Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Triple child killer to be released

Eldorado

A babysitter who killed three children and impaled their bodies on garden railings has been cleared for release.

David McGreavy was sentenced to life in 1973 for killing Paul Ralph, four, and his sisters Dawn, two, and nine-month-old Samantha in their Worcester home.

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-46437471

You reckon his new neighbours will be told what they've got living beside them?

• Sad 3

"The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will reoffend in future."

Means: we are not 100% sure but we will give it a try. Great.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

People like that is why the death penalty existed. If I was related to the children i'd view this as a chance to kill him myself though. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, justin3651 said:

People like that is why the death penalty existed. If I was related to the children i'd view this as a chance to kill him myself though. 

thank you

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toast said:

"The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will reoffend in future."

Means: we are not 100% sure but we will give it a try. Great.

Because they KNOW he won't be living next to their loved ones.  I believe in mercy and redemption but when they are set against a potential horror perpetrated on children, you have to err on the side of protecting the innocents.  After 45 years, there is no way this man can transition back into society in a normal way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Because they KNOW he won't be living next to their loved ones.  I believe in mercy and redemption but when they are set against a potential horror perpetrated on children, you have to err on the side of protecting the innocents.  After 45 years, there is no way this man can transition back into society in a normal way.

Exactly. I think that the mind of an individual who performed murder with such a high degree of cruelty is a mind that cant be analysed down to cause and/or healed somehow. I by myself call that the little and hidden toxic switch in the brain. Psychologists do an assessment based on interviews, theories and therapy results but if 10 psychologists analyze the same case/individual the results will differ and thats the evidence by math that a psychologists judgement cant be absolute. I remember some cases were murder/pedophiles got released because of positive psychological survey, but some of these persons turned back to their old behavioural patterns very quickly. Of course, there are cases where the judgments were correct but I dont think that the correctness of a judgement, on the real weird cases like this one, should be tested in public.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After 45 years, I'm sure this guy has figured out how to answer the questions they ask. Tell them what they want to hear and get released. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

In America he would have been given a life sentence for each kid he killed. Would have never gotten out

• Like 5

Unbelievable. This monster was 21 when he did these horrible things so he was fully aware of the what he was doing,  I am surprised he wasn't killed in jail.
What a slap in the face for the family and friends of these poor kids. They should seriously bring back the death penalty for people like this. This freak does not deserve to be live in my opinion. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

In America he would have been given a life sentence for each kid he killed. Would have never gotten out

He'd also have been restricted to a form of solitary because from what I hear, the general population doesn't treat child killers gently.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Unbelievable. This monster was 21 when he did these horrible things so he was fully aware of the what he was doing,  I am surprised he wasn't killed in jail.
What a slap in the face for the family and friends of these poor kids. They should seriously bring back the death penalty for people like this. This freak does not deserve to be live in my opinion. 

My question is, who will be held responsible if this crazy man gets out and ends another child's life?  I could see the bereaved parent going after the judge(s) for vengeance and I would be sympathetic in the case.  You don't carelessly risk the lives of CHILDREN, DAMMIT!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, and then said:

My question is, who will be held responsible if this crazy man gets out and ends another child's life?  I could see the bereaved parent going after the judge(s) for vengeance and I would be sympathetic in the case.  You don't carelessly risk the lives of CHILDREN, DAMMIT!

Exactly. What the heck :(

• Like 3

Anyone who could do things like that to very small children at the young age he was himself, is a natural born predator in my book. You don't outgrow or unlearn an instinct like that. He should never be given access to the vulnerable in our society again. Ever!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

I think the boardd that decided he can be released should be held accountable. If he reoffends, they should be given the same sentence he receives. 

If that was the case  I honestly wonder if he would still be up for release. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I think the boardd that decided he can be released should be held accountable. If he reoffends, they should be given the same sentence he receives. 

Thats my opinion also... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I know that in this isolated case, emotions run high, I wouldn’t argue with anyone making the argument for capital punishment and using this case as their evidence.

However, you need to remember that the prison system is about rehabilitation.

Parole boards have an incredibly tough job, on one hand they have the liberty of an individual and on the other the safety of the community they need to balance.

There is no exact formula for determining rehabilitation, just assessment and examination of the individual.

