Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Razumov

Maria De Jesus the "Beast Woman" of Brazil

49 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

the13bats

Reminds me a bit of Julia Pastrana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Razumov

Oh, the valiant liberal riding in on his white horse to save a creepy pasta photo!

 

On 12/8/2018 at 2:41 PM, jaylemurph said:

If he ever actually existed. It’s telling the only thing a Google search brings up about him cites that same children’s book o’ mysteries.


I find it telling that exactly as I said, you won't even look at the evidence. I provided you with the archive link to his old website in the original post you didn't bother to read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131026101434/http://professorjoaodefreitas.com/index.html

https://site.medicina.ufmg.br/apm/sobre/

"They all have a disease" is literally the argument Creationists use to disqualify the entire fossil record of human evolution, and just like a Creationist when shown evidence contrary to your beliefs you will deny it without even looking at it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razumov
On 12/7/2018 at 6:52 PM, Piney said:

It's all the same disorder. Not a disease. A broken chromosome and missing genetic material. The amount and type of missing genetic material determines the traits. Excessive hair growth is one of the traits. Not necessarily the neck. Sometimes the hands and face. The unibrow is a mild instance that we all have. 

I'm one of the "monsters" with very good doctors and I studied it in depth. 


She doesn't have a unibrow. She doesn't appear to have any eyebrows at all.

In the other thread you turned out to be a ninja-monk from the shaolin temple, and now you are a crypto-hominid too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razumov

This is the Crypto-Hominid forum of the Unexplained Mysteries website. We got blobsquatches and creepy pastas. If you skeptics are so precious that you can't handle a creepy pasta maybe you should go spend your whole adult life somewhere else?

I would never have bothered to post this except that people expressed interest in the case, which is very obscure. Believe me, I already knew what the reaction was going to be. The biggest snitches in forum will run to the front of the class to tattle on me for abusing the disabled, and everyone else will spam me with "she is a disease".

Maybe she is a disease, I just want to be sure she wasn't the unknown hominid who died on a vivisection table at the Yerkes primate research center, or another one of Dr.Ivanov's unholy crimes.

The file from the pathologist's examination would cleanly falsify or confirm any non-human theory, and when do you EVER get that in such a case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
11 minutes ago, Razumov said:


She doesn't have a unibrow. She doesn't appear to have any eyebrows at all.

In the other thread you turned out to be a ninja-monk from the shaolin temple, and now you are a crypto-hominid too?

I have a monk uncle at the Byodo-In. He taught me meditation and martial arts. But my family is a very old "Medicine" family among the Lenape. I am nothing more than a human being with a chromosome disorder which runs through Algonquian bloodlines and the birth defects that go along with it.  Because of those birth defects I was picked for a specific purpose. 

 I made the masks, and I wore them and used them in ceremonies as a manipulator of spirits

10318718_10203338786372189_592637722_n.jpg.b6499c3ddd5445ba88e859b81873a911.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxieRosalee
4 hours ago, Razumov said:

This is the Crypto-Hominid forum of the Unexplained Mysteries website. We got blobsquatches and creepy pastas. If you skeptics are so precious that you can't handle a creepy pasta maybe you should go spend your whole adult life somewhere else?

I would never have bothered to post this except that people expressed interest in the case, which is very obscure. Believe me, I already knew what the reaction was going to be. The biggest snitches in forum will run to the front of the class to tattle on me for abusing the disabled, and everyone else will spam me with "she is a disease".

Maybe she is a disease, I just want to be sure she wasn't the unknown hominid who died on a vivisection table at the Yerkes primate research center, or another one of Dr.Ivanov's unholy crimes.

The file from the pathologist's examination would cleanly falsify or confirm any non-human theory, and when do you EVER get that in such a case?

Yikes. You alright, buddy?

Just decided to pop in to give my own thoughts on the topic, but I pretty much concur with what's been said by some before me. Definitely feel this is simply a case of a woman with some sort of genetic disorder. Cases very similar to this one have been documented in the past. There's the example of Zana, a woman who was thought to be a Yeti woman or a Yeti hybrid before DNA testing proved she was fully human. Here's a link to that story. There was also a story before of a supposed Yeti hybrid that was found in China, which was mostly likely a man suffering from some sort of disorder as well. Here's a link to that story as well.

I think it's a good thing to note that genetic disorders of this kind haven't been studied or understood very well until quite recently. People with abnormalities like this used to be paraded around for show and not as long as ago as many people think.

