Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Social Media and Search History Gun Bill

OverSword

6 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently different gun dealers can use various agencies to run their background checks.  I'm not saying they all do it, but there seems to be nothing in place to keep any particular agent from using whatever research tools he wishes to employ.  

There's only one.  The third database (NICS Index) it uses records the applicable state and local laws about you on it.

Thanks for the answers.  I think this proposed bill will eventually be adopted.  If not now by NY then someday by some state.  There are few tools that go unused.  Just a dozen years ago it was beyond imagining that something called facebook would fill up with embarrassing self posted pictures that would then be used by employers to deny employment.  We've seldom lost freedoms or acquiesced to new restrictions all at once.  Smoking wasn't banned from everywhere over night.  The factions who would like to abolish the Second Amendment will be glad to use whatever other means they can to achieve their goals.  It won't matter if they can't ban guns if they can keep anyone whoever has been caught in a silly photo or made the wrong comment from owning one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Thanks for the answers.  I think this proposed bill will eventually be adopted.  If not now by NY then someday by some state.  There are few tools that go unused.  Just a dozen years ago it was beyond imagining that something called facebook would fill up with embarrassing self posted pictures that would then be used by employers to deny employment.  We've seldom lost freedoms or acquiesced to new restrictions all at once.  Smoking wasn't banned from everywhere over night.  The factions who would like to abolish the Second Amendment will be glad to use whatever other means they can to achieve their goals.  It won't matter if they can't ban guns if they can keep anyone whoever has been caught in a silly photo or made the wrong comment from owning one.

yep, but it is a good thing, if you know how to use it to your advantage.