Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who or what was christ?

remey

4 hours ago, Razumov said:

The early Christians’ sometimes raw, astonished, and halting prose challenges the idea that the New Testament affirms the kind of people we are.

Could you provide some examples of this? I’ve read the New Testament in the original Greek, the Vulgate and various historical English translations and those are not words I’d use to describe the texts. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Or, more likely, he could have met one who came from there, who told about Buddha.

Jesus going to the far east and back would take many years. Meeting someone from there would take no time.

Wasn't Siddartha born a few centuries later? 

Shouldn't this be in the religious section?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, remey said:

christ? the christ.

the christ, according to it's word was the SON OF MAN.
according to it's own words. not once did the SON OF MAN, refer to itself,
as the son of god. not once.

ppl all over the world[?] wud, more than likely say, w/o question that the christ, was the son of god.

If you mean Yeshua of Nazareth, only a third of the people currently living on Earth would say that.  If you count everyone who's ever lived, the percentage is quite a bit smaller.  Most of the world religions don't feature a deity that says all humans are born in sin and you need sacrifices to clean up the sin.

only thing is[for sure]...the christ NEVER said by way of the bible
''I AM THE SON OF GOD''. so, what or who was it really?

you wud have to feel at least that in order to affirm such a [reckless] tittle,..the holder of such a title, wud make sure that confusion wud not thrive...yes?
one can only assume then that it was and did say it was son of god...but, it never said these words. :(

do ppl know for sure that it was the son of god or not? it is after all, important, yes?

As I said, to most nations it's a non-starter.  And there are literally millions of people who claimed to be the sons and daughters of various deities, including the Christian deity.  Early rulers in China and the Middle East (and elsewhere) claimed that they had gods as their parents and were actually worshiped as gods while they were alive and after their deaths.  Khufu (the one buried in the Great Pyramid), for example, was worshiped as a god for longer than Jesus has been worshiped.

Also, in early Christianity, there was a lot of confusion (and wars and actually genocide) over the issue of whether Jesus was actually part of the Christian deity or only the son or a mortal who was elevated.  Christian rulers conducted a crusade against another Christian sect over this very issue.

why crucify the son of man otherwise? nothing different really to any other man out there.
plenty of them around 'now', never mind then.

It was a popular form of execution used on tens of thousands of people, including Spartacus (who was also rumored to be divine.)

are u ONE of these guys, a 'son of man'?
oh wait...you ARE! ur father was a man and u are...it's son.

so, who the what, or whatever, is the son of man.

men. are they all...son of man?
hmm, what of boys? are they too, son of man? eg. if u have one, ur [own] son?
very confusing. or is it?

rem

No, I am not the son of man or the son of a man.  I do have a son, yes.

And you subtitled your thread "truth, perhaps" but I think you need to do some more reading on the Christian religion and on other world religions.  And history.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Wasn't Siddartha born a few centuries later? 

It is estimated that he lived from 450-370 BC.

If you are referring to Jesus Christ in the Bible it was just an interesting story created by Aristocrats to create a new religion based on a superman like character.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

He was ahead of his time, like Buddha. We could even call him a jewish Buddha.

Yea because there are a lot of Jewish people with blue eyes and straight hair.:lol:

I have found this explanation to be pretty accurate.

How the Jesus myth was created:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/master_file/jesusmyth.htm

This Awareness indicates that even the New Testament is assembled from patterns related to stories taken from earlier sources, such as Zoroastrian, Mithrain, Krishna, Buddhism, and Egyptian, and others, in which many verses are literally paraphrasing earlier writings, and many of the stories attributed to the story of Jesus, were lifted directly out of these other writings. The story of Jesus at the well, as one which was taken from earlier writings. This Awareness indicates that it is of importance that entities realize the origins of the Bible did not come from the pen of God, but came from the earlier writings in different cultures and nations at the time these Hebrew priests put this work together. This Awareness indicates that these countries who were plagiarized then became labeled as heathen, - nations whose philosophies were heathenistic, but this was only after their stories had been stolen.

First of all, you have to realize that Jesus was a composite of different entities and the name was chosen several hundred years later at the Council of Nicea, wherein the entity Constantine ordered the various religious sects to come together and create a single religion for Rome, a Universal religion that incorporated all of the aspects of the various religions, so that all could accept and subscribe to it.

10 hours ago, danydandan said:

Shouldn't this be in the religious section?

Shouldn't YOU, Father Danydandan???

LOL just funnin' ya, Dany

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Dany dan always does seem a bit to serious. He may need to go get drunk or something and lighten up.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Dany dan always does seem a bit to serious. He may need to go get drunk or something and lighten up.:lol:

Perhaps you should lay off the stereotyping eh? Ye big fecking eejit ye!

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Only if it's the Gospel according to Ted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Perhaps you should lay off the stereotyping eh? Ye big fecking eejit ye!

Only if it's the Gospel according to Ted. 

Not stereotyping just making an observation. If I was stereotyping I would say all Irish are drunks.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Not stereotyping just making an observation. If I was stereotyping I would say all Irish are drunks.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have Irish genes in my and most of my family are drunks so who's to say?:lol:

I'm just glad your able to take the pist. Some people actually believe I'm a Catholic priest! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'm just glad your able to take the pist. Some people actually believe I'm a Catholic priest! 

Nice to see you with some humor. Your avatar reminds me of the guy from the show Friends.lol!! Was it Joey?lol!

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have found this explanation to be pretty accurate.