It's especially telling how in one of your screenshots, it states that "They are too numerous to allow us to speak of "freaks of nature." " I wonder why that is? Probably because we understand better what these people suffer from instead of slapping on a "beast person" or "Yeti hybrid" label on them.
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Hum,

A lot of "things" discussed on this forum very well are humans and or animals who do have "birth defects" ( or whatever term is pc okay )

Besides your weird grammar ( worse than mine, lol ) and reaching i didnt see anyone up in arms over this thread,

So what was your motivation posting this thread, did you want someone to say this is a ape human hybrid, as it seems the results are not to your liking.

So here you go...

images(27).jpg.c94b1e81540ffda1d2d7d19cf2056a55.jpgimages(28).jpg.a7d0a0c8f87f8bf95e817957bd32dc1a.jpg

Have fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 hours ago, Razumov said:

 ninja-monk

Oh, another fact check for you. Ninjas never existed. It was a 'blanket term" invented by the Kabuki Theater and the entertainment industry in Japan and the U.S. ran with it. Japan has as many fake "Ninja" instructors as the U.S. has fake Indians. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Have fun...

The flattened ear and missing lobes is the first indication of a broken chromosome and missing genetic material. That poor soul is just another Human being. You see that among the Algonquian too.  It's not that rare but the features are generally not that exaggerated. The term for it in our language is "chaa'xkaalwushkingw" (toad face).

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razumov
On 1/6/2019 at 7:41 AM, Piney said:

Oh, another fact check for you. Ninjas never existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

A ninja (忍者) or shinobi (忍び) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, assassination and guerrilla warfare.[1] Their covert methods of waging irregular warfare were deemed dishonorable and beneath the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat.[2] The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the 15th century during the Sengoku period,[3] but antecedents may have existed as early as the 12th century.[4][5]

...

The image of the ninja entered popular culture in the Edo period, when folktales and plays about ninja were conceived. Stories about the ninja are usually based on historical figures. For instance, many similar tales exist about a daimyō challenging a ninja to prove his worth, usually by stealing his pillow or weapon while he slept.[120] Novels were written about the ninja, such as Jiraiya Gōketsu Monogatari, which was also made into a kabuki play. Fictional figures such as Sarutobi Sasuke would eventually make their way into comics and television, where they have come to enjoy a culture hero status outside their original mediums.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razumov

i47RxiX.jpg

In order to mitigate confirmation bias and avoid feedback loops, I always investigate such cases with multiple theories.

Theory #1 is that she has an unknown medical condition.

The problem with this theory is that neither I nor anyone else can find a medical condition with symptoms that actually match her characteristics.

If theory #1 is true, the pathologist's file of her examination would confirm that, and it would provide a strong scientific basis for explaining strange dwarf myths on three continents as the results of an obscure medical condition.


Theory #2 is that she is an unknown hominid.

The evidence for this theory is the native folklore in the Americas and Indonesia of wild dwarfish creatures with dorsal manes, and the reconstructions of the Indonesian Hobbit that resemble her.

m3HfdIh.jpg

If theory #2 is true, the pathologist's file could confirm it, as the Hobbit had distinctive bodily proportions that were completely unknown in the 1970s. She might still be alive, and even if not her remains should still be viable for genetic testing.

 

Theory #3 is that she is one of the products of secret experiments in human-ape interbreeding.

The evidence for this theory is purely circumstantial, but given what I have uncovered in my Ivanov investigation, I can't rule it out completely. I can place an associate of Ilya Ivanov in Brazil about a decade before the photos of the "Brazilian Ape Man" surfaced. Mary has some features in common with the individual in those photos.

A number of high level Nazis took refuge in South America after the war. It is well known that the Nazis engaged in all kinds of unspeakable medical experiments, and they were well aware of Ivanov's work. One of the labs where ape-human interbreeding experiments were carried out was seized by Fascists during the war.

V08JJ2a.jpg

If theory #3 is true, the photos shouldn't even exist, but the Soviets made many mistakes in the cover up of Ivanov's hybrids, and left a lot of evidence behind as a result. Whoever was conducting these experiments may have made similar mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Razumov said:

i47RxiX.jpg

In order to mitigate confirmation bias and avoid feedback loops, I always investigate such cases with multiple theories.

Theory #1 is that she has an unknown medical condition.

The problem with this theory is that neither I nor anyone else can find a medical condition with symptoms that actually match her characteristics.

If theory #1 is true, the pathologist's file of her examination would confirm that, and it would provide a strong scientific basis for explaining strange dwarf myths on three continents as the results of an obscure medical condition.


Theory #2 is that she is an unknown hominid.

