Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

State of Emergency for France?

Eldorado

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm absolutely convinced it is. If I wasn't, I wouldn't even comment your choice of president. Your president, your choice, I mean, how else? I never noticed that some tectonic change on international stage follows your new presidents.   

This is different. In disastrous way. You've got an Russian asset posing as the president. *faints a little* The longer he festers in the POTUS seat, the harder it will be to take the stench out. 

'scuse my bluntness, but that's my opinion. 

Also, even if he wasn't Russian asset (yes he is), he's still the embodiment of seven deadly sins. I'm not liberal enough to accept that. 

A Russian puppet who just so happens to have sanctions in place on Russia.

Thats logical lmao.

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

This is going off the subject of France, I know, but a qualified psychiatrist would make a packet out of this, this belief of yours that sees Putin(TM) as the demonic force behind everything that challenges the assumptions that Clinton would and should have won the 2016 election, and that anyone could possibly not be happy and content with the great European community of nations. It could only be because they're under the control of Putin(TM) that anyone might have voted that they no longer wanted to be part of the great peaceful community of nations?  This is some industrial grade paranoia right there. You refuse to believe that people could be capable of deciding for themselves? We know you see the Great Peaceful Community of Nations as the only thing preventing Putin form launching his Blitzkrieg across the Baltic States, Poland and the Former Yugoslavia, but do you honestly not see anything undemocratic and authoritarian about the Great Peaceful Community of Nations, or if you do do you have no problem with that?

I could ask the similar - what makes you so afraid of the EU? What exactly do you find so unacceptable in a bunch of neighbours trying to make living easier and safer for the neighbourhood? 

What makes you think it wasn't my own decision, among majority of my countrymen, that our country joins the EU?

What guarantee can you remind me of, besides NATO (now possibly already screwed up by Trump) and the EU (economic tools, rather than weapons, so far) that would stop expansionist Russia? Is Ukraine not enough, even for you, to notice what's going on and how they do it? 

What is the point of acting like you can't see how Russian Internet warfare works? 

Etc.    

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Where is the evidence to support this?

Or do the thought processes you go through require none?

How else would you explain Russian bot support for riots in France, that otherwise has completely acceptable living standard? 

I don't usually wait for courts to rule that yes, the car went through red light. I see it for myself and let the idiot pass.  

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

A Russian puppet who just so happens to have sanctions in place on Russia.

Thats logical lmao.

Trump was and still is against sanctions against Russia. He said that as early as in campaign. So not exactly a shock to his voter base or sympathizers elsewhere in the world. His positive attitude towards totalitarian regimes is why he finds support, regardless of his lack of any skill, plan or sense. 

36 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What exactly do you find so unacceptable in a bunch of neighbours trying to make living easier and safer for the neighbourhood?

A lot of undesirables have moved in, so were moving out.

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

How else would you explain Russian bot support for riots in France, that otherwise has completely acceptable living standard? 

I don't usually wait for courts to rule that yes, the car went through red light. I see it for myself and let the idiot pass.  

Trump was and still is against sanctions against Russia. He said that as early as in campaign. So not exactly a shock to his voter base or sympathizers elsewhere in the world. His positive attitude towards totalitarian regimes is why he finds support, regardless of his lack of any skill, plan or sense. 

France has austerity and has had it for years. The people are struggling not enjoying a high quality of life. Millions are them are quite literally living from paycheque to paycheque.

Who cares if Russian media support or against the riots. Last time I checked the French media were not the Russian media lol. Like anybody in Frances watches or listens to Russia media outlets.

Trump is loyal to the UK and backs sanctions because of the nerve gas attacks on UK citizens and the annexation of Crimea.

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

France has austerity and has had it for years. The people are struggling not enjoying a high quality of life. Millions are them are quite literally living from paycheque to paycheque.

Who cares if Russian media support or against the riots. Last time I checked the French media were not the Russian media lol. Like anybody in Frances watches or listens to Russia media outlets.

I won't defend austerity. Both you and the peacefully protesting French are right about that. (Note that I support peaceful protests, and am able to distinguish them from provocateur mob.)

I'm against violence, vandalism and hijacking legitimate protests - this is where Russians come into the story. They're trying to profit politically from the riots in France and it's (partially) working - even in this thread there were few people who refused to pay any attention to the fact that what happened in France was obviously wrong way to protest (you definitely won't have higher living standard if you push your economy deeper in crap by damaging tourism, for example). Instead, you all swallowed propaganda bait and rushed to gloat over relatively insignificant turbulence in French daily political life. Like it proves the myth you base your Brexit on, that any country in the EU will for some magical reason crash and burn. And Russian bot army eagerly spreads that myth. You might keep believing they're doing that for you, but it's actually against you. You would be able to see it if you weren't so dependent on your chauvinist... sorry, jingoist myth.  

