Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Half of US adults have jailbird family

Eldorado

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not care if you brake old spitting on the street law, or any other law that does not affect me,  traffic laws however, do affect me, vast majority of them, and i totally for, punishing you for braking those, since you are endangering others on the road.  whether you wear a belt is not my concern.

I wasn't just talking about just traffic laws.

Just now, Truthseeker007 said:

I wasn't just talking about just traffic laws.

neither was i talking about only traffic laws, but they are best for the argument,  laws that do not affect anyone, i really do not care if you brake, laws that do affect everyone, like traffic laws, i do care.

we have stupid 25mph law in nyc, it is too slow for some streets,  i do not like it at all, yet i know i will get a ticket if i speed,  so i do not. i'd rather drive slower,  not get a ticket and not deal with the consequences, others chose to speed, not pay a ticket cuz it is not fair, and have much bigger problems later. simple difference between right and wrong choices.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, aztek said:

neither was i talking about only traffic laws, but they are best for the argument,  laws that do not affect anyone, i really do not care if you brake, laws that do affect everyone, like traffic laws, i do care.

we have stupid 25mph law in nyc, it is too slow for some streets,  i do not like it at all, yet i know i will get a ticket if i speed,  so i do not. i'd rather drive slower,  not get a ticket and not deal with the consequences, others chose to speed, not pay a ticket cuz it is not fair, and have much bigger problems later. simple difference between right and wrong choices.

Yea that is pretty much all you can do. OBEY!lol!

• Haha 1

you do the crime you do the time

That is how it goes in the US which why we have the highest prison population in the world.

• Haha 1

you do the crime you do the time

Yet the elite get away with everything. It is only the slaves and serfs that get locked up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is how it goes in the US which why we have the highest prison population in the world.

yea prbly because not a small part of population thinks braking laws is ok if you do not like them, this thread is a great example.  simple cause and effect concept, no wonder we have largest jailbird family

Edited by aztek

Yet the elite get away with everything. It is only the slaves and serfs that get locked up.

see, that is exactly why we have this issue,   don't worry about elite, worry about yourself,  just because they do and sometimes get away is not a green light for you to commit crimes, especially since you know you will not get away.  again stupid vs smart decision concept.

• Like 1

Yea that is pretty much all you can do. OBEY!lol!

yes you can obey traffic laws, or any other laws and live your life without issues, or you can be stupid, cause problems that will make your life harder,  your choice.

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea prbly because not a small part of population thinks braking laws is ok if you do not like them, this thread is a great example.  simple cause and effect concept, no wonder we have largest jailbird family

Or that there are just to many laws. We really only need one law and that is follow the golden rule.

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes you can obey traffic laws, or any other laws and live your life without issues, or you can be stupid, cause problems that will make your life harder,  your choice.

I have never gotten a speeding ticket. "Knock on wood".:lol:But I have gotten a ticket for not sitting for 5 seconds at a stop sign.

• Like 1

I have never gotten a speeding ticket. "Knock on wood".:lol:But I have gotten a ticket for not sitting for 5 seconds at a stop sign.

then what are you complaining about? would you want someone drive like an idiot where you live? run stops, speed twice the posted limit???.... i sure would not, and have no problem when cops catch them and make them pay, so they either stay the F away from where i live, or learn their mistake , and not do it again

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

then what are you complaining about? would you want someone drive like an idiot where you live? run stops, speed twice the posted limit???.... i sure would not, and have no problem when cops catch them and make them pay, so they either stay the F away from where i live, or learn their mistake , and not do it again

Well if they are acting stupid sure. But getting a ticket for going 40 in a 35 mile an hour zone is just ridiculous. Also having to wait 5 seconds at a stop sign when there is not a car in site.

Well if they are acting stupid sure. But getting a ticket for going 40 in a 35 mile an hour zone is just ridiculous. Also having to wait 5 seconds at a stop sign when there is not a car in site.

there is about 0,01% you will get pulled over for 5 over. as for 5 second, there is no such law, you could have gone to court and 99% it would be dismissed, yes the cop was an a hole and had to fill ticket quota.  it does happen often, so people are a$$holes especially in a position of power.but i do not see how it justifies braking laws anyway

Edited by aztek

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

there is about 0,01% you will get pulled over for 5 over. as for 5 second, there is no such law, you could have gone to court and 99% it would be dismissed, yes the cop was an a hole and had to fill ticket quota.  it does happen often, so people are a$$holes especially in a position of power.but i do not see how it justifies braking laws anyway

Intermission:

lol, do you really think that video worth anything? yea you do. lol.  well it is no more credible than your post.  just a text someone typed up and made a background music.

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, aztek said:

lol, do you really think that video worth anything? yea you do. lol.  well it is no more credible than your post.  just a text someone typed up and made a background music.

Someone never watched Beavis and Butthead!  It's Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law" from their British Steel album from 1980.  There's even a nice music video where they are holding up places with their guitars!

Related:

The US Senate has passed a sweeping criminal justice reform bill seeking to address concerns that the US locks up too many of its citizens.

The First Step Act, which has been championed by US President Donald Trump, passed by a vote of 87-12.

The bipartisan measure found unlikely support from hardline conservatives and progressive liberals alike.

The US leads the world in number of jailed citizens. Around 2.2m Americans were in jail in 2016, figures show.

The bill, which is expected to be debated in the House of Representatives on Wednesday, only affected federal prisoners which make up approximately 10% of the total US prison population.

Moments after the vote passed, President Trump tweeted: "America is the greatest Country in the world and my job is to fight for ALL citizens, even those who have made mistakes."

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46613564

Just now, Eldorado said:

Related:

The US Senate has passed a sweeping criminal justice reform bill seeking to address concerns that the US locks up too many of its citizens.

The First Step Act, which has been championed by US President Donald Trump, passed by a vote of 87-12.

The bipartisan measure found unlikely support from hardline conservatives and progressive liberals alike.

The US leads the world in number of jailed citizens. Around 2.2m Americans were in jail in 2016, figures show.

The bill, which is expected to be debated in the House of Representatives on Wednesday, only affected federal prisoners which make up approximately 10% of the total US prison population.

Moments after the vote passed, President Trump tweeted: "America is the greatest Country in the world and my job is to fight for ALL citizens, even those who have made mistakes."

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46613564

he can't really  do much about state prisons. it's up to states

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

he can't really  do much about state prisons. it's up to states

But he can set an example and get the conversation started that can lead to reforms at the state level.  It's a start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

But he can set an example and get the conversation started that can lead to reforms at the state level.  It's a start.

if he did not have to deal with 24\7 attacks for every little thing he said and did not. maybe he'd have time to start conversation.  why don't liberals start that conversation, why didn't obama do nothing about prison reforms?

On 12/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

I've never heard of waiting 5 seconds.   You do have to come to a complete stop though.  

If you get a tickets for going 40 in a 35, it would be very rare and a bummer, but you were breaking the law.  

• Like 1