Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Eerie lights spotted over North Carolina coast

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

TrikeTrash

Atmospheric refraction, yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pbarosso

those are flares 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occams Razor
On 12/10/2018 at 11:57 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Not sure that would prove much, OR. People in here suggest "flares" - from a boat, perhaps? So an empty ocean does not imply much.

But on "flairs", I think we can safely eliminate that as a solution. The first pair of lights we only saw when the video picked it up so we don't know how long they were there in total. It's the second pair of lights. They don't last long enough to possibly be flares. That - and the fact that they went up in perfect synchrony. How could that happen with one flare gun? 

So for me, "flares" is out.

I thought there maybe a buoy, or boat tied to a buoy or a small peninsula... just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

They look like flares. If so, the reason for the flares would be interesting to know, even if trivial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
6 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

I thought there maybe a buoy, or boat tied to a buoy or a small peninsula... just a thought.

If you look closely, you can see water due to the bright light. There is no boat to be seen, nor an aircraft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
2 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

They look like flares. If so, the reason for the flares would be interesting to know, even if trivial. 

Aerial flares must last minimum of 40 seconds, per Wiki. That second pair of lights doesn't last that long. 

Also, two lights shot up in complete unison? how, 2 flare guns ?

And yet, with two flares (4 at one point) No boat can be seen. Pee poor flares, I'd say.

No. Not flares..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calibeliever

I'm pretty sure this is an oil derrick flaring natural gas. That's is exactly what it looks like from shore. The second set that appears above the first is probably an illusion caused by the atmosphere. I've seen similar off the Ventura and Mexican coasts several times. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, Calibeliever said:

I'm pretty sure this is an oil derrick flaring natural gas. That's is exactly what it looks like from shore.

Yikes!!  Well, can you see an oil derrick in the film? Note, the local fisherman said words to the effect of "here they are again". He should know whether or not there is an oil derrick there or not. Might be worth looking into , if that can be done. Oil off the coast of NC...? Hmmm.....   Not Off Our, Coast Gov. Cooper Says

And I find no links in my short search that show the existence of such drilling, just predictions that it will eventually happen.

Quote

The second set that appears above the first is probably an illusion caused by the atmosphere. I've seen similar off the Ventura and Mexican coasts several times. 

LOL, how can I debate "illusion"???  BTW, you are aware the second set existed for some short time without benefit of the first set being present, right?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Aerial flares must last minimum of 40 seconds, per Wiki. That second pair of lights doesn't last that long. 

Also, two lights shot up in complete unison? how, 2 flare guns ?

And yet, with two flares (4 at one point) No boat can be seen. Pee poor flares, I'd say.

No. Not flares..

I said they look like flares. I don't know that they are, though, and it is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No. Not flares..

not aliens either- though who really knows-- why would it be aliens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

not aliens either- though who really knows-- why would it be aliens?

 

And I said this, exactly when....?   

But now that you mention it, Dejarma, I can't see a reason to eliminate "Aliens", at this point, can you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's Just An Opinion

Why would a UFO need lights? It's not like they would often be landing on a runway or anything, and it's not like they would need it to see. Considering that we already have the technology to scan the ocean floors and through solid rock. There's no was they would rely on physical sight to travel through space. When you could be blinded by sunlight or face human error in judgement, all of which can be avoided by scanning things ahead of you. With all that in mind if it is a UFO I see no reason why it would need to have lights on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alien Origins
4 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

Why would a UFO need lights? It's not like they would often be landing on a runway or anything, and it's not like they would need it to see. Considering that we already have the technology to scan the ocean floors and through solid rock. There's no was they would rely on physical sight to travel through space. When you could be blinded by sunlight or face human error in judgement, all of which can be avoided by scanning things ahead of you. With all that in mind if it is a UFO I see no reason why it would need to have lights on it.

 
Quote

Why would a UFO need lights?

LoL! Yeah. Thats about as stupid as setting up run way lights for these things...And besides, they cannot land on Earth because they crash when they get close to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.