Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump talked outta violating the law

Unusual Tournament

Rex Tillerson says Donald Trump had to be talked out of doing things that ‘violate the law’

Donald Trump has called Rex Tillerson “dumb as a rock” and “lazy”, after the former Secretary of State claimed the US President “tried to do illegal things”.

Trump took to Twitter after Tillerson told a newspaper that Trump didn’t like to read briefing papers and had to be talked out of taking actions that would be illegal.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/rex-tillerson-says-donald-trump-had-to-be-talked-out-of-doing-things-that-violate-the-law/news-story/506a8f170fb79d8fb552c95dc72c0c74

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This has been chronically reported that Trump does not like briefings and even less likes being told anything much. This is his strength and major weakness, IMO. 

• Like 1

Trump surrounds himself with yes men. If anyone disagrees with him, or even shows a hint of a spine, they're gone. Usually preceded by a tweet from Trump saying he has complete confidence in the poor smuck. They are now called #doom tweets.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

News flash!

Trump asked an attorney what he is legally allowed to do as president...duh! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

News flash!

Trump asked an attorney what he is legally allowed to do as president...duh! :lol:

Most people seem unaware or unconcerned that there are so many laws on the books that the average citizen breaks one or more nearly every day.  That's why Herr Mueller's inquisition was guaranteed to hit paydirt eventually.  What he's doing should itself be criminal and in a just society, it would be.  I have a feeling that Trump is going to crush him, eventually.  I can't wait to see him crash, burn and be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

News flash!

Rex Tillerson isn't a attorney.  He's got a degree in civil engineering actually.  He was the former head of Exxon.   Are you talking about Cohen, perhaps?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Rex Tillerson isn't a attorney.  He's got a degree in civil engineering actually.  He was the former head of Exxon.   Are you talking about Cohen, perhaps?

So what is Tillerson's concern about the legalities of Trump's requested information if he isn't an attorney? What weight does his opinion hold...which is the topic of this thread?

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So what is Tillerson's concern about the legalities of Trump's requested information if he isn't an attorney? What weight does his opinion hold...which is the topic of this thread?

He was Secretary of State and Trump was telling him to do things that were blatantly illegal (even to a civil engineer).  He told Trump no and Trump is now saying he is stupid and lazy- Even though he ran a company 100x bigger than Trumps. 

Edit to add: Trump wasn't asking him legal advice, but telling him to break the law.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He was Secretary of State and Trump was telling him to do things that were blatantly illegal (even to a civil engineer).  He told Trump no and Trump is now saying he is stupid and lazy- Even though he ran a company 100x bigger than Trumps. 

Edit to add: Trump wasn't asking him legal advice, but telling him to break the law.

I read au almost daily and they are decidedly left wing. I would have to see more evidence to form an opinion.

Tillerson, McMaster's, Priebus, Mnuchin, Kelly, and many others have been described by Trump as stupid and they have all called Trump stupid in return. it should also be mentioned that it was Trump that employed these stupid's in the first place and tweeted to the world just how good they all were, implying that they were the opposite of stupid... and that these stupids all choose to work for a stupid. maybe none of them are stupid and its just name calling. which is pretty stupid if you think about it. but I'm of the opinion that you have to be stupid to know a stupid, which means that there is very good chance that they're all stupid. now i certainly don't want to look down on others and be disparaging but it would seem there's a lot of stupid at the white house these days. which would mean that America is run by stupids, voted in by Americans that must be stupid!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, and then said:

Most people seem unaware or unconcerned that there are so many laws on the books that the average citizen breaks one or more nearly every day.  That's why Herr Mueller's inquisition was guaranteed to hit paydirt eventually.  What he's doing should itself be criminal and in a just society, it would be.  I have a feeling that Trump is going to crush him, eventually.  I can't wait to see him crash, burn and be forgotten.

That's truly the dumbest statement I have ever seen on this forum.  No, the average citizen does not break a law every day.  Do you have something to back that stat up?  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

News flash!

Well, lets just hope that attorney was Cohen...AMIRITE?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

That's truly the dumbest statement I have ever seen on this forum.  No, the average citizen does not break a law every day.  Do you have something to back that stat up?  

Well, in Pennsilvania:

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

There is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.

there are others.

AT may have been being flippant, but he has a point. 

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

I read au almost daily and they are decidedly left wing. I would have to see more evidence to form an opinion.

The quote is from Tillerson's lips. He's the source, not 'au'.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Yes the average citizen does break the law everyday and some estimate that 3 of which are felonies.

