Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arkaim: Russia’s Stonehenge

Unusual Tournament

Arkaim: Russia's Stonehenge and a puzzle of the Ancient World

• Thanks 1

Risky, you know better than just to post a video. 

Say something to start a conversation or stop wasting our time. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ohh good lord that narration grinds my gears.

I like to watch YT videos as much as the next person, but when I come across one of those computer-generated voices, I immediately click off.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

another concentric circle designed city-town just like Atlantis and Troy. very bronze age...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

another concentric circle designed city-town just like Atlantis and Troy. very bronze age...

Circle is a logical choice for defence - you can position archers in the centre and have 360 degree fire arcs, there are no corners to obscure line of sight, no weak points to be assailed, it needs the least amount of material for the greatest surface area, winds blow around curves rather than batter against flat surfaces.

theres also an enduring image from that period of human history of the spiral. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Circle is a logical choice for defence - you can position archers in the centre and have 360 degree fire arcs, there are no corners to obscure line of sight, no weak points to be assailed, it needs the least amount of material for the greatest surface area, winds blow around curves rather than batter against flat surfaces.

theres also an enduring image from that period of human history of the spiral. 

yes and no. even though its a great defensive position its really only suited to flat land where the terrain requires equal vigilance on all sides. on an island or mountainous land the shape of the geography should dictate the shape and size of the citadel. which brings me to my next point... circled cities like those of Atlantis must have been inland cities with canals and rivers. water would have been important so i wonder if there was a river running through or very close to this city of Arkaim in ancient times.  

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Good observation, but in another thread I explained Atlantis (if real) would be neolithic or pre-Chalcolithic. Nothing in the historical record would place Atlantis in the Bronze Age. Then again, there's no such thing as Atlantis, is there?

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

yes and no. even though its a great defensive position its really only suited to flat land where the terrain requires equal vigilance on all sides. on an island or mountainous land the shape of the geography should dictate the shape and size of the citadel. which brings me to my next point... circled cities like those of Atlantis must have been inland cities with canals and rivers. water would have been important so i wonder if there was a river running through or very close to this city of Arkaim in ancient times.  

Please don’t tell me this is ANOTHER proof by innuendo thread for Atlantis.

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Good observation, but in another thread I explained Atlantis (if real) would be neolithic or pre-Chalcolithic. Nothing in the historical record would place Atlantis in the Bronze Age. Then again, there's no such thing as Atlantis, is there?

yes but Atlantis is described as a concentric circled city. thats a bronze age mind at work. ;)

Just now, Captain Risky said:

yes but Atlantis is described as a concentric circled city. thats a bronze age mind at work. ;)

That’s the mind of anyone in the possession of a pair of sticks or a stick anf some rope who has decided to make one of those cool round circle things.

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Please don’t tell me this is ANOTHER proof by innuendo thread for Atlantis.

just an observation.

Interesting suggestion that the concentric circles are a model of the universe on the Wiki page on Arkaim.

1280px-Arkaim_Infographic.jpg

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b11a/37afae783b7bc5ab89927d7beac53ad0101a.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Victor_Shnirelman/publication/233650737_Passions_about_Arkaim_Russian_Nationalism_the_Aryans_and_the_Politics_of_Archaeology/links/5a53b977458515e7b72f10de/Passions-about-Arkaim-Russian-Nationalism-the-Aryans-and-the-Politics-of-Archaeology.pdf

A bit more info on this place. Rupert tells me it was a Atlantean rest stop and outhouse  on the route to The  Manpupuner rock formations (in Russia) which are the reset buttons for earth. Unfortunately the contractor made them a bit to big and there is no one presently around big enough to push them in. Poor planning and the manual explaining what each one does - if pushed in - was written in a language that only clever scallops could read and the last intelligent scallop was accidentally made into a seafood cocktail around 29,000 BCE.

450px-%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

yes but Atlantis is described as a concentric circled city. thats a bronze age mind at work.

If Risky is noting that the origin of the Atlantis story lies in the Bronze age, that may be a valid observation without verifying the actual existence of Atlantis itself.  Plato was around 450 BC I think.   The Iron age in Greece started several hundred years earlier.  Possible that Plato was just dusting off an older tale?  A story doesn't have to be true to make it worth retelling or adapting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

If Risky is noting that the origin of the Atlantis story lies in the Bronze age, that may be a valid observation without verifying the actual existence of Atlantis itself.  Plato was around 450 BC I think.   The Iron age in Greece started several hundred years earlier.  Possible that Plato was just dusting off an older tale?  A story doesn't have to be true to make it worth retelling or adapting.

correct!

• Like 1

Flat plains, lots of rivers and canals, horse and chariots, elephants. Bigger than North Africa, outside the pillars of Hercules, mountain ranges north of the city. On an Island or continent. Springs with hot and cold water. Animals of all kinds and forests with tall trees.

Pillars of Hercules?

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Flat plains, lots of rivers and canals, horse and chariots, elephants. Bigger than North Africa, outside the pillars of Hercules, mountain ranges north of the city. On an Island or continent. Springs with hot and cold water. Animals of all kinds and forests with tall trees.

Pillars of Hercules?

You’re doing a great job of making a nonsense of your previous rebuttal that the references to Atlantis was “just an observation”.

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re doing a great job of making a nonsense of your previous rebuttal that the references to Atlantis was “just an observation”.

I'm just posting out loud and you're paranoid. 

48 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I'm just posting out loud and you're paranoid. 

I might be a big fella, but to call me a paironoids is just rude. Take it back or I shall tell Mother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Twenty two comma zero zero zero foot? If one uses thier imagination it almost looks like a swastika? No.

I will admit I'm interested in learning more about the site and the history of people during the time all these neolithic monuments were constructed. The video has some point of interest but also it is complete nonsense.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 10:35 PM, Captain Risky said:

Pillars of Hercules?

No elephants :P  

3 hours ago, Essan said:

No elephants :P  

Hi Essan

I believe in Atlantis Russia that no they did not have elephants but they were waxing wooly mammoths.

jmccr8

• Haha 3