruist. Evidencing your claims would show people that there is so much more to existence than many of them believed. Your refusal to do so damages your credibility in many eyes.

Anyhow, I was responding to Habitat and don't want to jump on the 'walker' bandwagon (you've got enough on your plate), and I know we'll just repeat conversations we've had numerous times. So I'll leave it there.

I don't refuse.  I tell you I cannot do such demonstrations on demand, on the internet, and possibly without genuine emotional concern.

It matters not if i cannot evidence those claims online. They are true and if you  talked to the people involved they would tell you EXACTLY the same.

I know the truth, and that is all that matters.    

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

set your own forum up then, Sherlock! you won't have to put up with the sniggering disbelievers, will ya!? but here you are in conflict, as usual-- tell me= what is your point/ what are you trying to prove?.. i genuinely do not understand what it is you want from this:unsure:

Try harder not to look like a died-in-the-wool ignoramus, jarmy !

Just now, Habitat said:

no=== answer the question.. i'll repeat the whole post for ya:

set your own forum up then, Sherlock! you won't have to put up with the sniggering disbelievers, will ya!? but here you are in conflict, as usual-- tell me= what is your point/ what are you trying to prove?.. i genuinely do not understand what it is you want from this:unsure:

6 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I would like to offer you some feedback on your sentence (quoted below):

"He uses big words but can't put them into a coherent sentence, and  uses words wrongly, indicating he doesn't actually know what the y mean." (MW).

First and foremost, the sentence is grammatically and syntactically incorrect. It's a run-on sentence. There should be a period between the 2 clauses instead of an "and."

It demonstrates the skill level of 8th grade English. I will rewrite it using the words you used:

"He uses big words, but cannot coherently produce a sentence, which indicates he does not comprehend the meaning of those words or how to use them properly."

Your critique to TE seems to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. 

LOL Actually, the sentence is near perfect. It is not run on. I could  have included a comma after "big words", but the use of punctuation is to guide the pauses of a reader, and emphasise  certain phrases,  and i really did not not want a pause there.    It could even have a few extra phrases and clauses. Only a primary student would be limited to single phrase  sentences 

There would only be a period if there were 3 phrases eg. "He uses big words but cant put them into a coherent sentence, mixes up tenses, and uses words wrongly,  indicating he doesn't actually know what they mean."   I meant that his use of words  wrongly was the indicator that he didn't know their meaning so only a comma and not a semi colon is correct . 

This is what i meant about inadequate formal learning in reading and writing. 

and is always to be used between the penultimate and ultimate word or phrase in a series of words or phrases, and ONLY then, in multiple word or phrase  groupings  It is also correctly used if there are only two words or phrases requiring joining. 

You need to pick your fights with me much more carefully.  I assessed and moderated university entrance exams and assignments in; English, Geography, and Australian Studies

I would expect a student at that level to be able to use sentences with 3 or 4 phrases in it, so that it was properly punctuated and easily followed, and NOT to use a series of short sentences,  like a young student.  

Edited by Mr Walker

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Indeed! 

What an ignorant fellow!! 

And after all the fine examples you have already displayed! I've never seen a more qualified ignoramus than your good self! 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no=== answer the question.. i'll repeat the whole post for ya:

If my being in conflict with people who ignorantly assume that I am wrong, is not to your tastes, tough titties !

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Update on the astral travel, he has revised this claim to include it is part of his dream life.

Also update on the 3 breasted Amazon, nothing more than the fantasy archives of a pimply faced  pubescent teenage boy. Lol 

Not revised, ALWAYS said and explained this As usual you were not listening but lost in your own translation of my writings :) 

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

You do have a touch of the theatrical about you Charlie ! My anecdotes are honest reportage of facts, if you can provide any reportage of unicorn sightings, I will be happy to study them !

Actually, your anecdotes are honest reports of reports, recounting the stories of others--not facts. By-the-way, according to "reports" only virgins get to see unicorns. Lots of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Not revised, ALWAYS said and explained this As usual you were not listening but lost in your own translation of my writings :) 

Sherapy seems to have an "intimate" knowledge of your psyche, I'm tipping you are in her dreams/nightmares !