If we started holding parole boards accountable for the actions of individuals, no one would do the job, and this is not a Phillip K Dick story, no one can know for certain what an individuals actions will be post release, we have to trust the individual will comply with whatever ongoing parole restrictions will be in place.

That said, if the man in question were to fall from a great height, hitting razor tipped spikes on the way down before landing in a pit of starving hyenas, I might take the philosophy of Karma a little more seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

I know that in this isolated case, emotions run high, I wouldn’t argue with anyone making the argument for capital punishment and using this case as their evidence.

Parole boards have an incredibly tough job, on one hand they have the liberty of an individual and on the other the safety of the community they need to balance.

There is no exact formula for determining rehabilitation, just assessment and examination of the individual.

If we started holding parole boards accountable for the actions of individuals, no one would do the job, and this is not a Phillip K Dick story, no one can know for certain what an individuals actions will be post release, we have to trust the individual will comply with whatever ongoing parole restrictions will be in place.

That said, if the man in question were to fall from a great height, hitting razor tipped spikes on the way down before landing in a pit of starving hyenas, I might take the philosophy of Karma a little more seriously.

You can't rehabilitate the dead.

Too many times have the incompetent parole board let out repeat offenders who then upped their crimes to murder.  In some cases the offender have warned they might kill if released, what do these ****ing clowns do? Release them.  In Australia there has been a few serial rapists who when released went on to commit murder.

**** them, **** rehabilitation if you can't keep society safe.  No, if one of my family members were the victims, even the parole board members had better watch their damn backs.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Exactly, if you know your head will roll if this ******* commits another crime you're not going to let him out.

This is one of the few cases I support vigilante "justice", the law is not only so impotent in this regard when they do **** up they protect their own.  Take the child sex rings in Britain, the not only did the members of the law ignore it they protected themselves from being charged, absolutely sickening.  I'm surprised the city hasn't lynched any of these scum bag cops.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Exactly, if you know your head will roll if this ******* commits another crime you're not going to let him out.

This is one of the few cases I support vigilante "justice", the law is not only so impotent in this regard when they do **** up they protect their own.  Take the child sex rings in Britain, the not only did the members of the law ignore it they protected themselves from being charged, absolutely sickening.  I'm surprised the city hasn't lynched any of these scum bag cops.

There would be no parole boards, just prisons,  lots and lots of them full of people who have had their freedoms removed, forever without hope of release, people jailed for theft, drugs and murder all serving life because parole boards are expected to take responsibility for crimes committed by another person.

At face value it might seem like a clever idea, but it’s a bit of a chocolate teapot really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

There would be no parole boards, just prisons,  lots and lots of them full of people who have had their freedoms removed, forever without hope of release, people jailed for theft, drugs and murder all serving life because parole boards are expected to take responsibility for crimes committed by another person.

At face value it might seem like a clever idea, but it’s a bit of a chocolate teapot really.

The murderers and rapists having their freedoms taken away, oh the horror.  We can't have that now can we?

The idea shows how spineless and irresponsible these parole boards can be.  If it takes having your life threaten to wake up to the danger you could be putting society in, so be it.

It's unfortunate those who are targeted by released criminals tend to have nothing to do with their release.  It would be rather ironic if members of the board where murdered by the very criminals they released, I'd bet the brain dead parole board still wouldn't take any notice.

Edited by Rlyeh

6 hours ago, Grey Area said:

I understand where you are coming from on this and I agree that in the large part prisons are and should be about rehab.

HOWEVER, where a crime is committed, that attracts a life sentence, then rehab should not be a focus. Separate facility, basic amenities, no prospect of parole, and if life is short due to boredom or lack of goals then so be it. 

Inhumane some may say, tell that to the relatives of the victims!

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I understand where you are coming from on this and I agree that in the large part prisons are and should be about rehab.

HOWEVER, where a crime is committed, that attracts a life sentence, then rehab should not be a focus. Separate facility, basic amenities, no prospect of parole, and if life is short due to boredom or lack of goals then so be it. 

Inhumane some may say, tell that to the relatives of the victims!

I don’t disagree, if a crime warrants a life sentence, it should damned well mean life.

But, that is not the reality.  The reality is that prisons have to operate a revolving door, with someone overseeing the leaving of prisoners.

If we don’t have that then the amount of prisons would rise exponentially as would the cost to the tax payer.

If this were a perfect world, there’d be no need for prisons.

• Like 2