Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA scientist: 'ET may have already visited us'

UM-Bot

41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, TruthSeeker (love that nic), don't take me wrong here, but MainStream Media (NYT, CNN, BBC) DID carry the three videos that the military released of UFO's and of a Navy pilot testifying of his experience with them (CNN).  But you'll be busy meeting anyone in your travels here at UM that actually *believes* that they saw intelligently constructed and flown UFO's.

Yes, they are standing in deNile. :mellow:

That is surprising. I guess they are finally releasing these things slowly. I rarely watch anything mainstream but last year I did catch Fox news covering a UFO. Yea I agree many are in denial here or they just want to argue and make themselves sound right.lol!!

On 4.12.2018 at 4:01 PM, Almighty Evan said:

1024px-ET_Communicator_Cropped.jpg

Motorola Smartphone

• Like 1

One of my favorite quotes: " Think about what we knew back then, think about what we know now, then think about what we will know tomorrow." Men in black.

Hank

I'm sure there's intelligent ETs out there. Just the number of star systems and planets suggests it's highly likely. The bottom line is, if they come here in spacecraft they must have the physical dexterity to build them. This means hands and fingers, they will need eyes to see what they're building, and will most likely have ears as they would have evolved to evade predators as we have. Legs of course would also be a requirement for catching prey and avoiding predators. So their appearance would most likely be 'humanoid' or something very similar. More arms, or more legs, or both. Nature has a way of engineering practical critters, so my guess would be two arms, two legs, two eyes, two ears. The number of fingers and toes may be different to ours but the functionality would be the same, opposing thumbs, maybe even two opposing thumbs on each hand would be a requirement for building technology. Have they been here... maybe. It would make sense for a species that could travel around the galaxy on a willy-nilly basis to keep an eye on us. They may have to prevent us from taking our violence out into space and dropping it on their doorstep. Do they come here and crash... no, not a chance. Their technology would be beyond our imagination.

Edited by Occams Razor
  • Like 1

@Occams Razor   Results from Kepler telescope are promising. The space scope malfunctioned and can no longer orient itself but what it found before that shapes up like this: Projecting the number of earth twins found, there are a minimum of 1.2 billion earth twins in the Milky Way. Who knows how many earth twins are really there in the sample of the 150,000 stars that Kepler examined, but it's clear by the sample we do have that life on an exoplanet is quite likely. 

And then, there are one trillion more galaxies.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:18 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Occams Razor   Results from Kepler telescope are promising. The space scope malfunctioned and can no longer orient itself but what it found before that shapes up like this: Projecting the number of earth twins found, there are a minimum of 1.2 billion earth twins in the Milky Way. Who knows how many earth twins are really there in the sample of the 150,000 stars that Kepler examined, but it's clear by the sample we do have that life on an exoplanet is quite likely. 

And then, there are one trillion more galaxies.

They have to be out there for sure EOT. It's just a matter of time and technology before we know for sure.

7 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

They have to be out there for sure EOT. It's just a matter of time and technology before we know for sure.

OOPs. again. 

Anyway, yes, OR, governments who already know will one day tell all to the masses, I am sure. In our lifetime

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
jus'cuz

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

OOPs. again. 

Anyway, yes, OR, governments who already know will one day tell all to the masses, I am sure. In our lifetime

Do you mean the governments know of life on other planets or know that intelligent life has been visiting Earth?

Do you feel that all the worlds governments are working together to hide this?   That's the part I have trouble believing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Do you mean the governments know of life on other planets or know that intelligent life has been visiting Earth?

The latter, Myles.  Myles, If *I* know the UFO's are buzzing planet earth you can bet your boopie the feds know.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Do you feel that all the worlds governments are working together to hide this?   That's the part I have trouble believing.  

Well, not all the world's governments but many. Iran makes full disclosure, the Belgium government made several disclosures, and so did Colombia , if I recall.

And now, Myles, the US government handed over three UFO related vids for public disclosure (well, 1 was slipped into the media). So it's not a slam dunk shutout.

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The latter, Myles.  Myles, If *I* know the UFO's are buzzing planet earth you can bet your boopie the feds know.

Well, not all the world's governments but many. Iran makes full disclosure, the Belgium government made several disclosures, and so did Colombia , if I recall.

And now, Myles, the US government handed over three UFO related vids for public disclosure (well, 1 was slipped into the media). So it's not a slam dunk shutout.

i still haven't seen any solid evidence from any countries, so the whole planets governments are mostly working together to keep this secret.  I just don't buy it.  

• Like 1

@Myles , well, I am not going to drag the files up but didn't you at least see the tic tac UFO vid released by the government to the NY Times, who then distributed it?

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

... see the tic tac UFO vid released by the government to the NY Times, who then distributed it?

The Tic-Tac-UFO vid wasnt "released by the government" to the NYT, it was given to the NYT by a member of a company named "To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, toast said:

The Tic-Tac-UFO vid wasnt "released by the government" to the NYT, it was given to the NYT by a member of a company named "To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science".

Yup. that's who it was. Check out who those people were in the NYT On the Trail of Secret Pentagon UFO Project

"She spent hours with him reviewing unclassified documents, for the $22 million program operated largely “in the white” (that is, not under special restricted access), but hidden in the huge defense budget, with only parts of it classified. A few days later Mr. Elizondo and others there — including Harold E. Puthoff, an engineer who has conducted research on extrasensory perception for the C.I.A. and later worked as a contractor on the program, and Christopher K. Mellon, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence — announced they were joining a new commercial venture, To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science, to raise money for research into U.F.O.s. Leslie wrote it up for the Huffington Post with scant details of the program."