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Trump is loyal to the UK and backs sanctions because of the nerve gas attacks on UK citizens and the annexation of Crimea.

Congratulations on having Trump's loyalty :lol: I consider it quite fitting punishment for your chauvinism jingoism. 

He's not backing any sanctions against Russia, it's just that he has no clue how to close an umbrella, let alone do something as complex as removing sanctions against the most prominent American adversary. In other words, he is Russian asset, but the rest of the US is not. 

Also, if you didn't know he openly said on numerous occasions that he wants sanctions stopped, you are tragically uninformed. If you chose to forget that, you're tragically irrational. 

I think we're done with this thread, since we're obviously repeating ourselves. So don't be sad if I don't reply to your next repetition, since I'd probably simply repeat myself :D  

59 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I won't defend austerity. Both you and the peacefully protesting French are right about that. (Note that I support peaceful protests, and am able to distinguish them from provocateur mob.)

I'm against violence, vandalism and hijacking legitimate protests - this is where Russians come into the story. They're trying to profit politically from the riots in France and it's (partially) working - even in this thread there were few people who refused to pay any attention to the fact that what happened in France was obviously wrong way to protest (you definitely won't have higher living standard if you push your economy deeper in crap by damaging tourism, for example). Instead, you all swallowed propaganda bait and rushed to gloat over relatively insignificant turbulence in French daily political life. Like it proves the myth you base your Brexit on, that any country in the EU will for some magical reason crash and burn. And Russian bot army eagerly spreads that myth. You might keep believing they're doing that for you, but it's actually against you. You would be able to see it if you weren't so dependent on your chauvinist... sorry, jingoist myth.  

Congratulations on having Trump's loyalty :lol: I consider it quite fitting punishment for your chauvinism jingoism. 

He's not backing any sanctions against Russia, it's just that he has no clue how to close an umbrella, let alone do something as complex as removing sanctions against the most prominent American adversary. In other words, he is Russian asset, but the rest of the US is not. 

Also, if you didn't know he openly said on numerous occasions that he wants sanctions stopped, you are tragically uninformed. If you chose to forget that, you're tragically irrational. 

I think we're done with this thread, since we're obviously repeating ourselves. So don't be sad if I don't reply to your next repetition, since I'd probably simply repeat myself :D  

The French have a different mentality where you protest and riot to get redress when the Government doesnt listen. Its part of their history, its how Napoleon got into power and something they consider their national right.

In the UK the media is anti-Russian due to the recent nerve gas attacks. So their stories are not Russian bots. And UK media says a quarter of a million Frenchies are rioting due to financial hardship. We dont have Russian bots here, our media is almost entirely anti-Russian. Our media is anti-trump too but I like the guy and would vote for him if I was American.

Edited by RabidMongoose

France will deploy tens of thousands of police nationwide and around 8,000 in Paris on Saturday to handle a fifth weekend of ‘yellow vest’ protests, although the movement appears to be losing steam after concessions by President Emmanuel Macron.

The chief of police in Paris said concerns remained about violent groups infiltrating the protests. Anti-riot officers will protect landmarks such as the Arc de Triomphe and prevent people getting close to the presidential palace.

“We need to be prepared for worst-case scenarios,” police chief Michel Delpuech told RTL radio.

He expected businesses in the capital to be less affected this weekend after heavy disruption over the past three weeks when major stores shut, hotels suffered cancellations and tourists stayed away during the usually busy run-up to Christmas.

Full report: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-protests-preps/french-police-prepare-for-fifth-wave-of-yellow-vest-protests-idUSKBN1OD1LF

Another day of rioting. Apparently it was all about fuel, but the fren h president as frozen fuel prices and increased minimum wage, and still they riot. What is the real reason?

QAnon! :lol: 

Oh, that explains everything... and yet there will still be those acting too dumb to understand it's all Russian Internet warfare against the West, against the US and the EU in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...

More than 100 people at the marches were arrested on Saturday, police said.

It came after demonstrations throughout France for a sixth consecutive Saturday.

Only 66,000 protesters were thought to have come out this week however, compared with 282,000 at the start of the protests on 17 November.

Short video report:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-46666499/gilet-jaunes-clashes-in-paris-at-yellow-vest-protests

• 4 weeks later...

A bank was attacked, a government building was vandalised and rioting broke out next to Napoleon Bonaparte's tomb as 84,000 anti-government Yellow Vests demonstrated all over France for the 10th weekend in a row.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6610399/Yellow-Vest-violence-breaks-Paris-tomb-Napoleon.html

:(

• Sad 1