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Irony is a lost art, as I had mentioned many a times before ... :yes:

~

How ironic!;)

• Like 1

Just now, Habitat said:

Sherapy seems to have an "intimate" knowledge of your psyche, I'm tipping you are in her dreams/nightmares !

lol i will see if she can tell what i was wearing last night while i slept. 

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

If my being in conflict with people who ignorantly assume that I am wrong, is not to your tastes, tough titties !

I'd class myself as a highly intelligent/ highly creative/ highly empathetic individual

Now Habit my dear friend- seriously-- I'm being serious now: 

what is it you're trying to achieve here?

I'll be honest with you= I'm trying to get across to folk that the supernatural etc does not exist due to lack of any form of (even the slightest bit of ) real evidence...

So come on, be an adult & talk to me........................ 

58 minutes ago, joc said:

She looks just like my little Rosey...is she Havanese?

And if so,  what is her other half ?

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually, your anecdotes are honest reports of reports, recounting the stories of others--not facts. By-the-way, according to "reports" only virgins get to see unicorns. Lots of luck!

That proves to me that you haven't read too much of what I've said, or a deliberate misrepresentation. Another lightweight from the peanut gallery !

35 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You expect something, unproven in history to be revealed here ? Surely not. As I say, the best fare here is anecdotal, the rest of it is just sniggering disbelievers who have residual doubts, who'd rather not have those doubts. One suspects Mr W is such a focus here, because they think they have pinned down a "woo" promoter telling porky pies, and of course if one is found, that must mean they are all doing it, right ? 

Na; they fear and hate me, because i  am all powerful human god who exposes their own mundanities :)

They are the humans who, throughout history, have tried to bring everything down  to their tiny size,  make everyone conform to their limited imaginations,  and denied all realities other than their own .  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

I'm trying to get across to folk that the supernatural etc does not exist due to lack of any form of (even the slightest bit of ) real evidence

A shame your presumption is wrong. Do adhere to this maxim, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". It will serve you well, because it is the truth. There are not many here that haven't fallen into this fool's trap of imagining they can deem what many others report as real, as non-existent.

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That proves to me that you haven't read too much of what I've said, or a deliberate misrepresentation. Another lightweight from the peanut gallery !

We are all just here to see you king peanut :lol:

Its the world against you remember? 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Most of what you say is in dispute of what others have to say about what little substance there is in your "reports", the gist of which is--"How dare you ignorant fools disbelieve what I can't prove." A walk in the waters of  your posts, hardly gets my feet wet.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

A shame your presumption is wrong. Do adhere to this maxim, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". It will serve you well, because it is the truth. There are not many here that haven't fallen into this fool's trap of imagining they can deem what many others report as real, as non-existent.

I really don't see how absence of evidence is not evidence of absence includes making stuff up. 

There's a purple people eater in my closet - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I really don't see how absence of evidence is not evidence of absence includes making stuff up. 

There's a purple people eater in my closet - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

No but the absence of evidence and absence of anything, too, pretty much puts a stake through it's heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

you still haven't told me your point in posting in here? i've told you why i post... it seems you're unable to have an adult conversation with a self confest highly intelligent/ highly creative/ highly empathetic individual.. am iright?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Not excuses. Reasons. I could  so easily have cheated,  and presented mind blowing results. You knew i could so easily have cheated  (and if i had produced mind blowing results, would then have said so ) and so the whole test was pointless. 

It is not up to me to prove any claim, but to allow you a choice of belief or disbelief. It is not about proofs or evidences, but about what you choose to believe/disbelieve and why.

I think because you couldn't cheat was the problem. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You and Charlie are slipping, purple people eaters are not reported by anyone sane, as real !

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You and Charlie are slipping, purple people eaters are not reported by anyone sane, as real !

But........ absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. What do reports matter? 

I already gave you a couple links to Unicorn sightings. You're just in denial. They every bit as real as ghosts are. 

Are you insinuating that morse code from the other side is a sane proposition??? 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

now you're acting like a child!! answer my question

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked