Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A "Festive" Satanic statue for Illinois

Eldorado

Just now, OverSword said:

Should that include Pastafarians?  Actually kind of weird that they haven't done it yet.

Yes. 
And Discodians.

And the the church of the subgenius

I'm as anti-religion as they come. I say embrace the full absurdity of religious displays on state grounds.

Personally, I want a statue of zues-as-a-bull having sex with Europa. As graphically as possible. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In peoples minds but they really represent the commercial side of Christmas which has nothing to do with religion therefore not actually Christian imo.  They are a holiday tradition, a holiday celebrated by many people that will tell you they're not Christians.

I agree with this.

You can have a tree and not be christian and I imagine there are many people who put them up that don't consider themselves christians. So a christmas tree outside or inside a government building is not really a big deal. 

Now, in my hometown courthouse there's a banner that reads "Jesus is the reason for the season" and that seems inappropriate to me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is related to x-mas, which is a Christian Holiday, isn't it? 

Nope, it's a pagan holiday that was taken over by christianity. It was originally a celebration of the winter solstice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Nope, it's a pagan holiday that was taken over by christianity. It was originally a celebration of the winter solstice. 

Same thing with Easter. Which has its origins in paganism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, Christmas is a Christian holiday.

Is Santa on his sleigh a Christian symbol?  It's a Christmas image.

Edited by Eldorado

Just now, sci-nerd said:

well it is a christian holiday now.

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

well it is a christian holiday now.

Yes, in many peoples minds it is, but not in mine. For me it's the winter solstice, a viking holiday.

• Like 1

These guys are just agitators. They're aren't even religious. They worship nothing as I've thought and as pointed out in post number 5. Therefore I too believe the state should tell them to pound sand. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you really think about it. Christmas is really a celebration of Saint Nicholas. 

Santa in his big red coat, along with Rudolph, is not a symbol of Christianity.  Baby Jesus in a crib is.  You know what I'm talking about.

Just now, F3SS said:

These guys are just agitators. They're aren't even religious. They worship nothing as I've thought and as pointed out in post number 5. Therefore I too believe the state should tell them to pound sand. 

i'm sure state collected hefty fee to issue a permit forthe statue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Santa in his big red coat, along with Rudolph, is not a symbol of Christianity.  Baby Jesus in a crib is.  You know what I'm talking about.

Santa represents the holiday more than Jesus. Because that's all you see during the Christmas holidays. Even most Christmas songs are geared towards big red. 

57 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think there are actually enough confirmed satanist's to justify a public display.  How many churches of satan are there in Illinois?  I'll bet you can't find even one registered building for the purpose of worship.  The state should tell them to suck it.

3 would be my guess.

1. Chicago's Mayor's Office

2. Governors Office.

3. Largest congregation however, is the state legislature.

:devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Santa represents the holiday more than Jesus. Because that's all you see during the Christmas holidays. Even most Christmas songs are geared towards big red. 

Not for proper Christians he won't.

Edited by Eldorado

10 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Again, first amendment 

The difference between a "cult" and a "religion" is the percentage of society that practices same, and the majority get to created the nomenclature of both.

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The difference between a "cult" and a "religion" is the percentage of society that practices same, and the majority get to created the nomenclature of both.

Anthropologically speaking, any religion is by definition a cult.

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Again, first amendment 

Very well but it's people like them and probably like you too who either ruin or take the joy out of long standing traditions enjoyed by almost everybody in a selfish act of protest for no other reason than to seek attention and rain on the parade just to prove a point on a technicality that literally nobody else could give two shlts about. 

Yes we get it Temple of Satan. You can. Good for you now crawl back to your lonely hole. 

• Like 4