Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who or what was christ?

remey

christ? the christ.

the christ, according to it's word was the SON OF MAN.
according to it's own words. not once did the SON OF MAN, refer to itself,
as the son of god. not once.

ppl all over the world[?] wud, more than likely say, w/o question that the christ, was the son of god.

only thing is[for sure]...the christ NEVER said by way of the bible
''I AM THE SON OF GOD''. so, what or who was it really?

you wud have to feel at least that in order to affirm such a [reckless] tittle,..the holder of such a title, wud make sure that confusion wud not thrive...yes?
one can only assume then that it was and did say it was son of god...but, it never said these words. :(

do ppl know for sure that it was the son of god or not? it is after all, important, yes?

why crucify the son of man otherwise? nothing different really to any other man out there.
plenty of them around 'now', never mind then.

are u ONE of these guys, a 'son of man'?
oh wait...you ARE! ur father was a man and u are...it's son.

so, who the what, or whatever, is the son of man.

men. are they all...son of man?
hmm, what of boys? are they too, son of man? eg. if u have one, ur [own] son?
very confusing. or is it?

rem

I believe Jesus was a great spiritual master and teacher. Unfortunately, I also think much about him has not come down to us clearly confusing his legacy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe Jesus was a great spiritual master and teacher. Unfortunately, I also think much about him has not come down to us clearly confusing his legacy.

He was ahead of his time, like Buddha. We could even call him a jewish Buddha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

However Jesus stressed a belief in the spiritual  where Buddha stressed the practical. So maybe a blending of the two makes for the best Buddha for me.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, remey said:

what are we doing here?

We're showing our descendants how their ancestors lived.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That’s what you get for naming a rock as your main PR guy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

However Jesus stressed a belief in the spiritual  where Buddha stressed the practical. So maybe a blending of the two makes for the best Buddha for me.

Some sort of Jebuddhasus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

There’s some fringe thoerists who suggest that during the 20 odd years between his preaching in the temple as a child and his sermons with the Apostles he did go to China and study there.

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There’s some fringe thoerists who suggest that during the 20 odd years between his preaching in the temple as a child and his sermons with the Apostles he did go to China and study there.

Or, more likely, he could have met one who came from there, who told about Buddha.

Jesus going to the far east and back would take many years. Meeting someone from there would take no time.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Or, more likely, he could have met one who came from there, who told about Buddha.

Jesus going to the far east and back would take many years. Meeting someone from there would take no time.

Not really, a couple of years st the most - the Romans had traders going there all the time.

IMO going by the research I've done over the years, in a nutshell:

Jesus Christ was the head of the Christian terrorist group fighting the Roman empire= well, to the Romans they would have been classed as terrorists..

He died to save us all probably derived from Pontius Pilate saying: 'give yourself up or I'll kill all the jailed Christians" but who knows? I don't that's for sure......

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Not really, a couple of years st the most - the Romans had traders going there all the time.

Yes, but what's more likely?

Occam's Razor says he didn't travel, but met a traveler. But both options are valid.

• Confused 1

the problem is...we are all son of man.
same as any living item's son...as u might see it.

we are exact same as the creator who made each one of us, the parents supposedly.
however...the christ, was not from here. the man, was.

how many of members here, have suffered deja vu?
'reality'? seemingly, if or as u suffer this, more than likely[over 51% majority :) ] u r a re-incarnation!

i supposedly am. i opened the eyes in this head, in a cot 65 years ago. i remember it well, to this moment.
did u open ur eyes inside a tiny body and u felt that u were too big for body and cot....and know w/o a doubt...u were there, right there and then.

do u remember?
if not, but, u have suffered[ and it is a suffering ] deja vu, u are a re-incarnation. many don't suffer it. does that mean, we are here for them. was there anyone here for YOU?
john trudell, who has left here, via 'stage left'...was the same as i but this idiot was destroyed.

he mentioned in a short vid, that ''when i arrived here, i was knocked unconscious''. due to care and attention from the folks around and near him, the man, j. trudell, survived well enuff, to go forward with such as what was available as food and provide that food plus alot more to the world. he was 'crazy horse'. i wud like to have met that man and spoken with him. we wud be a happy pair, heading off to somewhere other than where we all are now with the codex safe and sound carefully carried to why we are all here
...and we wud have.
wud anyone wish to head out to 'K-Pax'? am not crazy. the last 65 years were nothing else but, pure madeness and sickness!!!! :)
and worser! cos the train won't leave w/o those codex. i need someone. am not allowed to carry the codex. one? only one is needed.
what we think and what is...are they 3 different things? :(
as and if u want, enuff...you will have.

as u think, and then do...that think...

it is there, right in front

and then left behind,

you. the carry is what it is all about. we want to get to home...or stay here?

edit: u saw that bit of entertainment, 'fight club' yeah?
hmm, 'what if'? famous last words. or are they?

