Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China to venture to the far side of the Moon

UM-Bot

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... that seems a strange comment ? I don't believe any probes have been SENT to monitor the dark side of the moon with the intent to "last" ? 

Their intent is to explore. The rover will come upon some software or mechanical issues before long, or at least that's the way it will be stated in the media. 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... that seems a strange comment ? I don't believe any probes have been SENT to monitor the dark side of the moon with the intent to "last" ? 

Correct. An)n1m)us is just spewing random, untrue, nonsense. I suggest the best course of action is to simply ignore his silliness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An0n1m0us said:

Their intent is to explore. The rover will come upon some software or mechanical issues before long, or at least that's the way it will be stated in the media. 

Ah, the prediction which can't fail...

Yes, the rover will fail at some point, and regardless of when it is you'll be able to congratulate yourself.

And there really aren't any other ways for a mechanical device controlled by software to fail, are there?

On 1/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, An0n1m0us said:

Whether it is extraterrestrials, or humans no probes from Earth have lasted in the attempts to investigate this side of the moon. 

Was looking through a list of Moon craft sent there and several craft crashed there after orbiting but no planned landers. The craft China sent before in Change 3 landed up on the north area of Mare Imbrium, not the far side. North of Apollo 15?  I thought the Jade Rabbit rover was a success? This one is like it, except on the south far side with a relay. This little rover is near the Lunar South Pole where several orbital craft of the last 10 years have observed water ice in crater areas.  Probably a good place to explore?

Nothing anomalous or unusual about that. What would be weird and terrifying is if someway somehow the old wrecked craft of the Soviet Luniks, Ranger 4, or Apollo era  crashed Lunar Orbiters  crashed on the far side suddenly started transmitting again like something had activated them! I bet that would sincerely freak a bunch of peoples out!

I hope they don't get the idea to have a moon rover drag a shovel around to create a giant communist star in sky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 5:05 AM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Correct. An)n1m)us is just spewing random, untrue, nonsense. I suggest the best course of action is to simply ignore his silliness.

That's right Waspie just dismiss comments of those you know bothing about in regards to a subject you know nothing about. Its so common now for everyone to dismiss people as trolls because they do not conform to your ideals. You should just start your own forum based on your personal ideals and opinions. Correct?

On 1/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, gadfly21 said:

Was looking through a list of Moon craft sent there and several craft crashed there after orbiting but no planned landers. The craft China sent before in Change 3 landed up on the north area of Mare Imbrium, not the far side. North of Apollo 15?  I thought the Jade Rabbit rover was a success? This one is like it, except on the south far side with a relay. This little rover is near the Lunar South Pole where several orbital craft of the last 10 years have observed water ice in crater areas.  Probably a good place to explore?

Nothing anomalous or unusual about that. What would be weird and terrifying is if someway somehow the old wrecked craft of the Soviet Luniks, Ranger 4, or Apollo era  crashed Lunar Orbiters  crashed on the far side suddenly started transmitting again like something had activated them! I bet that would sincerely freak a bunch of peoples out!

I remember what happened to the Jade Rabbit. It was televised quite a bit then went away quietly. 

1 hour ago, An0n1m0us said:

I remember what happened to the Jade Rabbit. It was televised quite a bit then went away quietly. 

It got stuck after about 28 days, but carried on transmitting for 3 months before going 'dark'. Not bad really, as it was only projected to work for a month. 

• 1 month later...

A probe sent by to the far side of the moon by China's space agency has reactivated after two weeks spent hibernating. 

Chang'e-4, the moon lander, is back to work after 'sleeping' during the second lunar night, which is equivalent to 14 days on Earth. 

The lander woke from its slumber a few hours before its companion rover Yutu-2 (Jade Rabbit-2) and both are once again operating as normal.

At the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6760549/Chinas-Change-4-probe-awakens-time-mission-dark-moon.html