And...  "Carl Hulse, The Times’s chief Washington correspondent, was well acquainted with Mr. Reid and helped arrange an interview for Helene. She flew to Las Vegas on Dec. 5 and met with the former senator, who confirmed the program with details, saying, “I’m not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this going.”

All government folk, especially and including Senator Harry Reid had a say in getting this into print.

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yup. that's who it was. Check out who those people were in the NYT On the Trail of Secret Pentagon UFO Project

I know the story and its actors, but again, "released by the government" is an exaggeration for the reason of sensationalism, which is the base of he business model of the (ridiculous) company "To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science Inc".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, toast said:

Isn't that Tom Delongs thing? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, toast said:

I know the story and its actors, but again, "released by the government" is an exaggeration for the reason of sensationalism, which is the base of he business model of the (ridiculous) company "To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science Inc".

What you call "ridiculous" the NYT calls well vetted and the members of said group, well established and credentialed. 

BYW, toast, did any of you skeptics ever figure out where those vids came from and what they really represent?

PS: Perhaps you should also explain how a F-18 super hornet pilot aboard the USS Nimitz and who was in the cockpit when the vid was filmed was able to go on FOX TV and talk about it. Wouldn't that be violating military policy?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

54 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Isn't that Tom Delongs thing? 

I searched the link. His name does not appear.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I searched the link. His name does not appear.

https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/

Tom DeLonge
President & CEO

Tom DeLonge is the co-founder, President and interim CEO of To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science. As President of the company’s subsidiary, To The Stars Inc., since 2015, he was primarily engaged within the entertainment sector. His career spans over two decades, selling over 25 million records worldwide with the bands he co-founded, Blink182 and Angels & Airwaves. Prior to forming the TTS Academy, Mr. DeLonge co-founded Really Likeable People, Inc. (“RLP”), the parent company of international consumer lifestyle brands including Atticus Clothing and Macbeth Footwear, and the technology monetization platform, Modlife. Mr. DeLonge has taken his award-winning creative content that spans music, books, and film and built To The Stars Inc. as a vertically integrated entertainment business that develops, produces and distributes multi-media and merchandise world-wide.

12 hours ago, toast said:

The reddit discussing TTSA is quite damning.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The reddit discussing TTSA is quite damning.

Sounds like you're shooting for the negative here, GD.

Will you equally dispose of pilot Fravor's interview on FOX as useless, lying chatter, too?

Face facts.. for the vids to come out and Fravor and two other members of the Nimitz to speak out could never happen without tacit approval of the government.

and yet.....?

19 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sounds like you're shooting for the negative here, GD.

Will you equally dispose of pilot Fravor's interview on FOX as useless, lying chatter, too?

Face facts.. for the vids to come out and Fravor and two other members of the Nimitz to speak out could never happen without tacit approval of the government.

and yet.....?

It's surprising that some members apparently think each and every post exists in isolation, or can't conceive of the development of subthreads.

Read what I responded to. The purpose of TTSA is to improve Tom DeLonge's hip pocket. It's reasonable for investors to seek guarantees.

However, your suggestion of tacit approval is doubtful. I'm sure there was much correspondence to organise the transaction.

Why is Fravor doing these interviews? I don't know. 

Why did Michelle Obama appear on NCIS?

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It's surprising that some members apparently think each and every post exists in isolation, or can't conceive of the development of subthreads.

Read what I responded to. The purpose of TTSA is to improve Tom DeLonge's hip pocket. It's reasonable for investors to seek guarantees.

However, your suggestion of tacit approval is doubtful. I'm sure there was much correspondence to organise the transaction.

Why is Fravor doing these interviews? I don't know. 

Why did Michelle Obama appear on NCIS?

We all go to work because of the paycheck at the end of the week.  A physics proff writes a physics text because of the money but that does not mean the text is a hoax. You'll have to better than say "he made money" to prove the production fake.

Go read the NYTimes link right above. They talked about the vetting to reassure the reader that it is no hoax. Also think about what happens to three Nimitz sailors (1 pilot) that publicly talk about classified material.

You have a ways to go, me boy. But I k now how it goes in here, NO amount of evidence budges people. Most in here remain at absolute zero chance of that tic tac being real.

C'est levie.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, Dejarma said:

if true: why is this not world news?

Its tabloid news, I think that explains a great deal. The UFO sites followed Kimbler closely. Realistic people predicted the outcome. 

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

We all go to work because of the paycheck at the end of the week.  A physics proff writes a physics text because of the money but that does not mean the text is a hoax. You'll have to better than say "he made money" to prove the production fake.

Go read the NYTimes link right above. They talked about the vetting to reassure the reader that it is no hoax. Also think about what happens to three Nimitz sailors (1 pilot) that publicly talk about classified material.

You have a ways to go, me boy. But I k now how it goes in here, NO amount of evidence budges people. Most in here remain at absolute zero chance of that tic tac being real.

C'est levie.

Yes we get a paycheck to actually produce something. A publicly listed company, and it's employers have to aim to provide value to shareholders.  DeLonge addresses rumours about debt via Instagram.

What ways do I have to go, sonny? I don't have an opinion on the Tic Tac video.  Why should I?  It says:

...Experts caution that earthly explanations often exist for such incidents, and that not knowing the explanation does not mean that the event has interstellar origins.

“I have no idea what I saw,” Commander Fravor replied to the pilot. ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

Nothing to get excited about.

However, investing in TTSA is not money well spent.