The evidence for this theory is the native folklore in the Americas and Indonesia of wild dwarfish creatures with dorsal manes, and the reconstructions of the Indonesian Hobbit that resemble her.

m3HfdIh.jpg

If theory #2 is true, the pathologist's file could confirm it, as the Hobbit had distinctive bodily proportions that were completely unknown in the 1970s. She might still be alive, and even if not her remains should still be viable for genetic testing.

 

Theory #3 is that she is one of the products of secret experiments in human-ape interbreeding.

The evidence for this theory is purely circumstantial, but given what I have uncovered in my Ivanov investigation, I can't rule it out completely. I can place an associate of Ilya Ivanov in Brazil about a decade before the photos of the "Brazilian Ape Man" surfaced. Mary has some features in common with the individual in those photos.

A number of high level Nazis took refuge in South America after the war. It is well known that the Nazis engaged in all kinds of unspeakable medical experiments, and they were well aware of Ivanov's work. One of the labs where ape-human interbreeding experiments were carried out was seized by Fascists during the war.

V08JJ2a.jpg

If theory #3 is true, the photos shouldn't even exist, but the Soviets made many mistakes in the cover up of Ivanov's hybrids, and left a lot of evidence behind as a result. Whoever was conducting these experiments may have made similar mistakes.

Are you ever going to provide any reliable primary sources for your information? Or is it going to be secondhand rumors from dubious websites and old "mystery" books as usual?

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 06/01/2019 at 11:05 AM, Razumov said:

Oh, the valiant liberal riding in on his white horse to save a creepy pasta photo!

 


I find it telling that exactly as I said, you won't even look at the evidence. I provided you with the archive link to his old website in the original post you didn't bother to read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131026101434/http://professorjoaodefreitas.com/index.html

https://site.medicina.ufmg.br/apm/sobre/

"They all have a disease" is literally the argument Creationists use to disqualify the entire fossil record of human evolution, and just like a Creationist when shown evidence contrary to your beliefs you will deny it without even looking at it.

 

No, Cretinists use “Satan did it” to explain fossils. 

And you haven’t shown any evidence contrary to our beliefs, all you’ve done is go “nuhaa... Can’t hear you, lalala”. And, frankly, using the very real atrocities the Nazis committed to perpetuate your theory does such a stunning disservice to the victims of the Nazis that you should be ashamed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, Cretinists use “Satan did it” to explain fossils. 

And you haven’t shown any evidence contrary to our beliefs, all you’ve done is go “nuhaa... Can’t hear you, lalala”. And, frankly, using the very real atrocities the Nazis committed to perpetuate your theory does such a stunning disservice to the victims of the Nazis that you should be ashamed.


Holy sh* dude, got PMS? The OP mentiones the fringe scenario of SA Nazi activity / experimentation, and you claim he is thereby doing a stunning disservice to the victims of thesame?!

Seems to me there are some emotionally charged individuals on this thread, doing a stunning disservice for adult conversation, even if the subject is 'out there', these sort of irrational lashouts are completely and utterly uncalled for, unbecoming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
6 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:


Holy sh* dude, got PMS? The OP mentiones the fringe scenario of SA Nazi activity / experimentation, and you claim he is thereby doing a stunning disservice to the victims of thesame?!

Seems to me there are some emotionally charged individuals on this thread, doing a stunning disservice for adult conversation, even if the subject is 'out there', these sort of irrational lashouts are completely and utterly uncalled for, unbecoming. 

Yes.
Going "ohh look, I've got some wacky woo, I'll lend credence to it by intimating that the Nazis did it" does a massive disservice to the actual victims of the Nazis by reducing their genuine suffering to a catch-all for something that people don't understand, believe despite not understanding and want to make other people think is possible genuine.

As for "unbecoming", the OP is turning someone suffering from some debilitating disorder into a side-show in order to advance their own flavour of wacky woo. That is unbecoming. Any level of scorn or "emotionally charged" commentary is secondary to that offence of common humanity.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
7 hours ago, Razumov said:

:rolleyes: The wiki article is far from accurate and although there were shinobi and they were far from monks, the term Ninja was never used.  Wakarimasu ka Roshia jin? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
8 hours ago, Razumov said:

The problem with this theory is that neither I nor anyone else can find a medical condition with symptoms that actually match her characteristics.

