Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danydandan

Skepticism!

2,446 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

psyche101
3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You and Charlie are slipping, purple people eaters are not reported by anyone sane, as real !

But........ absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. What do reports matter? 

I already gave you a couple links to Unicorn sightings. You're just in denial. They every bit as real as ghosts are. 

Are you insinuating that morse code from the other side is a sane proposition??? 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You and Charlie are slipping, purple people eaters are not reported by anyone sane, as real !

now you're acting like a child!! answer my question

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Most of what you say is in dispute of what others have to say about what little substance there is in your "reports", the gist of which is--"How dare you ignorant fools disbelieve what I can't prove." A walk in the waters of  your posts, hardly gets my feet wet.

You know nothing of the substance of my reports, hence, as an intelligent man, you would say, "who knows whether there is anything to it". You are not that man ! You and your ilk here , appear petrified that would make you a dupe, if I was somehow shown to be a liar. It wouldn't though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
21 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Sherapy seems to have an "intimate" knowledge of your psyche, I'm tipping you are in her dreams/nightmares !

I'm not his. I'm my own person thanks very much. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

But........ absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. What do reports matter? 

I already gave you a couple links to Unicorn sightings. You're just in denial. They every bit as real as ghosts are. 

Are you insinuating that morse code from the other side is a sane proposition??? 

There are no reports, of these fictitious inventions, you galah !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No but the absence of evidence and absence of anything, too, pretty much puts a stake through it's heart.

Don't you DARE try to stake my poor purple people eater!

She only eats the persnickety posers prone to pish me off!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You know nothing of the substance of my reports, hence, as an intelligent man, you would say, "who knows whether there is anything to it". You are not that man ! You and your ilk here , appear petrified that would make you a dupe, if I was somehow shown to be a liar. It wouldn't though.

Thanks for proving my point and as matter-of-fact unicorns do exist, they just don't look very much like their closest living relative, the horse.

Indian_rhinoceros8.jpg
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You know nothing of the substance of my reports,

Maybe not, but in giving a report, would it not be better to provide some evidence of the occurrence, rather than lashing out at those seeking verification?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
24 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol i will see if she can tell what i was wearing last night while i slept. 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
Just now, psyche101 said:

But........ absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. What do reports matter? 

I already gave you a couple links to Unicorn sightings. You're just in denial. They every bit as real as ghosts are. 

 

yep... like I've always said:

 how many years will take to change:  <absence of evidence is not evidence of absence> TO  <absence of evidence can only logically mean evidence of absence> 10/50/200 years?

will some be so engulfed in fantasy that they'll STILL be wondering the meaning of crop circles in 200 years time!?!? oh joy

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

Maybe not, but in giving a report, would it not be better to provide some evidence of the occurrence, rather than lashing out at those seeking verification?

There is no evidence I can provide, that would be conclusive of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Don't you DARE try to stake my poor purple people eater!

She only eats the persnickety posers prone to pish me off!

Bah, she doesn't hold a candle to my frumious Bandersnatch. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep... like I've always said:

 how many years will take to change:  <absence of evidence is not evidence of absence> TO  <absence of evidence can only logically mean evidence of absence> 10/50/200 years?

will some be so engulfed in fantasy that they'll STILL be wondering the meaning of crop circles in 200 years time!?!? oh joy

 

And you'd still be wrong, jarmy, the "other" realm has us under the microscope, not the other way around, as much as that idea may rankle. What is clear, to me, is that the "beyond" is quite happy that witnesses report. But that those not meant to see, don't. 

Edited by Habitat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

There is no evidence I can provide, that would be conclusive of it. 

Then you only have conjecture, not facts, and the vitriol that you spew on others for disputing your conjecture does nothing to either enhance your reputation or to prove your point.

To be honest, I see your posturing to be similar to a youngster stamping her foot and saying "But it's true" when she is caught telling a tall tale.

I am not impugning your intelligence with that statement, but due to lack of evidence, you are falling back onto an emotional defense of your position.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Bah, she doesn't hold a candle to my frumious Bandersnatch. 

Piffle! She has two of them for afternoon tea! :P

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep... like I've always said:

 how many years will take to change:  <absence of evidence is not evidence of absence> TO  <absence of evidence can only logically mean evidence of absence> 10/50/200 years?

will some be so engulfed in fantasy that they'll STILL be wondering the meaning of crop circles in 200 years time!?!? oh joy

 

Because it doesn't strictly hold true.

