Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
no9800

Visions

no9800

So this is my first post and I came here for other peoples views. I guess this is my weird 'story'.

I am an average teen girl who lives in Britain. Over the last few years there as been a series of terrorist attacks-e.g ariana grandes concert and many more. Every single time before one of these happened I would get a 'vision', I put it in '' as it's not one of those visions like in the movies or its so raven, I could still see everyone else around me, but it would be like a two screened computer. The vision would consist of a Chinese girl running through streets, and I can also hear screaming and shooting. Eventually the girl would run into an alleyway with whitewash walls and run and hide behind a green dumpster in a fetal position(much like that scene from pacific rim). I would get these 'visions' typically 1-3 days before the terrorist/tragic event. To accompany this for the time period from the first terrorist attack to when we sent missiles to Syria, I felt like unsafe. Like in my house the best I can describe it is the way your house is haunted. It only happens when I'm home alone, but its like a feeling of dread and I can hear people walking around up stairs(when no-one was there) knocking on the doors/walls. But all this stopped when we sent missiles to Syria. But I was home alone today and I was sitting doing my maths homework and I felt that feeling again and then hearing footsteps upstairs and then knocking on the door. I'm worried this means that a tragic event will happen again.

Also whenever I get a feeling like something bad is going to happen it always does to someone around me. I keep having dreams about one of my friends houses and I think this means that something is going to happen but I don't know what.

freetoroam
36 minutes ago, freyalapworth said:

Also whenever I get a feeling like something bad is going to happen it always does to someone around me

Who did you know who was at the Ariana Grandes concert or who do you know who has been affected by the events in Syria?

Unfortunately there have been many events which have involved terrorist attacks, you obviously are aware of the news, so if you watch the news regularly, it is no surprise when another tragic event occurs.

Unless you can name the time and place of the attack prior to it happening, then you are basically like many others, aware of the horrors in our world and that they can happen any time.

These are not visions,  they are awareness. A vision is detailed to the upcoming event,  you are not having any of these. 

sci-nerd

Although there have been claims made of a detected global consciousness, the interpretation of its results are disputable at best.

What you need to understand about human memory, is that it works best when something out of the ordinary happens. So let's say you have this "feeling" ten times a week, but you forget it shortly after, because nothing abnormal followed it. But if something extraordinary does follow, you remember the feeling you had much better.

Basically your "feeling" is not special or connected to an event, you just remember it better, when an event follows.

• Thanks 2

no9800
11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Who did you know who was at the Ariana Grandes concert or who do you know who has been affected by the events in Syria?

Unfortunately there have been many events which have involved terrorist attacks, you obviously are aware of the news, so if you watch the news regularly, it is no surprise when another tragic event occurs.

Unless you can name the time and place of the attack prior to it happening, then you are basically like many others, aware of the horrors in our world and that they can happen any time.

These are not visions,  they are awareness. A vision is detailed to the upcoming event,  you are not having any of these. 

I dont watch the news at all, I simply know because of people tell me about the events as I tell them something is going to happen and it does. The most recent event is a didnt get a vision but I was sitting on the swings with two of my friends the day before the Leicester helicopter crashed and I said something is going to happen x

no9800
7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Although there have been claims made of a detected global consciousness, the interpretation of its results are disputable at best.

What you need to understand about human memory, is that it works best when something out of the ordinary happens. So let's say you have this "feeling" ten times a week, but you forget it shortly after, because nothing abnormal followed it. But if something extraordinary does follow, you remember the feeling you had much better.

Basically your "feeling" is not special or connected to an event, you just remember it better, when an event follows.

I understand what you mean, however I remember every time I have the feeling as it is semantic so therefore it stays in my long term memory x

freetoroam
17 minutes ago, no9800 said:

I dont watch the news at all, I simply know because of people tell me about the events as I tell them something is going to happen and it does. The most recent event is a didnt get a vision but I was sitting on the swings with two of my friends the day before the Leicester helicopter crashed and I said something is going to happen x

"Something" happens often. Unless you can say what is going to happen - with specific details, you are not having a vision. Again, you are just aware that things do happen. 

