Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lost Boys of Hannibal.

Newfrance

To see a you tube video of the Lost boys of Hannibal simply mouse click  the above link..........

Edited by Newfrance
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newfrance said:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=-tWutGnooJI

To see a you tube video of the Lost boys of Hannibal simply mouse click  the above link..........

A summary and conversation starter are usually appreciated when presenting a video. That really helps the conversation get started

• Like 1

Ok,   3 youths go caving in Hannibal, Mi, they are never seen again...........never.  A huge search takes place, even the white house is involved......there is some low lever consideration the never went caving but that is not proven.......coincidently a famous serial killer was only  40 miles from the location at the time........Quite  case...........still open today...................... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

thx for locating it................if modern technology was used do you think they could  locate the youths in the caves....?  Would it WORK?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Newfrance said:

thx for locating it................

Thanks for posting the story again; I missed it the first time and had never heard of it.

19 hours ago, Newfrance said:

................if modern technology was used do you think they could  locate the youths in the caves....?  Would it WORK?

I'm still researching, but from what I've learned so far, it seems to me that the only chance would be if another cave opening is discovered or occurs like it did during the construction of the highway.

I've read that searchers observed at least one cave-in (at which both search dogs alerted) and so I'm wondering whether "Murphy's" cave had been surveyed prior and if so, how that map differentiates from what searchers documented of the cave areas they were and weren't able to search.

11 hours ago, Regi said:

I've read that searchers observed at least one cave-in (at which both search dogs alerted) and so I'm wondering whether "Murphy's" cave had been surveyed prior and if so, how that map differentiates from what searchers documented of the cave areas they were and weren't able to search.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=mg5UAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fzkNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1404%2C2041315

I saw the cave in mentioned a few times in newspaper articles like the one linked. The fact two dogs hit on that area makes me believe the boys were there. I am a little unclear if they completely uncovered that rock fall.  The easiest explanation is they are somewhere in the cave system, and were either cut off, crushed by a cave in caused by the construction.  William Karras, who headed the search doubted the boys were still in the cave as mentioned in that article.  If that is true the you can go in all directions from kidnapping, to runaway. I believe they are dead buried in the cave, but i thought perhaps, what if they thought they caused a cave in and would get in trouble, and decided to run away?  The biggest problem with that thought is, why stay hidden for decades? I am trying to find an interview with Karras years later to see if he has changed his mind.  Maybe one is out there.

When i was in college I have gone in caves with friends and beers at night. One time we lost the flashlight and had to came back in total darkness...one other time we were crawling in mud and water to go farther down....it could have turned bad in an instant.  Youth and stupid are somewhat interlaced...

• Like 1

Remember when JFK's JR's   plane disappeared. The nayy found it with underwater searches using sonar.......is there any way Sonar or  some up to date technology could be use dot locate the  lost boys in the caves..................Could current technology do the trick in some way? ......

• 5 weeks later...

THERE IS A  new book about the case.............this book explores the possibilty that they were the victim of serial killer John Gacey..............HAS ANYONE  heard this?// 

• 2 weeks later...