Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pork sausages at Germany Islam event

Unusual Tournament

Anger over pork sausages at Germany Islam event

_104561652_mediaitem104561651.jpg

Germany's Interior Ministry has said it regrets serving pork sausage at a conference on Islam in Berlin earlier this week.

The ministry said the food selection had been designed for the "diverse religious attendance" at the German Islam Conference in Berlin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46406120

• Haha 3

All food was clearly marked. They werent the only ones there, they need to deal with it.

.....that being said I cant be convinced that some folks werent snickering at some point between menu design and food production. Someone knew what they were doing by choosing blood sausage of all things :lol:

• Like 2

201504_1846_fafif_sm.jpg

• Haha 6

Maybe the German organizers expected a huge Jewish turnout and didn't want them to miss out too ...

~

[00.00:08]

~

• Haha 1

Because maybe the conference on Islam had people there who were not Islamic? 

Just don't eat from that stand if you don't believe in eating sausage 

• Like 4

Um, it was a conference on Islam was it not? The vast majority of attendees were Muslim were they not?

The menu wasn't designed to accommodate diverse beliefs. It was designed to offend.

• Like 1

I wonder if any Hindus were invited and then told at the beef stands to look, sniff but no eat ...

~

• Like 1

My hometown is one of the most German cities in America, with an Oktoberfest second only to Munich's.  Sausages are standard fare at most festivals, whether German based or not.  I'd guess that the German's didn't give it a second thought and surely meant no insult or malice.  Sausages are just standard fare.  On the other hand, when are Muslims not offended?  They seem to take offense at everything other than complete cultural capitulation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Um, it was a conference on Islam was it not? The vast majority of attendees were Muslim were they not?

The menu wasn't designed to accommodate diverse beliefs. It was designed to offend.

i agree. still the brazenness of serving pork at this Islamic conference does draw a chuckle or two. 

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

I wonder if any Hindus were invited and then told at the beef stands to look, sniff but no eat ...

~

for some strange reason the impression i get is that vegetarians are less troublesome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a BS. I checked the issue and here are the facts: there was a buffet at the conference and 13 different meals were offered from fish, meat and vegetarian as well. In addition, all halal style meals were clearly marked as such.

BTW, the complaint was given by (Bavarian) Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, who is a very good example for the fact that too much Blutwurst is reducing the IQ by 1 point per year (he is 69 now).

Holy %hit!

• Like 4

No one expects a Muslim event to be all inclusive. It's their way or the highway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No one expects a Muslim event to be all inclusive. It's their way or the highway.

The German Islam Conference isnt a Muslim event, its an annual held meeting where 15 representatives of the German federal government and 15 representatives of various Germany unit Muslim communities participate.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

for some strange reason the impression i get is that vegetarians are less troublesome. 

... on the hand, some of those militant vegans nowadays ... I've witnessed some rather unsavory exchanges when a customer at a Vegan Restaurant pulled out a leather wallet to pay for the meal , ay yay yay yay ...

~

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toast said:

What a BS. I checked the issue and here are the facts: there was a buffet at the conference and 13 different meals were offered from fish, meat and vegetarian as well. In addition, all halal style meals were clearly marked as such.

BTW, the complaint was given by (Bavarian) Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, who is a very good example for the fact that too much Blutwurst is reducing the IQ by 1 point per year (he is 69 now).

Holy %hit!

So another white liberal taking offense on behalf of minority’s who were probably indifferent or at least unsurprised. That’s brand new. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toast said:

The German Islam Conference isnt a Muslim event, its an annual held meeting where 15 representatives of the German federal government and 15 representatives of various Germany unit Muslim communities participate.

Why? 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

So another white liberal taking offense on behalf of minority’s who were probably indifferent or at least unsurprised. That’s brand new. 

Horst Seehofer a liberal? Lol!

17 hours ago, Big Jim said:

My hometown is one of the most German cities in America, with an Oktoberfest second only to Munich's.  Sausages are standard fare at most festivals, whether German based or not.  I'd guess that the German's didn't give it a second thought and surely meant no insult or malice.  Sausages are just standard fare.  On the other hand, when are Muslims not offended?  They seem to take offense at everything other than complete cultural capitulation.

'They' are a whole religious congregation consisting of countless different denominations and levels of orthodoxy. The fact you sweep them all on one pile says more about you than it does about 'them'.

Also, try and organise a Jewish event and start serving all sorts of non kosher food, and see what'll happen. Sure, any critique coming from the Jewish visitors will not be 'hot news', like the case with these 'intolerant (and backward) Muslims' we all love to see as.. well.. 'them', but you best be sure there will be a very, very similar reaction. We'd all understand that though wouldnt we, we would probably lament the insensitivity, stupidity of any local government serving pork to Jews. Not so much when it comes to Muslims though, funny thing that..

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, toast said:

From the link:

He went on to stress the role played by the Conference in providing an incentive for questions related to the practical exercise of religion, for instance the introduction of Islamic religious instruction at state schools or the establishment of chairs for Islamic theology at German Universities

Well, can't say I'm in agreement with that. 

• Like 1