Edited by remey

26 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Some sort of Jebuddhasus. 

Budsuds.

Or... Humperdoo?

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, remey said:

only thing is[for sure]...the christ NEVER said by way of the bible
''I AM THE SON OF GOD''. so, what or who was it really?

Actually, He DID say He was God.  If you are truly interested in learning about what He said about Himself you can do so in a couple of scriptures.  If you are unwilling to read or credit scripture with any accuracy then learning about Jesus isn't happening.  There are plenty here who will tell you everything He ISN'T.  

http://www.bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john8-before-abraham-was-i-am.htm    

• Like 4

And technically, he WASNT the son of any man. Woman, certainly, but there was no man. 

https://www.amazon.com/New-Testament-David-Bentley-Hart/dp/0300186096

23404adeb877ac9ed84115181030b55e.jpg?ito

David Bentley Hart undertook this new translation of the New Testament in the spirit of “etsi doctrina non daretur,” “as if doctrine is not given.” Reproducing the texts’ often fragmentary formulations without augmentation or correction, he has produced a pitilessly literal translation, one that captures the texts’ impenetrability and unfinished quality while awakening readers to an uncanniness that often lies hidden beneath doctrinal layers.

The early Christians’ sometimes raw, astonished, and halting prose challenges the idea that the New Testament affirms the kind of people we are. Hart reminds us that they were a company of extremists, radical in their rejection of the values and priorities of society not only at its most degenerate, but often at its most reasonable and decent. “To live as the New Testament language requires,” he writes, “Christians would have to become strangers and sojourners on the earth, to have here no enduring city, to belong to a Kingdom truly not of this world. And we surely cannot do that, can we?”

6 hours ago, remey said:

ppl all over the world[?] wud, more than likely say, w/o question that the christ, was the son of god.

No they would not, it is common knowledge he never said he was. 

Post #2 basically covers it.

But my question to you is,  were you in a real hurry when you typed this out? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, remey said:

how many of members here, have suffered deja vu?
'reality'? seemingly, if or as u suffer this, more than likely[over 51% majority :) ] u r a re-incarnation!

as and if u want, enuff

What are you on about? We are the descendants of the past generations.  

Please note you are on a forum, you have spent the time to post so can you spent a little more time in typing correctly. There is no need to shorten your words, we are in no big hurry.

You are trying to debate about a person who allegedly live over 2000 years ago and yet you can not spend that extra 2 seconds in completing words.

You posting is frustation to read and i can hardly make heads or tails of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What are you on about? We are the descendants of the past generations.  

Please note you are on a forum, you have spent the time to post so can you spent a little more time in typing correctly. There is no need to shorten your words, we are in no big hurry.

You are trying to debate about a person who allegedly live over 2000 years ago and yet you can not spend that extra 2 seconds in completing words.

You posting is frustation to read and i can hardly make heads or tails of it.

Looks/sounds like he's a youngster used to typing with his thumbs on a cell phone. The English language is doomed!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

Looks/sounds like he's a youngster used to typing with his thumbs on a cell phone. The English language is doomed!!

Yes youngster or not, some call it abuse of the net.

I can't be the only one that can't read that ..? <snip> type of typing, the next step all the publishing houses will give up and it will be Mike Tyson speak all over the place, in every book, on all the signs, in well its already in the colleges down in the states, well depending on which state.  Some profs actually accept a final thesis hand written, reminds me of that crazy movie where everyone ended up dumber and dumber in the future.

Oh don't tell me now I'm banned I wasn't PC correct or some other nonsense.  Okay and to address a trace of the topic, it probably depends on what flavour of church one goes to as some will say our way or the highway and by the Gods he's the son of god.  The next church down the block would say he was a man but in god's light and the holy ghost spirits or some crap. Oh the trinity just remembered.  They all have their own little spins.  I'd say he and some of his groupies were exceptionally extreme zealots and its a good thing they didn't have 60/\/\bs back then.  As different churches in any city are so different its amazing they get along at all, but they do and its strange with their odd beliefs, some are even hilarious, <snip>eeeeh I can't name names or even type a few things, I guess that's enough commenting for me HA!  Oh no reply necessary, I seldom get to these forums.

Edited by MWoo7

• The title was changed to Who or what was christ?