This is the information age and you are not utilizing it for your full potential. Now who's making dumb statements?:rolleyes:

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yes the average citizen does break the law everyday and some estimate that 3 of which are felonies.

This is the information age and you are not utilizing it for your full potential. Now who's making dumb statements?:rolleyes:

Bahahha, according to some lawyer who wrote a book?  And his "3 felonies a day" he says applies to busy professionals because using work email, and posting on the internet can be interpreted as a crime.  It's some BS lawyer trying to sell a book.  Certainly not an actual statistic to prove a statement.  Like I said, I need to see a statistic.  Because there isn't one in his book.  I used the information age to it's full potential to figure that out.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Bahahha, according to some lawyer who wrote a book?  And his "3 felonies a day" he says applies to busy professionals because using work email, and posting on the internet can be interpreted as a crime.  It's some BS lawyer trying to sell a book.  Certainly not an actual statistic to prove a statement.  Like I said, I need to see a statistic.  Because there isn't one in his book.  I used the information age to it's full potential to figure that out.

To be fair, this all could be about Trump asking Tillerson to send a classified email to Ivanka using a personal account.....

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Trump surrounds himself with yes men. If anyone disagrees with him, or even shows a hint of a spine, they're gone. Usually preceded by a tweet from Trump saying he has complete confidence in the poor smuck. They are now called #doom tweets.

Hank

Trump recently tweeted he has confidence in Kelly.

I guess some people will immediately conclude Kelly was lazy, dumb, liberal plant too.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

So you want statistics on people breaking and law and not getting caught. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So you want statistics on people breaking and law and not getting caught. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

So you want me to take someone's comment at face value when there is no ability to provide evidence?  Gotcha.

• Like 1

If it's ridiculous to be asked to provide evidence for such a claim then it's automatically ridiculous to make the claim in the first place. If it's not possible to prove his assertions, then how did he reach his conclusion in the first place?

For the record, there are statistics on crimes that haven't resulted in arrests or convictions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

If it's ridiculous to be asked to provide evidence for such a claim then it's automatically ridiculous to make the claim in the first place. If it's not possible to prove his assertions, then how did he reach his conclusion in the first place?

For the record, there are statistics on crimes that haven't resulted in arrests or convictions.

Common Sense..........

For the record, there are no statistics on people breaking the law and not getting caught. People break traffic laws every time they get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/3044794/How-we-all-break-the-law-every-day.html

Top 20 crimes we commit in the UK

1. Speeding

2. Talking on a mobile/texting while driving

3. Dropping litter

4. Illegally downloading music

5. Cycling on pavements

6. Eating or drinking while driving

7. Having sex in a public place

8. Parking partly on a pavement

9. Taking drugs

10. Not wearing a seatbelt

11. Having sex under the age of 16

12. Parking on double yellow lines

13. Cycling with lights after dark

14. Not cleaning up dog poo

15. Smoking in a public place

16. Driving through a red light

17. Not having a TV license

18. Not informing the DVLA of a change of address/name

19. Taking a child out of school for a holiday without the head's permission

20. Carry an offensive weapon

58 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Common Sense..........

For the record, there are no statistics on people breaking the law and not getting caught. People break traffic laws every time they get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/3044794/How-we-all-break-the-law-every-day.html

Top 20 crimes we commit in the UK

1. Speeding

2. Talking on a mobile/texting while driving

3. Dropping litter

4. Illegally downloading music

5. Cycling on pavements

6. Eating or drinking while driving

7. Having sex in a public place

8. Parking partly on a pavement

9. Taking drugs

10. Not wearing a seatbelt

11. Having sex under the age of 16

12. Parking on double yellow lines

13. Cycling with lights after dark

14. Not cleaning up dog poo

15. Smoking in a public place

16. Driving through a red light

17. Not having a TV license

18. Not informing the DVLA of a change of address/name

19. Taking a child out of school for a holiday without the head's permission

20. Carry an offensive weapon

Illegal is illegal!  We should deport them all.  Ooops.  Wrong thread.

Come to think of it, I probably should bring this over to the thread on jailed family members to demonstrate further how we criminalize the poor for not being able to pay the fines for these offenses that everyone commits every day.

Of course there are - there are studies done on the subject and everything. One glaring example is drug use, something that there are countless studies on. Then we have rape, domestic abuse, and a whole host of other crimes that happen without being reported.

• Like 1