 

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Chromosomal-Abnormalities.aspx

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/guides/pages/73/faqs-about-chromosome-disorders

These are some links to start with. You might have to have a subscription to a medical journal or study-paper site to get into more detail

Now, on my people's interaction and intermarriage with the Japanese. We lived side by side and intermarried. My ancestral family farm was right off of Deerfield Pike 2 miles from the Temple which my stepfather's father was involved with. 

http://sbtnj.org/sbtnj.org/website2/? hp/

https://encyclopedia.densho.org/Seabrook_Farms/

http://nanticoke-lenapetribalnation.org/about/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
8 hours ago, Razumov said:

The evidence for this theory is the native folklore in the Americas and Indonesia of wild dwarfish creatures with dorsal manes, and the reconstructions of the Indonesian Hobbit that resemble her.

Could you link me with the Native folklore? Because the Wemeteguuniis (Little People) in our legends were not described that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
11 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Are you ever going to provide any reliable primary sources for your information? Or is it going to be secondhand rumors from dubious websites and old "mystery" books as usual?

Right,

You have a bunch of unknowns, you cant draw a scientific conclusion from unknown and guesses, appling the theory you like best as the best possible answer.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
On 12/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Arguably, there are similarities to Williams Syndrome - heavy lids, wide mouth, big eyes ... could it be possible the poor girl had Down’s syndrome as well as Williams? 

Yeah, I was going to say she looks far more severe than photos of people with Williams Syndrome.

Whatever the case, she is a human, not a hybrid.  Poor girl.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, I was going to say she looks far more severe than photos of people with Williams Syndrome.

But there is several disorders above it. Williams is missing 27 genes. There are disorders where you are missing up to 35 that don't have a name just a number designation. I went to a specific neurologist who studied these disorders when I stopped believing my mother and grandpop's woocrap and you wouidn't believe some of the mutations they cause. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 8-1-2019 at 12:02 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes.
Going "ohh look, I've got some wacky woo, I'll lend credence to it by intimating that the Nazis did it" does a massive disservice to the actual victims of the Nazis by reducing their genuine suffering to a catch-all for something that people don't understand, believe despite not understanding and want to make other people think is possible genuine.

As for "unbecoming", the OP is turning someone suffering from some debilitating disorder into a side-show in order to advance their own flavour of wacky woo. That is unbecoming. Any level of scorn or "emotionally charged" commentary is secondary to that offence of common humanity.


Oh poppycock, I can hardly imagine any Nazi victim, or family thereof (like, mine) will feel threatened / 'reduced' or otherwise maltreated by someone proposing the possibility of deranged experimentation done by 'the Nazi scientific community'.

Whats 'unbecoming' is to assume you know something for a fact while you in fact do not (like the nature o/t subject matter of this OP being a disorder - which, although the most likely explanation, certainly not provenly so), only to proceed to bully, ridicule, misrepresent (OP never stated 'the Nazi's did it', OP offered a - in his eyes - possible scenario) and.. as some sort of 'Nazi victim delegitimizer'. To define this thread as some sort of 'side show' trying to somehow profit from this (because thats what youre implying with these specific words) interesting case is also quite ridiculous imho.

But it seems you people are on a roll here, defending eachother in your behaviour against the OP (which he might deserve from past actions, but I cannot see legitimization here), so I'll leave you gentlement with a closing 'Play on!'..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxieRosalee
On 1/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, Phaeton80 said:

But it seems you people are on a roll here, defending eachother in your behaviour against the OP (which he might deserve from past actions, but I cannot see legitimization here)

Not sure what you mean exactly by "behaviour against the OP", or what kind of "roll" we're supposedly on, or which exact members you're trying to point out with the term "people." I just came in here to post my own thoughts on the topic and poke a bit of fun at OP's heated remarks towards skeptics commenting against him. I'm simply assuming that most others in this thread are doing the same.

I do personally agree it's a bit disrespectful towards this woman to compare her to literal anthropomorphic ape character (Zira of Planet of the Apes) and to try and use sources that call this woman and others suffering from similar disorders as "freaks of nature", calling her an "it" as if she weren't a person, and repeatedly calling her a "creature." 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, Phaeton80 said:

so I'll leave you gentlement with a closing 'Play on!'..

Thanks, I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

To clarify my view, to me its about context and if the person using the term is being mean or just using a descriptor,

For example to most interested old school slideshows a common name for a deformed human in a jar is "pickled punk" this has always made me feel sad about that poor person in the jar and what feels like a uncaring lable.

The term "freak" was phased out and made a bad word not by the people earning a living as "freaks" but mostly by noisy negativists, 

Example otis jordan billed himself as "frog boy" and had a medical condition he liked sideshow work better than collecting aid,

After decades of performing a lady with the same condition sees him at a fair and gets angry and raises hell so Otis a caring soul who i met several times changed his act to human cigarette machine and lost a big hunk of income, it varies person to person what is offensive ir not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.