Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA scientist: 'ET may have already visited us'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to NASA scientist: 'ET may have already visited us'

Even though radio technology was an amazing discovery maybe there is other ways to communicate faster but I think think it could be a couple lifetimes ahead.

• Like 1

Maybe one day we find out that matter, any kind of matter has the possibility to possess intelligence by interacting with other matter through the forces known to physics and organizing itself. And that over time on earth it lead to such an organisation of molecules that in the end produced life.

• Confused 2

I am a Christian. For the world we are living in God created, thus not living in it, can be regarded as an alien. Scientists currently are "revealing" information already known. Today a hamburger is bad for you, tomorrow it is a good thing.

If you have a look at the articles posted recently on this site, can you solely  believe in science (for those who does not have a religion) or are there some mysterious force behind it?

For that matter each sub atomic particle in each cell of our body may contain a universe within itself with untold trillions sentient beings similar ourselves in each one.  But it is highly unlikely.

• Like 2

I find it interesting that Dr. Colombano's paper urges science to take the subject of UFOs seriously. He asks that science sort through the heaps of 'noise' to find a real phenomenon that could have extraterrestrial intelligence as its source.  

Very interesting, too, that NASA saw fit to include this paper, in full, on its own website. The typical attitude presented by NASA, as with science in general, even SETI science, has been that the idea of UFOs, as evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence, needn't be taken seriously.    

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, bison said:

I find it interesting that Dr. Colombano's paper urges science to take the subject of UFOs seriously. He asks that science sort through the heaps of 'noise' to find a real phenomenon that could have extraterrestrial intelligence as its source.  

Very interesting, too, that NASA saw fit to include this paper, in full, on its own website. The typical attitude presented by NASA, as with science in general, even SETI science, has been that the idea of UFOs, as evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence, needn't be taken seriously.    

Interesting you bring up SETI. At one time, NASA funded it, so even back then it was clear that NASA was on board with the idea of intelligent life in the cosmos being possible and also, the US congress that approved of the spending brings them into the mix.

People in this thread sure seem to be open minded to the idea. But go into any UFO thread and see the incredible rejection.  Makes one wonder :huh:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Thank you I am so glad that somebody at nasa gets it. Its about time.

I think many get it but they can't talk about it because of security clearances.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

People in this thread sure seem to be open minded to the idea. But go into any UFO thread and see the incredible rejection.  Makes one wonder :huh:

I think the majority of people on this forum would be open to the idea of extraterrestrial life.... but with actual proof. Apparent government cover ups and man made crop circles and accounts from people basically looking for attention have belittled the chance for most scientifically minded thinkers to take the subject seriously. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gecks said:

I think the majority of people on this forum would be open to the idea of extraterrestrial life.... but with actual proof. Apparent government cover ups and man made crop circles and accounts from people basically looking for attention have belittled the chance for most scientifically minded thinkers to take the subject seriously. 

Beg to differ.

There is a deep seated fear of ET in *some* people. I liken it to the reaction of the intellectual elite being told that earth was not the center of the universe.

It's an ego problem for some.,

It was probably Vogons who visited us.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Beg to differ.

There is a deep seated fear of ET in *some* people. I liken it to the reaction of the intellectual elite being told that earth was not the center of the universe.

Interesting. Its not a mindset I've personally come across.... in relation to the idea of extraterrestrials..... but I do understand your example. The possibility of everything should be considered until %100 proven otherwise 

Edited by Gecks

6 hours ago, bison said:

there is nothing science can study.. all the data there is on <ufos/ aliens on this planet> is nothing more than stories= science can not & will not waste time effort & money looking into stories....... & quite rightly so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Maars said:

I am a Christian. For the world we are living in God created, thus not living in it, can be regarded as an alien. Scientists currently are "revealing" information already known. Today a hamburger is bad for you, tomorrow it is a good thing.

If you have a look at the articles posted recently on this site, can you solely  believe in science (for those who does not have a religion) or are there some mysterious force behind it?

All forces are mysterious.  Doesn't mean they are supernatural.

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Beg to differ.

And for others...ahem...

...it is a disconnect in some peoples heads,  between the fictional Science Fiction television and movies of the 20th and 21st centuries, and the Non-fictional realities of Science. 

...as well as a shallow base of understanding of the Real Universe.  

And then...some of us...like to imagine that...because a weed grows next to my strawberries, that looks almost identical to my strawberries...that somehow, that weed spore is an alien of its own, with intelligence to find it's way to the strawberries because somehow it 'knows' that if I see it I will pull it or spray it with something. ...but again...some of us know what is real and what is fantasy and while fantasy is fun...yeah...it ain't real.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

Dejarma;  Until 'stories' about rocks falling from the skies were properly looked into by science, it was assumed that the whole idea was ridiculous. We see how that turned out!

Edited by bison

7 hours ago, Maars said:

If you have a look at the articles posted recently on this site, can you solely  believe in science

yep

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bison said:

Until 'stories' about rocks falling from the skies were properly looked into by science, it was assumed that the whole idea was ridiculous. We see how that turned out!

how did we find out it wasn't ridiculous?

Because a scientist was willing to look seriously into the supposedly disreputable 'stories' about rocks falling from the skies, and was thereby able to secure the evidence that started to turn the tide of scientific opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Gecks said:

Interesting. Its not a mindset I've personally come across.... in relation to the idea of extraterrestrials..... but I do understand your example. The possibility of everything should be considered until %100 proven otherwise 

Oui Oui, Gecks.

And I'd like to see people try to prove that ET life does not exist. It'd be a good laugh lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bison said:

Because a scientist was willing to look seriously into the supposedly disreputable 'stories' about rocks falling from the skies, and was thereby able to secure the evidence that started to turn the tide of scientific opinion. 

yeah, they eventually found a rock that had fallen from the sky- didn't they- therefore there's something to study, isn't there;) see the difference?

• Like 2