Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I cant stop thinking about 3 things

CuriousinFL

Hi everyone! :)

I am new to this forum and looking for answers (as we all are) 

I've had 3 different experiences that I think about on a daily basis that I don't think I will ever forget but I was hoping that someone here can shed a little light on my experiences (I would greatly appreciate it!)

#1: I was house shopping with my mom and we were looking at a newer home with two older ladies living in it. The minute I walked through the door, the sadder I felt and to be clear, there was nothing sad about the house or the ladies. The more that I walked through the home, the sadder I felt and I found it hard to control. My neck muscles hurt from having to choke back the tears quite literally. I've recently been wondering if someone had died there or something had happened in that house or on that land before being built. I begged my mom not to buy the house because I felt like something was right.

#2 This is a very different story..... a few years later a little girl went missing from the city that I lived in. Her name was Madison and she was taken by 2 escaped convicts. Beautiful little girl, 5 years old I believe. When this happened, I began to have daydreams, nightmares, and I could not stop thinking about her. Essentially I fell down a rabbit hole for a few weeks. I was saddened, anxious, etc.... Eventually, she was found and the men were put away. I can not account for what I did during this time. It was like I felt such a strong reaction or pull to Madison. This has happened a few others times in my adult life where it was like I was in a dream but I am fairly certain it was all real.

#3 This one is probably a little more self-explanatory but I have not experienced it since... I heard my Actual name (not my family nickname) clear as day, whispered into my ear. I thought that I was losing my mind! It was right in my friggin ear!

Thanks everyone!

Your first two experiences do not need to reach for a paranormal type of answer. Reading them about you tells me you have a strong empathy for other people and their pain and can sense it. Maybe too much, as in your period of time lost worrying about the abducted little girl. When you can empathize with a victim, sometimes you cannot shut it off, but as you get older, this may become easier.

The third can be explained two ways.

One, it may have been a one time audial hallucination. Sometimes we hear things that are not really there, or are dropping off to sleep and hear something that snaps us alert again like a name or a sound.

The other explanation is one offered by spiritual circles which is that Spirit was letting you know it is around.

I have heard things that way - clearly words spoken that no one I can see was there to say. Usually it has nothing to do with anything, so I have to shrug and move on. A glitch in the matrix maybe :)

JMO

Welcome to UM.

• Like 3

I think your a very sensitive and spiritually open person,this lets you,whether you like it or not, pick up on others feelings to the point it affects your life.You need to accept others will have problems and its not up to you to take them on to that degree and dwell on them.Being open you will also pick up on spirits and other paranormal stuff,you get used to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

I think your a very sensitive and spiritually open person,this lets you,whether you like it or not, pick up on others feelings to the point it affects your life.You need to accept others will have problems and its not up to you to take them on to that degree and dwell on them.Being open you will also pick up on spirits and other paranormal stuff,you get used to it.

Yes, I am definitely more open to all beliefs and empathize with almost everyone. The older I get, the more I am noticing things. For instance, with my hubby, I can feel his energy (or I think that's what it is).I feel strange saying this but sometimes I swear I can hear his thoughts. I've woken from a dead sleep to feel a sort of "heat" and I knew he was mad before I asked. Turned out he was fuming at me for something. I came across a person before that felt like I walked into a brick wall. I felt pressure in my chest and in my ears and felt like something was not right. I wonder now about that person and if they were up to no good, it was that sort of feeling. 

• Like 1

That's what I'm like with my partner and previous ones.I blame them for having bad vibes and aggressive personalities when its just me picking up on their occasional negative thoughts that everyone has.It makes relationships difficult and makes you hard to live with as people are walking on eggshells not to upset you.Just part of being a very open person.You just have to look at the good parts of it and try not to take on the thoughts of others,otherwise you'll send yourself crazy trying to conform with average people in society.I've come to like being this way with all its ups and downs.

6 hours ago, CuriousinFL said:

Yes, I am definitely more open to all beliefs and empathize with almost everyone. The older I get, the more I am noticing things. For instance, with my hubby, I can feel his energy (or I think that's what it is).I feel strange saying this but sometimes I swear I can hear his thoughts. I've woken from a dead sleep to feel a sort of "heat" and I knew he was mad before I asked. Turned out he was fuming at me for something. I came across a person before that felt like I walked into a brick wall. I felt pressure in my chest and in my ears and felt like something was not right. I wonder now about that person and if they were up to no good, it was that sort of feeling.