Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

Still Waters

Former US President George HW Bush has died at the age of 94 at home in Houston, Texas.

Bush Sr served as the 41st US president between 1989 and 1993, his term defined by the end of the Cold War and the first Iraq war against Saddam Hussein.

While his health had been failing in recent years, he still managed to make public appearances.

The former president died at 22:10 local time on Friday (04:10 GMT Saturday), a family spokesperson said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46410225

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

In 1990, Mr. Bush went so far as to proclaim a “new world order” that would be “free from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice and more secure in the quest for peace — a world in which nations recognize the shared responsibility for freedom and justice. A world where the strong respect the rights of the weak.”

And 28 years later... Thoughts?

There's SO MUCH I could say about him right now, but don't have the time. But for now, I will say this...

:gun: Iran/Contra :gun:
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Lemieux said:
In 1990, Mr. Bush went so far as to proclaim a “new world order” that would be “free from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice and more secure in the quest for peace — a world in which nations recognize the shared responsibility for freedom and justice. A world where the strong respect the rights of the weak.”

There's SO MUCH I could say about him right now, but don't have the time. But for now, I will say this...

Yup, he was president back in the days I was still a Republican.  His message is too "globalistic" for today's party.

He was 94, he lived a full life.

• Like 1

I hope nobody starts seeing burning bushes ...

~

2 hours ago, Lemieux said:

HW believed in strong independent nations working together free from dictators, for justice and peace and then the globalists hijacked the sentiment to be some combination of the UN and EU in a One World Government.  When you live long enough, history of your nation is marked by the passing of Presidents.  I was born at the end of the Eisenhower years and my first memories was of the assassination of JFK.  I remember how a nation mourned.  I have never felt such great sorrow as that.  That was pretty traumatic for a nearly 3-year old.  Later, in a four year period, we lost Dwight then Harry then Lyndon.  We went 20 years before the next one, which was Nixon and then another 10 for a quick succession of Reagan and Ford.  As I read off those names, our history came alive in your memories.  Their passing is indeed to remember where we came from but also reflect on where we're going.

• Thanks 1

Whatever his domestic politics may have been like, I do think he deserves respect for his war record. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You have to take a very close look behind the veil to understand that this was not a real patriot.

His selection of Dan Quayle as his vice presidential running mate, likely helped pave the way for his eldest son. He selfishly chose the village idiot as his VP, which is the worst service to your country that you can possibly give.

President Bush’s son would prove to be another village idiot in the White House.

In memory of this man’s death, now and until Doomsday, a tsunami of darkness  will cloaks the state of Texas .... the breath of a dragon, the only light they see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/1/2018 at 2:43 PM, Vlad the Mighty said:

Whatever his domestic politics may have been like, I do think he deserves respect for his war record. 

Agreed.  He came from a life of privilege and volunteered to serve in what he considered a just cause.  He also taught Conservatives a great lesson about the risks of compromise with a Party that had no honor.  It cost him his second term and it should have done.  I believe that the starting point for the downward spiral in the civility of our politics began with Bill Clinton's campaign and especially with his manager, James Carville.  That said, I can even have respect for Bill as a politician who was willing to compromise for the good of the nation.  W did SOME of that but Obama never even tried it.  His first meeting with the opposition set the tone for his 8 years - "I won"...

• Like 2

My Grandfather B met him while in office. We have the photo somewhere but I heard that he took time to meet people. So I'm grateful that he took the time out of his day to meet a random Grandfather that he didn't know from anybody. They're up there cracking jokes with Reagan, his wife, his wife, and my Grandparents. Father Bush and my Grandfather are talking about their time in the military.

RIP.

Edited by Princess Serenity
  • Like 1

A wonderful farewell for a kind and decent man who devoted his life to the service of others. RIP 

• Like 1

I think I’ll go with my Moms advice, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. 

• Like 2