How the Jesus myth was created:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/master_file/jesusmyth.htm

This Awareness indicates that even the New Testament is assembled from patterns related to stories taken from earlier sources, such as Zoroastrian, Mithrain, Krishna, Buddhism, and Egyptian, and others, in which many verses are literally paraphrasing earlier writings, and many of the stories attributed to the story of Jesus, were lifted directly out of these other writings. The story of Jesus at the well, as one which was taken from earlier writings. This Awareness indicates that it is of importance that entities realize the origins of the Bible did not come from the pen of God, but came from the earlier writings in different cultures and nations at the time these Hebrew priests put this work together. This Awareness indicates that these countries who were plagiarized then became labeled as heathen, - nations whose philosophies were heathenistic, but this was only after their stories had been stolen.

First of all, you have to realize that Jesus was a composite of different entities and the name was chosen several hundred years later at the Council of Nicea, wherein the entity Constantine ordered the various religious sects to come together and create a single religion for Rome, a Universal religion that incorporated all of the aspects of the various religions, so that all could accept and subscribe to it.

That's not a very reliable site.

While the Jesus story may have come from a number of cultures, the Egyptian influence is non-existent (they are basing their claim on some meme (demonstrably false) going around about Horus being born on December 25, having a virgin birth (nope), having 13 disciples (nope).. etc.)  Some of the things attributed to him are things other people have also said...but there's no real wholesale copying of material.

A much better source for thoughtful commentary on religion would be the Patheos blog: https://www.patheos.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Nice to see you with some humor. Your avatar reminds me of the guy from the show Friends.lol!! Was it Joey?lol!

You better be joking. And if your not I'm very sad. My Avatar is Father Ted, the best sitcom ever. To have it uttered in the same breathe as Friends I'm very disappointed. 

Watch the video I linked. For pure comic bliss.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

That's not a very reliable site.

While the Jesus story may have come from a number of cultures, the Egyptian influence is non-existent (they are basing their claim on some meme (demonstrably false) going around about Horus being born on December 25, having a virgin birth (nope), having 13 disciples (nope).. etc.)  Some of the things attributed to him are things other people have also said...but there's no real wholesale copying of material.

A much better source for thoughtful commentary on religion would be the Patheos blog: https://www.patheos.com/

I find the site very reliable but you are free to your opinion.

Not sure where the link I posted talks about Horus or Dec 25th but maybe you didn't take the time to read it.

There is plenty of Egyptian influence on it. For one just read the Book of the Dead and you will see much influence. Not to mention the remake of Osiris. But I enjoy that link also you posted.

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You better be joking. And if your not I'm very sad. My Avatar is Father Ted, the best sitcom ever. To have it uttered in the same breathe as Friends I'm very disappointed. 

Watch the video I linked. For pure comic bliss.

Idk looks pretty close lol:

I actually have not ever heard of Father Ted but I don't usually watch TV in Europe.lol!!

gallery-1502282099-matt-le-blanc-joey-friends.jpg

2 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I find the site very reliable but you are free to your opinion.

Not sure where the link I posted talks about Horus or Dec 25th but maybe you didn't take the time to read it.

There is plenty of Egyptian influence on it. For one just read the Book of the Dead and you will see much influence. Not to mention the remake of Osiris. But I enjoy that link also you posted.

Over the years we've encountered many articles from Bibliocalyptades, and almost all have been poorly researched.  If you use them, you run into a lot of problems-- for example, you may have read something called "the Book of the Dead" -- but there was no such book for the ancient Egyptians.  The book you read was one out of a series of four (what's missing is the discussion of where the texts came from and what was contained in each one.  Each mummy had their own copy of a Book of the Dead -- but it was created for that person and was basically a collection of their favorite verses. 

Some of the stuff in the "Book of the Dead" you read came from coffin interiors.

And the story of Osiris doesn't match anything in Jesus' life.  He didn't have a wife, wasn't killed by a jealous brother, wasn't cut into pieces, didn't have his manhood swallowed by a fish, and wasn't brought back to life by his wife (who used magic), etc, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Idk looks pretty close lol:

I actually have not ever heard of Father Ted but I don't usually watch TV in Europe.lol!!

gallery-1502282099-matt-le-blanc-joey-friends.jpg

I advise Netflixing the crap out of Father Ted. It's literally the greatest comdey ever written.

• Like 1

Jesus the Son of the Carpenter, the Son of Man, the God never ever existed.

Jesus, the crucified did exist. Jesus ben Stada. 

Jesus, the Miracle-worker did exist. Jesus ben Pandira.

So, who is the Jesus the Divine?

A Construct. A concocted divinity created by the Jewish rebels to incite the Jewish People to rebel against the Roman occupation. Take a handful of the miracle worker, add a fake genealogy to David, take a bit if the crucified rebel Jesus and et voila...the Man-God. They even added Jesus Barabbas (The surname literally meaning the So of the Father)

The Gospels? Fantasy tales created by the rebels.

The Apostles? Jewish rebels of course,

Well, the Rebels never knew that their tale would be hijacked by an Agent of Rome, Saul aka St. Paul to dish out the calm, merciful, peace-loving Jesus to lull the Jewish people into a smug calm nature.

From then, the infection started and still continues.

Edited by The_Spartan
to add spice!
  • Like 4

The existing tales of the character known as Jesus Christ is retold in its entirety here:

Exhibit 5: The Book of Man ASCENSION
https://vimeo.com/album/3943901/video/264143436

And if you wish to see where this led for the creation of the manifesto referred to as the New Book, then follow up here:

Exhibit 5; Part 2
https://vimeo.com/album/3943901/video/282237857

This is based on the most recent evidence of the fabrication of most of the book, as well as the corruption of the master teacher's real message.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I advise Netflixing the crap out of Father Ted. It's literally the greatest comdey ever written.

I will have to check it out.Thanks.lol!!

• The title was changed to Who or what was christ?