See the Collatz Conjecture and Extraterrestrial Life.

To hold both of these examples as true mandates some arbitrary level of reasonable intuition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There are no reports, of these fictitious inventions, you galah !

Indeed there are you poor uninformed ignoramus. Remember absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Reports have been tendered in antiquity right through to modern day sightings. 

A Greek doctor, Ctesias, way back in the 4th century BC, who wrote quite seriously of such creatures during his travels through Persia. In fact, famous historical figures who claimed to have encountered unicorns were Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, and Confucius. Even in 1991, the renowned Austrian naturalist Antal Festetics allegedly saw a unicorn while filming a wildlife documentary in the Harz Mountains. A video of a supposed unicorn was taken in 2010 in the wetlands of the Don Valley, near Toronto, Ontario, Canada by a local birdwatcher named Peter Hickey-Jones. I've already linked you to the sighting made in the highlands of Wick in Caithness, Scotland, in 2014, and from North Korea we even have a photo. 

Kiringul

 

 

That's a lot more evidence than you have for your claim isn't it? 

Maybe you should grab a pack of sunflower seeds to snack on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

And you'd still be wrong, jarmy, the "other" realm has us under the microscope, not the other way around, as much as that idea may rankle. What is clear, to me, is that the "beyond" is quite happy that witnesses report. But that those not meant to see, don't. 

you still still still have not answered my question, mate!!! do i need to repeat it!?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
25 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You know nothing of the substance of my reports

So POST THE BEST EXAMPLE and stop playing these stupid games.

  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Because it doesn't strictly hold true.

See the Collatz Conjecture and Extraterrestrial Life.

To hold both of these examples as true mandates some arbitrary level of reasonable intuition.

 

nope, you've lost me there= the existence of Extraterrestrial Life has nothing to do with what i'm saying...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
21 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep... like I've always said:

 how many years will take to change:  <absence of evidence is not evidence of absence> TO  <absence of evidence can only logically mean evidence of absence> 10/50/200 years?

will some be so engulfed in fantasy that they'll STILL be wondering the meaning of crop circles in 200 years time!?!? oh joy

 

Well, Darwin made sense of evolution  over 100 years ago but look at the claimed statistics of people who still believe Adam and Eve is a factual account about the rise of man. If that's accurate, its disappointing that so many eschew knowledge for fantasy. 

Some just seem to need that superstitious security blanket to get through their day. If you disturb that blanket, they just pull it tighter about them. 

I honestly feel that is a sad situation. And it's why religion is not benign, even when personal. 

Edited by psyche101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Then you only have conjecture, not facts, and the vitriol that you spew on others for disputing your conjecture does nothing to either enhance your reputation or to prove your point.

To be honest, I see your posturing to be similar to a youngster stamping her foot and saying "But it's true" when she is caught telling a tall tale.

I am not impugning your intelligence with that statement, but due to lack of evidence, you are falling back onto an emotional defense of your position.

I have been very conservative about what I have said, does not matter to me that people don't accept anecdotes as fact, I have never asked or expected they would, but I have been called a liar by the Peanut-in-chief, among others here, and not a single one of the junior peanuts has protested ! I take that as an endorsement of the "liar" claim, and why wouldn't I !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

nope, you've lost me there= the existence of Extraterrestrial Life has nothing to do with what i'm saying...................

What?  How does it have nothing to do with what you're saying?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
15 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Then you only have conjecture, not facts, and the vitriol that you spew on others for disputing your conjecture does nothing to either enhance your reputation or to prove your point.

To be honest, I see your posturing to be similar to a youngster stamping her foot and saying "But it's true" when she is caught telling a tall tale.

I am not impugning your intelligence with that statement, but due to lack of evidence, you are falling back onto an emotional defense of your position.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Well, Darwin made sense of evolution  over 100 years ago but look at the claimed statistics of people who still believe Adam and Eve is a factual account about the rise of man. If that's accurate, its disappointing that so many eschew knowledge for fantasy. 

Some just seem to need that superstitious security blanket to get through their day. If you disturb that blanket, they just pull it tighter about them. 

I honestly feel that is a sad situation. 

i don't even have reply saying i agree 100%- but i have;) logic & basic common sense WILL always rule

oh what fun:D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.