Can you answer this question:

ChrLzs

Perhaps if you posted your visions before the event, rather than after?

'Something' of large proportions be it good or bad, happens every day - you can just pick whichever one you like and then your brain reverses your memories..

If you test this, ie diarise all your visions and publish them here or on Twitgram/Instabook/whatever, I'll bet it will vanish.  And that won't be because powers don't like to be tested..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

XenoFish

Hindsight is 20/20 and confirmation bias is strong.

• Like 1

John from Lowell
On 12/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, no9800 said:

It only happens when I'm home alone, but its like a feeling of dread and I can hear people walking around up stairs(when no-one was there) knocking on the doors/walls. But all this stopped when we sent missiles to Syria. But I was home alone today and I was sitting doing my maths homework and I felt that feeling again and then hearing footsteps upstairs and then knocking on the door. I'm worried this means that a tragic event will happen again.

Hi,

It is actually best, energetically speaking, to train your brain to not worry about these things. You are an energetically sensitive person with precognitive tendencies. Your thought patterns will influence you emotionally more so than most.

When you pick up on things, ask yourself, is there some thing I can do to help those circumstances. More often than not the answer is no. That can help you to detach energetically from that potential event.

John

• Like 2

White Crane Feather
On 12/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, ChrLzs said:

Perhaps if you posted your visions before the event, rather than after?

'Something' of large proportions be it good or bad, happens every day - you can just pick whichever one you like and then your brain reverses your memories..

If you test this, ie diarise all your visions and publish them here or on Twitgram/Instabook/whatever, I'll bet it will vanish.  And that won't be because powers don't like to be tested..

Good job being snarky at a teen age girl there hero. There are more tactful ways to get that little dopamine boost putting people underneirh you to satisfy the chip on your shoulder. Sheesh 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

White Crane Feather
On 12/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, no9800 said:

So this is my first post and I came here for other peoples views. I guess this is my weird 'story'.

I am an average teen girl who lives in Britain. Over the last few years there as been a series of terrorist attacks-e.g ariana grandes concert and many more. Every single time before one of these happened I would get a 'vision', I put it in '' as it's not one of those visions like in the movies or its so raven, I could still see everyone else around me, but it would be like a two screened computer. The vision would consist of a Chinese girl running through streets, and I can also hear screaming and shooting. Eventually the girl would run into an alleyway with whitewash walls and run and hide behind a green dumpster in a fetal position(much like that scene from pacific rim). I would get these 'visions' typically 1-3 days before the terrorist/tragic event. To accompany this for the time period from the first terrorist attack to when we sent missiles to Syria, I felt like unsafe. Like in my house the best I can describe it is the way your house is haunted. It only happens when I'm home alone, but its like a feeling of dread and I can hear people walking around up stairs(when no-one was there) knocking on the doors/walls. But all this stopped when we sent missiles to Syria. But I was home alone today and I was sitting doing my maths homework and I felt that feeling again and then hearing footsteps upstairs and then knocking on the door. I'm worried this means that a tragic event will happen again.

Also whenever I get a feeling like something bad is going to happen it always does to someone around me. I keep having dreams about one of my friends houses and I think this means that something is going to happen but I don't know what.

Try to learn to relax when you are feeling this way and try to observe what is happening as if you are a third person observer. It may take away some of the anxiety. 

ChrLzs
1 hour ago, White Crane Feather said:

Good job being snarky at a teen age girl there hero. There are more tactful ways to get that little dopamine boost putting people underneirh you to satisfy the chip on your shoulder. Sheesh 

?  Try reading it in a normal voice, rather than using your vibrant mental picture of me being an ebil debunking freak....

Then, if you still think it was inappropriate (speaking a simple truth generally isn't inappropriate, but if a moderator thinks otherwise, I'll apologise), then please report my behavior to the mod team - it will save the rest of the readers from your rather frequent whining....

Edited by ChrLzs